Falcons | Met with English

atljbo

I think he would be a good pick. I have not looked at him very much, but from what I have heard he is one of the top rated LB to be in the draft. (behind a few others).I would take him if one of the others wasn't there

guess you havent heard much then either. dude's a DE

Awesome pick.... an Abe clone. Abe Andersen Babineux English on passing downs? Game Over. That would do wonders for our entire defense. Make our corners look like pro bowlers. Its just too bad he is an Abe clone as far as injuries go too :(

I don't like a D-line with an old kicker as the UT.

They would run all over the poor Morten...

:P

Thanks atljbo, thats great to hear.

Move Jamaal inside with babs and have him and abe attack off the edge. That would be one he11 of a pass rush.

How would it be? Abraham, then Mr. Can't Get to the QB, then Babs, then a rookie who won't play at a high level in his first year more than likely.

I still don't see how he can be a RDE when we have Abe...if English gets picked he will be a LDE and start on passing downs and rotate.

ala C Davis and Abe at RDE

But they have JA98 for run downs and Bierman/W Evans for pass downs already for the LDE

Both Bireman and Evans are TD players so they should be acceptable for that role.

Why do they need another one??

I have no problem with getting one but just not real early with such pressing needs at DT, SS, backup OT etc.

and if they wait until later in the draft will whoever they get be better than Bierman or Evans?

I still don't see how he can be a RDE when we have Abe...if English gets picked he will be a LDE and start on passing downs and rotate.
exactly my friend...English would rotate a lot with Abe at RDE and come in at LDE on passing downs...Look at the Giants, they picked even MORE DL depth this off season with Canty and Bernard....

English is 6'2" 255 and ran a 4.82 at the combine.

Abraham is 6'4" 266 and ran a 4.89 (for what that's worth)

I don't care if they are similar in height. I actually like the idea of having two pass rushing DE's because in my opinion you collapse the pocket from the outside most times and you hold the run and plug the middle with size.

From what I see English actually projects to OLB in the NFL and on alot of boards Michael Johnson has in fact moved ahead of him.

For me English has more value as a DE however since you don't know what he can do as far as covering receivers and playing in space. He's played with his hand in the ground for most of his career.

If the Falcons could trade down and get him later and pick up 1 or 2 additional picks then I would be all for English because I find him very interesting if he were to remain at DE but as I said I have hear more people say he will be an OLB than a DE at the next level.

English at 24 is a, "no" but English in the 1st part of the 2nd after we have traded back to pick up an additional 2nd or 3rd is a big, "YES."

I don't care if they are similar in height. I actually like the idea of having two pass rushing DE's because in my opinion you collapse the pocket from the outside most times and you hold the run and plug the middle with size.

From what I see English actually projects to OLB in the NFL and on alot of boards Michael Johnson has in fact moved ahead of him.

For me English has more value as a DE however since you don't know what he can do as far as covering receivers and playing in space. He's played with his hand in the ground for most of his career.

If the Falcons could trade down and get him later and pick up 1 or 2 additional picks then I would be all for English because I find him very interesting if he were to remain at DE but as I said I have hear more people say he will be an OLB than a DE at the next level.

English at 24 is a, "no" but English in the 1st part of the 2nd after we have traded back to pick up an additional 2nd or 3rd is a big, "YES."

I don't know what boards you have been looking at because i thought he has been projected as a DE?

I don't know what boards you have been looking at because i thought he has been projected as a DE?

I prefer CBS sports because they have alot of depth in their analysis. They project him as an OLB but list him as a DE. Like I said though I would be more interested in him as a DE honestly.

John Abraham ran a 4.46 40.... Where did you get that 4.89 from