Wide Receiver Kenny McKinley had a private workout with Atlanta Falcons

atljbo

Link

In "Draftday.dk learns" We have already had highlighted wide receiver Kenny McKinley, who made several records in South Carolina, which probably could make an impact on returns in the NFL. We have since learned through a source that the Patriots , Bronco and Falcon all have seen McKinley for private workouts.

sc-k-mckinley.jpg

Height: 6'0

Weight: 190

40 Yrd Dash: 4.40

20 Yrd Dash: 2.53

10 Yrd Dash: 1.46

Vertical Jump: 37

Broad Jump: 09'05"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.10

3-Cone Drill: 6.96

Strengths:

Adequate height...Great leaper...Very good hands...Nice ball skills and body control...Elusive with terrific vision and instincts...Very quick and agile with a burst...Runs good routes and knows how to get open...Tough and will work the middle...Can do some damage after the catch...Smart with good awareness...Could also contribute as a return man...Great production...A lot of experience against elite competition.

Weaknesses:

Has a thin, almost frail frame...Is not very strong...Will have trouble beating the jam at the line...Speed is relatively average...Isn't a vertical threat...Not real physical...A sub par blocker...Durability is a concern.

Projection: Late 4th - Mid 5th round

Kenny McKinley is like another Harry Douglas..... Kenny McKinley can also return punts

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

love to hear that TD is scouting yet another late round prospect. He is really putting a lot of thought into this draft and I think we will do great!

excellent observation, T.D is doing his homework. I believe the late round picks we picked up(from trade with rams) will turn into solid players for this very reason.

good lookin with the info jbo

love to hear that TD is scouting yet another late round prospect. He is really putting a lot of thought into this draft and I think we will do great!

It's remarkable how much effort TD and the coaches are putting into scouting mid round players. I've never seen anything like it in my years as a Falcon fan. I used to always catch the scouts at training camp and rap with them back in the 80's and 90's and they'd tell me often, "yeah when we finally got him in here and saw what he could do in person" during training camps it showed they rarely saw these players before the draft.

I'll never forget hanging out with Ron Hill and listenng to him go on and on about how talented he thought Waine Bacon and theother S we drafted tha year were,.......they both sucked and got cut!

Thanks as always ATLJBO.

At 4.4, how that was clocked I don't know, but that is smoking fast. Maybe they are saying he doesn't play fast on the field because he hesitates in traffic. The fact that he can't block is coachable but one of the main reasons that Robinson was let go. Use the same pick for Robinson and see if this guy can learn to block. I wonder how his catching ability is. Some wait for the ball to drop in their hands, some choke under pressure, and some fight for it. Could be a nice development guy and worse case gets some picks in a few years for him.

His play on the field doesn't equal 4.4, but he runs very, very good routes, changes direction very quick, and has a very good burst of speed. Not the best overall speed, but pretty adequate. I was shocked by his 40 time. He's pretty fast, but not that fast. I'd be stoked about this pickup.

When you see him in person, he doesn't look like the strongest guy in the world, but he's very elusive, and a lot harder to bring down than you think. He had a foot injury earlier last season, missed a few games, but that's it. Definitely not injury-prone. He'd be a solid pickup.

It's remarkable how much effort TD and the coaches are putting into scouting mid round players. I've never seen anything like it in my years as a Falcon fan. I used to always catch the scouts at training camp and rap with them back in the 80's and 90's and they'd tell me often, "yeah when we finally got him in here and saw what he could do in person" during training camps it showed they rarely saw these players before the draft.

I'll never forget hanging out with Ron Hill and listenng to him go on and on about how talented he thought Waine Bacon and theother S we drafted tha year were,.......they both sucked and got cut!

was that corey hall?