How long before, as loyal Falcons fan, I can call someone a bust?

heretic

Even if I believe you can call BUST a player after 2 complete season, I'll listen to the gurus who predict a miracle for JA98

Even if these gurus were sure about Knapp going to be THE right OC for Vick (just wait, they used to say)

Even if these gurus were sure about Petrino going to be the right man (just wait, they used to say)

Even if these gurus were sure about Vick going to become a good passer (just wait they used to say)

Ok, kerney didn't show much until his third season

Can I call JA98 a bust if he fails in his THIRD season too?

Could I call Vick a mediocre passer after FOUR seasons?

Could I call Knapp a mediocre OC after THREE complete seasons?

Could I call Dunn a mediocre scorer after multiple seasons?

So, let's wait until the end of the season.

We all hope JA98 will become a decent DE (like I REALLY hoped I was wrong about Knapp-Vick-Petrino-Dunn)

If he won't....I would like these gurus to say they were wrong (I didn't read anything about Knapp, Vick, Dunn....)

P.s. about the White-Anderson comparison:

- Roddy has started less than half of the total games in his first two seasons

- Wasn't Roddy one of the horrid receiver who used to drop so many of those marvelous Vick passes? (does anybody remember the tons of topics about DROPS?). Some of us knew that the problem was NOT Roddy.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call someone a bust whenever you feel like it as long as you back it up with facts, logic and reason. Don't let these other posters try to tell you what to think. I completely and utterly reject their juvenile attempts to reduce this board to a mindless, cheerleading status devoid of reasoned and lucid discussion about the Falcons.

The "three year rule" is a nothing more than a transparent attempt to keep people from discussing the struggles of Jamaal Anderson. Unfortunately this ridiculous "rule" was swallowed hook, line and sinker by some of the more gullible posters. Don't fall for it.

Certainly players like Vernon Ghoulston certainly can be labeled a bust after their first year. Whether you want to call Jamaal a bust or not make up your own mind about it based upon what you see with your own eyes on the field of play and not what people tell you to think.

You have to wait until Gazoo allows it.

:lol: :lol:

Well, I'm still waiting him to allow to call Knapp a bad choice, to call Vick a mediocre passer with an horrid work ethic, to call Dunn a mediocre scorer...

You can call someone a bust whenever you feel like it as long as you back it up with facts, logic and reason. Don't let these other posters try to tell you what to think. I completely and utterly reject their juvenile attempts to reduce this board to a mindless, cheerleading status devoid of reasoned and lucid discussion about the Falcons.

The "three year rule" is a nothing more than a transparent attempt to keep people from discussing the struggles of Jamaal Anderson. Unfortunately this ridiculous "rule" was swallowed hook, line and sinker by some of the more gullible posters. Don't fall for it.

Certainly players like Vernon Ghoulston certainly can be labeled a bust after their first year. Whether you want to call Jamaal a bust or not make up your own mind about it based upon what you see with your own eyes on the field of play and not what people tell you to think.

I know. ;)

I think the better question is why does gazoo care so much? Seriously. How pathetic of a life do you have to spend this much energy tilting at windmills? Just accept that fact that not everyone will agree with you, stop belaboring the point, and wait for next season. This nonstop attempt to explain why JA sucked or to prove his has potential is no better than the vick trolls who insist we acknowledge his greatness.

What do you call someone who starts a known hot debate topic on a regular basis just to fight?

Troll.

JA98 can be an early down, run stopping DE and then shift inside on passing downs and be valuable player for us. If we resign him at contract time I hope we make an offer commensurate with his role. He will never be a John Abraham or Patrick Kerney like we hoped.

You know, "a certain poster" who continually touts the three year bust rule, suddenly seems very pleased that we traded a two year player for draft position. but what about giving him three years? In gaz's eyes, didn't we just trade away a potential pro bowler; I mean this would have been LR's third year...The Breakout Year!! Where he would magically transform into something we've seen no evidence of.

:The Butterfly Rule" or "The Cocoon Theory" is what I call it when they expect someone to go into the offseason as one thing, and come out of it as a completely changed being.

You know, "a certain poster" who continually touts the three year bust rule, suddenly seems very pleased that we traded a two year player for draft position. but what about giving him three years? In gaz's eyes, didn't we just trade away a potential pro bowler; I mean this would have been LR's third year...The Breakout Year!! Where he would magically transform into something we've seen no evidence of.

:The Butterfly Rule" or "The Cocoon Theory" is what I call it when they expect someone to go into the offseason as one thing, and come out of it as a completely changed being.

It was funny to me to see him start bashing Laurent as soon as he was traded. :lol:

Even if I believe you can call BUST a player after 2 complete season, I'll listen to the gurus who predict a miracle for JA98

Even if these gurus were sure about Knapp going to be THE right OC for Vick (just wait, they used to say)

Even if these gurus were sure about Petrino going to be the right man (just wait, they used to say)

Even if these gurus were sure about Vick going to become a good passer (just wait they used to say)

Ok, kerney didn't show much until his third season

Can I call JA98 a bust if he fails in his THIRD season too?

Could I call Vick a mediocre passer after FOUR seasons?

Could I call Knapp a mediocre OC after THREE complete seasons?

Could I call Dunn a mediocre scorer after multiple seasons?

So, let's wait until the end of the season.

We all hope JA98 will become a decent DE (like I REALLY hoped I was wrong about Knapp-Vick-Petrino-Dunn)

If he won't....I would like these gurus to say they were wrong (I didn't read anything about Knapp, Vick, Dunn....)

P.s. about the White-Anderson comparison:

- Roddy has started less than half of the total games in his first two seasons

- Wasn't Roddy one of the horrid receiver who used to drop so many of those marvelous Vick passes? (does anybody remember the tons of topics about DROPS?). Some of us knew that the problem was NOT Roddy.

Regardless of what Busterson does this year he was a total bust in his first two seasons. Total. That history can never be rewritten. No other DE drafted in the top 10 busted like he did except Jamal Reynolds who didn't start one game but still had more sacks than Busterson.

JA98 can be an early down, run stopping DE and then shift inside on passing downs and be valuable player for us...
Herein lies the problem. A lot of teams pass on first down. Also when he's on the field the QB can always lick his chops, change the play at the line, roll toward Busterson then throw to whoever Crisp Houston is covering.

and you guys keep posting in those threads, in which continues it.

We wouldn't post in them if they didn't exist. For every negative JA thread there are easily 15 threads telling us not to call him a bust. Take out those 15 and there would be very little discussion on this subject.

When they're no longer a falcon.
Your'e kidding right?

You best bet I will not coddle or turn a blind eye to any clown that stinks up my favorite team including Busterson, Bobbi Quitrino, Toast Williams, Ed Hurtwell, Bye Run Scott, Chad Lavalump or anyone else that stinks up the team and sucks up cap dollars. Never. If they're on the team I will pull for them but if they stink it up they will hear my criticism.

...Could I call Vick a mediocre passer after FOUR seasons?...
You can call Vick a mediocre passer but you can't call him a mediocre winner can you? He was always in the top 10 in the league in wins as a starter on six dismal teams that four other QBs went 9-20 on. Plus he his still the all time winningest Falcon QB as a starter with 30 or more starts.

Regardless of what Busterson does this year he was a total bust in his first two seasons. Total. That history can never be rewritten. No other DE drafted in the top 10 busted like he did except Jamal Reynolds who didn't start one game but still had more sacks than Busterson.

Shawn Knight

#11 overall

31 career games, ZERO sacks

Reggie Rogers

#7 overall

15 career games, 2 sacks

Steve Emtman

#1 overall

50 career games, 8 sacks

Jason Peter

#14 overall

38 career games, 7.5 sacks

Andre Wadsworth

#3 overall

36 career games, 8 sacks

Jamal Reynolds

#10 overall

18 career games, 3 sacks

Jerome McDougle

#15 overall

37 career games, 3 sacks

Michael Haynes

#14 overall

42 career games, 5.5 sacks

Other than those guys, not many come close to Anderson's lack of production for a top 15 pick.

We wouldn't post in them if they didn't exist. For every negative JA thread there are easily 15 threads telling us not to call him a bust. Take out those 15 and there would be very little discussion on this subject.

easily? link please. i think you are extremely exaggerating. there is easily more JA is a bust threads.

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!! ANOTHER ANDERSON THREAD!!! ****ING WHOOPIE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Why does it matter what you call him? It doesn't change anything. He is going to be on the roster for one more year no matter what. I hope he does well. All of these arguments you guys have don't mean anything. Why don't you both wait until next year?