Hanson dealing in his G-Braves debut

25jag

so far he's gone 4 innings with 9 K's. Had bases loaded in 1st with 1 out and K'd the next two, gave up a leadoff triple in the 2nd and K'd the next three. Can't wait to see him in the majors! He's at 75 pitches in 4 innings, so will probably only go 5 today unfortunately. G-Braves are winning 3-0, Canizares has their only hits so far, he's 2 for 2 with a 2R homer.

If Hanson helped us win games by being in the BP, then it wouldn't be a waste. John Smoltz moved to the Bullpen to help us, and that worked out pretty well.

That was after major surgery and he worked his way back to starting. Hanson needs to get in the groove of pitching every 5 days and pitching deep into games. He does not need to pitch an inning here and a couple of innings there. It would slow his development in my opinion. He is a starter and should be used as a starter. That being said...if they decide to call him up for bullpen work, I won't complain about it. There is no doubt he is better than what we have but, the team has to focus on him being prepared to take his place as a starter for many years to come.

nawww WAY to good for the Pen.

Hanson >>>>>>> The whole Braves Pen

David Price was better than the whole Rays pen also, but they called him up to be the do everything guy- long relief/closer/set-up, he did whatever they asked and he gave them a major spark. Hanson could be middle relief and then rotate in with Glavine as the 5th starter every now and then.

David Price was better than the whole Rays pen also, but they called him up to be the do everything guy- long relief/closer/set-up, he did whatever they asked and he gave them a major spark. Hanson could be middle relief and then rotate in with Glavine as the 5th starter every now and then.

In september. Down th Strech, while they were Contending

Its only April man.

In september. Down th Strech, while they were Contending

Yep. Adding to that, the Rays were speculating whether they should have Price be a starter with them, or be their eventual closer. That's another reason they brought him up and worked him out of the bullpen in the last month of the season. We know that Hanson is eventually going to be a starter. I don't see any way that they bring up Hanson to work out of the bullpen. I've never pitched, but from what I hear, it takes a long time to go from starting pitcher to coming out of the bullpen whenever needed (and vice-versa).

Yep. Adding to that, the Rays were speculating whether they should have Price be a starter with them, or be their eventual closer. That's another reason they brought him up and worked him out of the bullpen in the last month of the season. We know that Hanson is eventually going to be a starter. I don't see any way that they bring up Hanson to work out of the bullpen. I've never pitched, but from what I hear, it takes a long time to go from starting pitcher to coming out of the bullpen whenever needed (and vice-versa).

yeah i gotcha.

But phenoms like Tommy Hanson and David Price are just to good for the 'Pen. Only getting 1,2,3 inings out of him isnt a whole lot.