TheAtlantaFans Falcons Mock Draft

Zanka

Draft

Round 1: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State - One of the drafts "safe" picks IMO. He can play all 3 LB positions in a 4-3. He is great when dropping back in coverage and also a sure tackler. He may lack speed but all his intangibles and great instincts make up for it

Trade alert: We trade our 2nd and 3rd round pick to Jacksonville for their early 2nd round pick. The trade makes sense for the Jags as they have lots of hole on defense and need more picks to solve them(DT,CB,S)

Round 2: Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan - He has all the skills a S needs to succeed in the NFL. He plays bigger than his size indicates. He is great when coming up in run support and he is also nice when dropping back in coverage. He is a great leader to.

Round 4: Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa - A nice combination of size(6'0) and athleticism(4.49). Read some scouting reports and there aren't a lot of downside to him. He sacrifises himself to break up the pass, and he uses his hands great when covering. A nice pick here

Round 5: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman - One of the drafts late round gems IMO. Despite weighing in at 329 pounds he is very athletic and even played some DE in college. He is a great run stuffer but with his athletic ability we could train him up to do some pass rush to

Round 5: Ryan Purvis, TE, Boston College - We re-unite Matt with his former college TE. They were a nice pair in college and it is notable that Ryan has left BC on Purvis stats. He is a great blocker and also has sure hands. He could be a nice 2nd string TE

Round 6: Greg Carr, WR, Florida State - If you read scouting reports on him he definetly isn't anything else but a pure end-zone target. He is 6'6 high and he has ability to make the catch in traffic and he is great when jumping up to get the high balls. Can also toe-tap

Depth Chart

QB: Ryan-Redman-Schockley

RB: Turner-Norwood-Brown

FB: Mughelli-Snelling

TE: Peele-Hartsock-Purvis

WR: White-Carr

WR: Jenkins-Douglas-Finneran

LT: Baker-Svitek

LG: Blalock-Ojinaka

C: McClure-Romberg

RG: Dahl-Wilkerson

RT: Clabo-Foster

DE: Abraham-Biermann

DT: Lewis-Jefferson

DT: Babineaux-Hill-Moorehead

DE: Anderson-Davis

SLB: Laurinaitis-Peterson-Wire

MLB: Lofton-Gilbert

WLB: Nicholas-James

CB: Houston-Hutchins

CB: Jackson-Fletcher

FS: Delmas-Decoud

SS: Coleman-Fudge

Offense: In FA we added some much needed depth our offensive line in Will Svitek and Brett Romberg. We add a future 2nd string TE with nice blocking skills and we wait to get a primary TE till next year(Possibly Jermaine Gresham). Besides that we add our future endzone target in Greg Carr who has all the skills to be an endzone target. He will learn from Finneran until Fin retires. So not a lot of changes on offense.

Defense: Our defense will rotate a lot if it is to succeed. On the D-Line we will have Hill coming in instead of Babs on running downs and on passing downs we will have JA98 moving inside besides Babs and Biermann playing LDE. Besides that it will be as shown on the depth chart above. If Nicholas succeeds at WLB our LB core will be set for years to come. Laurinaitis will be in most of the time but Peterson will play some time to beside that Peterson will be a mentor for our young LB core. I am quite safe with our CBs right now and also with Delmas coming I am safe at S for this year. I still think that Coleman is only a stopgap and we will draft a future SS in next years draft(If we are lucky Eric Berry)

I know a lot of you will dislike the trade I made by trading our 2nd and 3rd to move up to early 2nd but I really wanted Delmas and I didn't know that to do with the 2nd and 3rd round pick xD

Please come with suggestions to what you would like me to do with those picks so I can improve my next mock draft :)

That is it folks. Flame away

I like all your pick. But don't think JL will fall to us. The Ravens will get him. Delmas won't be there when we pick in the second. He might go in the first. And like I said on the other posts. You can keep purvis. He doesn't put fear in any LB's hart. We need someone that can stretch the field. He's not it. I don't think he will get drafted. you can have him as a UDFA.. IMO.. Why waste a pick on someone that isn't going to get drafted. You have other TE's that are better.

id hate if we got JL lol i just dont like him i think if Larry English is there in the first we have to get him his pass rushing is great and he is very versitle something Mike SMith likes he can play end and linebacker and if we traded up and got Delmas i would love if we got Delmas and English :D

I like all your pick. But don't think JL will fall to us. The Ravens will get him. Delmas won't be there when we pick in the second. He might go in the first. And like I said on the other posts. You can keep purvis. He doesn't put fear in any LB's hart. We need someone that can stretch the field. He's not it. I don't think he will get drafted. you can have him as a UDFA.. IMO.. Why waste a pick on someone that isn't going to get drafted. You have other TE's that are better.

You say you don't think that he will fall to us and then say The Ravens will get him. We pick before the Ravens :lol:

And we trade up if you didn't notice to get Delmas :)

I like all your pick. But don't think JL will fall to us. The Ravens will get him.

we pick before the Ravens. :huh:

but uh, im not sure if i like the draft. i just dont trust the Laurinaitis pick. u say its safe, but i think its a huge risk.