Roscoe Parrish available for trade

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bills looking to move WR Parrish

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Roscoe Parrish, a Buffalo Bills second-round pick whose specialty of working out of the slot in three-receiver sets, may be slotted to a new job.

According to a source, Parrish is being shopped by the Bills in trade discussions. It is not known what the asking price is, but Parrish is available because of the team's abundance of wide receivers.

Lee Evans is the team's No. 1 receiver and Terrell Owens will be the starter on the other side. The Bills also have Josh Reed, who plays his best when he works out of the slot. They are also developing James Hardy at split end.

The Bills selected Parrish in the second round of the 2005 draft. He has six starts in four seasons, catching 97 passes for 1,052 yards and five touchdowns.

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

POSITIVES: Small, yet explosive skill player with homerun hitting abilities. Quickly releases off the line, immediately gets to top speed and stretches the field vertically. Sells routes and fakes out opponents with his quickness. Gets separation, comes back to the pass and adjusts to the errant throw. Looks the ball into his hands and very quick transitioning from making the reception to running after the catch. Easily makes the difficult over the shoulder catch running full speed. Gets vertical and extends skyward to pull the throw from the air. Makes the tough reception in a crowd.

NEGATIVES: Does not display strong hands. Undersized, will have difficulty handling the jam at the next level and not a heavy-duty wideout that can take a pounding.

ANALYSIS: Speed being his greatest asset, Parrish has the abilities to be a third receiver in the NFL and a game-impacting punt returner.

I know we are looking at some late round WR prospects for this draft, but depending on what the Bills are looking for in terms of compensation, trading for Parrish could be a great move. He could work in the slot as a #3 or #4 WR utilizing his blazing speed, but more importantly he would finally give us the dynamic return man that we've been missing. We could really do some damage with Roddy and Jenkins split out wide and Douglas and Parrish in the slot in a 4 WR set.

Sounds alot like Douglas.

He is similar to Douglas, but Parrish is faster and by far the better return man. If we did decide to get him, we would have two speedsters as slot WRs and the playmaking return man that every team covets. We could do a lot with 4 WR sets, and we'd also have a #2 slot guy in case Harry got hurt. Douglas is our only slot receiver right now.

i would definately not be against this....we would finally have a great return man.Harry is solid,but Parish is soooooo much faster and he would add receiver depth.

Agreed. Parrish would add not only WR depth and a home run hitting slot WR to our offense, but we would finally have a great return man that could take a few back to the house every year. Also if we acquired Parrish then Douglas could focus more on being a WR and would grow more as a WR.

Parrish is their #5 WR, so I don't think his value would really be that much.

Maybe Buffalo's 5th+7th+Parrish for our 5th and 6th. I'd do that.

If we are to get him I hope that we don't have to give more than a 4th or else we shouldn't make the trade. he is a nasty return guy and a nice slot receiver but I don't think we need him and if we get a WR then it is a late round prospect in the draft like Patrick Turner or Darius Passmore

Douglas is our boy!

IMO is better than parish.

Parrish is a much faster than Douglas and is a much better returner as well.

If we are to get him I hope that we don't have to give more than a 4th or else we shouldn't make the trade. he is a nasty return guy and a nice slot receiver but I don't think we need him and if we get a WR then it is a late round prospect in the draft like Patrick Turner or Darius Passmore

I don't think we'll have to give up that much in value if we decide to trade for him. My favorite late round WR is Dominique Edison out of Stephen F. Austin, but Passmore is a good prospect in his own right and we have shown interest in him.

Not as a returner.....if you think that your just being a homer.And with him, Douglas could focus on being strictly a receiver,and we would have a GREAT return man.

with that said,i strongly doubt we get him

I completely agree with your first statement. Do I think it is likely that we get him? No. However I think it is possible since TD worked with the Pats for the duration of Parrish's career so far with the Bills and he saw Parrish in action 2x a year. Management is most familiar with the players from within their division that they have to see 2x a year, and for the most part signings come from within the division, especially in the AFC East where TD used to work.