A Professor and her Daughter were Killed Yesterday by a Street Racer

womfalcs3

Cindy Furr is her name. She taught English at Winthrop University in SC.

It's sad. What are the penalties for street racers in SC (or GA?)?

I think there should be:

- Termination of driving privileges for life (Legally, the offender, can't obtain a driver's license.).

- 30-days in jail.

- Fine.

- Community service.

This story is very sad. There are complete idiots out there. Why can't they race in areas designated for racing? Is it that hard to race in such areas?

Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer

He's a demon on wheels

He's a demon and he's gonna be chasing after someone

He's gaining on you so you better look alive

He's busy revving up the powerful Mach Five

And when the odds are against him and there's daaangerous work to do

You bet your life Speed Racer's gonna see it through

Go Speed Racer

Go Speed Racer

Go Speed Racer go

normally its just kids who made a dumb decision...yeah, make them pay if it involves a life, but just to bust them? Mebbe should build more tracks and let kids take their cars on them instead imo.

Yeah but should they be let off the hook easy because they are just dumb kids?

I agree about making more tracks and such, but not having any should not be an excuse.

normally its just kids who made a dumb decision...yeah, make them pay if it involves a life, but just to bust them? Mebbe should build more tracks and let kids take their cars on them instead imo.

That kid making a dumb decision can end up killing people and/or changing people's lives forever. The victims have life-long impacts.

There are racing tracks out there, but even if there aren't, they should still be held liable.

That kid making a dumb decision can end up killing people and/or changing people's lives forever. The victims have life-long impacts.

There are racing tracks out there, but even if there aren't, they should still be held liable.

I offered a solution of ways to take them off the streets...not a liability issue. I get so annoyed listening to people diss the imports, cracking on the kids, etc too. Sometimes they do decorate them with bad taste, but they aren't that bad (they're as close to a muscle car as most kids can afford now).

As long as it is legal to talk on a cell phone and drive, this is all moot. I agree it's stupid to race on a street, but it's no dumber than trying to talk on a cell phone while driving 65 on a crowded road.

Now we're talking.I remember way back in the day they were discussing JOGGERS wearing headphones as they jogged.

Yet it is perfectly legal do yammer away about some stupid crap while you pilot a 2000 pound missle down the road. If anyone ever hits a car I am in while they are on a cell phone, they are going to eat it,crap it out and eat it again before the cops arrive. I hate those morons. And if anyone who is reading this IS one of those morons, #### you, too.

Now we're talking.I remember way back in the day they were discussing JOGGERS wearing headphones as they jogged.

Yet it is perfectly legal do yammer away about some stupid crap while you pilot a 2000 pound missle down the road. If anyone ever hits a car I am in while they are on a cell phone, they are going to eat it,crap it out and eat it again before the cops arrive. I hate those morons. And if anyone who is reading this IS one of those morons, #### you, too.

Yep! That's why I really try to avoid driving as much as possible these days. I'm not lying here, every time I drive I have some idiot on a cell phone almost hits me. That's not made up, everytime, without fail. Also, the other day I was out walking in my neighborhood, and a couple of blocks from my house, some people got into a car wreck. I didn't see what happened, just heard a loud noise, turned around, and on the street behind me two cars were now joined. So I was walking over to make sure they were alright and see if they needed any help. As I approached, I realized the three people between the two cars were all on their cell phones. That's right, there was an accident, and instead of getting out to check on each other, they all stayed on their cell phones talking (which is why they had an accident to begin with). Once I realized that the people involved were alright, or at least didn't care about their own safety enough to put down their cell phones, I decided I needn't rush over to help them. I started walking back towards my house, and it was over a minute before anyone stopped talking on their cell phones and got out of their cars to deal with the accident.