Scott da 6'0

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather forecast for the weekend in Atlanta

Friday: T-storms. High 72F. Winds S at 13 mph 80% chance of rain

Saturday: Showers. High 68F and low 49F. Winds NW at 14 mph.10% chance of rain

Sunday: Mostly Cloudy. High 67F and low 51F. Winds E at 14 mph. 0% Chance of rain

Not looking good for opening day at the Ted

Also on Opening day they are going to honor Pete. Pete van Wieren began his broadcasting career with the Atlanta Braves in 1976 along with partner Skip Caray. Van Wieren is affectionately known as "The Professor" for his pre-game preparedness and baseball research abilities. He spent 33 years with the Braves

Thunderstorms always pop up this time of year in the SE. If anything, the game may be delayed a bit, but I don't think enough rain is in the forecast for them to call it off completely.

******....I wish we could play right now. I hate having to deal with this loss for an extra day. We're 2-1, though.

Im not that worried about the Nats they have a decent lineup but nothing near the Phillies and we should hit their pitching pretty hard

The lineup they'll throw out will probably be something similiar to this

1. Lastings Milledge

2. Christian Guzman

3. Ryan Zimmerman

4. Adam Dunn

5. Nick Johnson

6. Austin Kearns

7. Ronnie Belliard

8. Flores/Nieves whoevers catching that night

Im not that worried about the Nats they have a decent lineup but nothing near the Phillies and we should hit their pitching pretty hard

The lineup they'll throw out will probably be something similiar to this

1. Lastings Milledge

2. Christian Guzman

3. Ryan Zimmerman

4. Adam Dunn

5. Nick Johnson

6. Austin Kearns

7. Ronnie Belliard

8. Flores/Nieves whoevers catching that night

Not as stacked as the phillies. We just have to watch out for Zimmerman and Dunn.

Just some info on Martis as far as his career numbers

1-3 with a 5.66 ERA in 4 starts and 1 relief appearance

In his 20.2 IP he has18 hits allowed 14 runs 13 earned hes allowed 5 HRs so it seems he has a tendancy to give up the long ball hes walked 12 but hes struckout 23 so it looks like he can put some Ks on the board but at the sametime he'll walk a few he'll give up the hits and the long ball

Losing games in a 162 game season is obviously going to happen a lot, but to blow a 7 run lead while not even making the other team swing at pitches is just ridiculous. Braves gotta sweep the Nats after that. It will take that and at least 2 extremely convincing wins to ease the pain of today.

Not to mention we're only carrying 4 starters, and Kawakami pitched on Saturday (he'll get a few extra days off after experiencing shoulder fatigue not too long ago).

That really surprised me when I heard about that. It is a long season and to get fatigue in ST raises some red flags. Hopefully he does well on Saturday. I will be at the game.

Anyone else going to games this weekend??

That really surprised me when I heard about that. It is a long season and to get fatigue in ST raises some red flags. Hopefully he does well on Saturday. I will be at the game.

Anyone else going to games this weekend??

He'll be fine once he gets the hang of it....I've had fatigue in my shoulder and you just need to rest your arm for a few days...