A GM thoughts on Robert Ayers

atljbo

“We always say we don’t use numbers when we are scouting. I guess we’ll find out who truly believes it, because (Tennessee DE Robert) Ayers does not have good numbers (measurable or sack production). We have him in the early second round. I could not justify drafting him where we are picking (in the top 15).”

I have mixed feelings about Robert Ayers.... Is Robert Ayers another Justin Tuck or is the guy another Chauncey Davis ?..... I was leaning towards not wanting him with the 24th pick but after hearing Mike Mayock, idk...... (yesterday Mike Mayock put his rep on the line by saying 3 years Robert Ayers will be the best Defensive player that came out of this draft)

I have mixed feelings about Robert Ayers.... Is Robert Ayers another Justin Tuck or is the guy another Chauncey Davis ?..... I was leaning towards not wanting him with the 24th pick but after hearing Mike Mayock, idk...... (yesterday Mike Mayock put his rep on the line by saying 3 years Robert Ayers will be the best Defensive player that came out of this draft)

He did have a Mark My Word moment regarding Ayers, but i still think we have the luxury of passing since we have Davis unless we are playing on Trading JA98, that is the only way i can see us getting Ayers.

That is what i don't understand. How does Kiper have him going to the Bills in the top 15 yet other people don't have him even going in the 1st round. Thats nuts. If he makes it us i'd say draft him, but that GM statement is exactly right. He is the exact opposite of MJ. Its going to be fun to see where he goes.

That is what i don't understand. How does Kiper have him going to the Bills in the top 15 yet other people don't have him even going in the 1st round.

Mocks that don't have him going in the top 15 are done by amateurs who aren't in contact with league personnel guys. He's not certain to get out of the top 10 at this point. It would be a shock if he's on the board at #20, meaning he's not even in the discussion for Atlanta unless we trade up.

I appreciate the GM's attempt to poor mouth in order to trade to keep him on the board longer, but everyone knows this trick.

Mocks that don't have him going in the top 15 are done by amateurs who aren't in contact with league personnel guys. He's not certain to get out of the top 10 at this point. It would be a shock if he's on the board at #20, meaning he's not even in the discussion for Atlanta unless we trade up.

I appreciate the GM's attempt to poor mouth in order to trade to keep him on the board longer, but everyone knows this trick.

smoke..and mirrors