Any Hammer studios fans out there?

My favorite studio of all time. I grew up on Hammer horror films as well as their other stuff like 1 million years BC.

The Dracula movies with Christopher Lee are of course their most well known, but they have a LOT of really good movies.

Probably won't go over so well with many of todays crowd, because the movies relied more on excellent acting than gore. It's funny I watched so many as a kid to look back at the nudity in them now. :P Maybe that is why I liked them so much.

I love the Quartermass films but I could not name a favorite Hammer movie. I have been picking up a lot of them in used movie bins but most are on VHS. I wish they would release the whole lot on DVD. I would be first in line. The acting in these movies and the sets are just top notch.

I love Hammer films. I enjoyed watching Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing work together in many of Hammer's films. The Dracula series was OK until they tried to move Dracula to modern times in the final couple of movies. I really enjoyed the Frankenstein series with Cushing as the doctor. My favorite films are "Taste of Fear" (a kind of suspense thriller that Hitchcock would have loved), "The Devil Rides Out" and "Hands of the Ripper."

I love Hammer films. I enjoyed watching Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing work together in many of Hammer's films. The Dracula series was OK until they tried to move Dracula to modern times in the final couple of movies. I really enjoyed the Frankenstein series with Cushing as the doctor. My favorite films are "Taste of Fear" (a kind of suspense thriller that Hitchcock would have loved), "The Devil Rides Out" and "Hands of the Ripper."

yea, even Christopher Lee was VERY much against the later Dracula films and swore he would never do another. And he didn't. Dracula AD 72 has Drac and a bunch of hippies. I love it for it;s campiness, but it's a pretty bad movie.

I grew up thinking Peter Cushing and christopher Lee were the greatest, alongside non Hammer actors like Karloff and vincent Price. I was just a horror fan as a kid and that was the greatest era because the old universal monsters were still kept alive by magazines like Famous Monsters of Filmland and there were always Saturday morning/ afternoon creature features on. my sister worked at a movie theater and would always bring me home any posters. Man do I wish I had them now.

Looking back it's hard to believe I was into Hammer films, because they were so story driven it seems they would bore a kid to death. I Loved " Curse of the Werewolf" some of my favorite werewolf makeup. I also loved " The Reptile" " The Gorgon" The Quartermass movies and of course "1 million years BC" with Raquel Welch bringing the sexy. :P

I also loved their takes on the classics like " Phantom of the opera" and the Dr Jeckyll movies, including the strange "Dr Jeckyll and Sister Hyde"

The movies you mentioned are some great movies. I wish they were easier to find.