Falcons DT Jonathan Babineaux and Michael Koenan 790 the zone interview

atljbo

Falcons DT Jonathan Babineaux interview

Michael Koenan interview

Gazoo will love this..... Babs sais that Jamaal Anderon has been working hard this offseason, is in the bext shape he's ever seen Jamaal Anderson in, and should have some tricks up his sleeve.......

God i hope he is right... I'm sure Thomas Dimitroff will still draft a DE (hopefully Michael Johnson) because we cant just blindly count on Jamaal... If we can get some QB hurrys and atleast 5 sacks out of Jamaal Anderson, Chauncey Davis continue his play, Michael Johnson give us that instant pass rush while he grow into a complete DE, Kroy Biermann give us what he can not only would Abe have help and should be fresh but we will also have a very talented and deep D-Line (Giant style)..... Chauncey Davis and Jamaal Anderson has shown us that they can kick in in to play DT in certain situations.

God news for me, bad news for the haters invested in his demise.

This would support the offseason statements of Tom Dimitroff and Coach Smitty in regards to them saying his arrow is up and they fully expect him to keep developing in this defense. These statements were abjectly dismissed as "what do you expect them to say" by the JA98 haters.

"TRICKS UP HIS SLEEVE" clearly suggest to me that he's been working on his pass rush skills.

This is very good to hear in any event. Perhaps some will shut thier mouths now with the nonsense about him being lazy. Last year John Abraham said JA98 was working his butt off as well.

You would think the entire Falcon nation would be happy to hear these words coming from Babineaux but I suspect that will not be the case. becuase some posters are so invested in him failing they wil find this to be bad news and attack it.

Hopefully JA98 has learned some new pass rush moves. Maybe worked on his explosiveness.

Kerney was said to be lazy and lacking explosion in his first two seasons as well. Fans were screaming obscenties a Kerney in his second year while I was at home games, calling him a bust. It was horrible listening to becuase I knew Kerney was trying but struggling to find hs game.

Man were the fans wrong about Kerney. Hopefully JA98 steps up this year. My position has always been I will wait until I see JA98 play in year 3 before rawing any conclusions on his future as a player.

But, we'll see.

Despite the haters tring to suggest otherwise, that's **always** been my position on JA98.....wait until his 3rd season before taking the position he is a bust or a boom. Some here claim that because I do not take the position he is a bust, I must think he's a boom. They can;t understand the word "patience".

This is very good to hear in any event. Perhaps some will shut thier mouths now with the nonsense about him being lazy. Last year John Abraham said JA98 was working his butt off as well.

So, what you are saying is we heard the exact same thing last year with very little new results???

God news for me, bad news for the haters invested in his demise.

This would support the offseason statements of Tom Dimitroff and Coach Smitty in regards to them saying his arrow is up and they fully expect him to keep developing in this defense. These statements were abjectly dismissed as "what do you expect them to say" by the JA98 haters.

"TRICKS UP HIS SLEEVE" clearly suggest to me that he's been working on his pass rush skills.

You would think the entire Falcon nation would be happy to hear these words coming from Babineaux but I suspect that will not be the case. becuase some posters are so invested in him failing they wil find this to be bad news and attack it.

I never bashed Jamaal Anderson..... I think Jamaal Anderson is a good run defending DE..Thats inportant for a team also... But gazoo u cant get mad if some fans are not high on the guy..... You even have to admit that Jamaal Anderson has not produce like most expected (for a top 10 DE) .... I can understand their point of view (even if i dont 100% agree) .....

I just hope Babs is right..... If we can getsome pass rushing production from Jamaal along with our other moves..... Thats HUGE for our Defense .....

P.S ... Ray Hamilton will look like the best D-Line coach to ever live to the media...lol

Since my position is yet again being distorted, let me clear it up.

JA98 has been disappointing to date in the pass rush but good against the run for a second year DE. I have stated this numerous times. I have no problem with posters being disapponted in him to date. what I have the problem with is those trying to character assassinate him and JUST LOOKING AT SACKS to proclaim he is a certified bust. It is to soon to know if he is a bust.

JA98 was starting to flash pass rush ability PRIOR to his concussion. After the concussion, his play regressed. Last year he was in the backfield more and more, disrupting runnng and passing palys, getting several QB hits and 2 sacks. Once he had he concussion he was rarely in the backfield but still played the run ok.

First 6.5 games (before concussion in first half of Eagls game)

17 solo tackles

2 sacks

2 passes defensed

Several QB hits/hurries (Smitty said he had 5 QB hits just against TB)

Remaining 9 games (after concussion)

7 solo tackles

0 sacks'

1 pass defensed

He was rarely in backfield

some may want to cast this compelling information aside for agenda reasons.....that's to be expected, but those with open minds cannot deny this concussion may have really effected his play. Any analysis done on last season that ignores his compelling data is incomplete.

Anderso was playeing extremely well in the Philly game and even sacked McNabb, just before the concussion. The MOMENT Andrson went down, Phillys offense started dominating our defense. We all saw it happen, unfortunately some here will never admit it. JA98 was starting to come on, and it was pretty clear to me. It sucks he got the concussion, but he should be fine now.

Thank you

I never bashed Jamaal Anderson..... I think Jamaal Anderson is a good run defending DE..Thats inportant for a team also... But gazoo u cant get mad if some fans are not high on the guy..... You even have to admit that Jamaal Anderson has not produce like most expected (for a top 10 DE) .... I can understand their point of view (even if i dont 100% agree) .....

you and I have the same exact position on JA98

I never considered you a hater. Haters are extremists that ignore and downplay important facts that don;t support their predetremined, rigid position that the payer is a bust . Any evidence to the contrary will be automatically rejected by them. You clearly see the good and bad, just as I do. You also haven;t labeled him a bust and are waiting for this season, just like I am.

Michael Koenan interview

Gazoo will love this..... Babs sais that Jamaal Anderon has been working hard this offseason, is in the bext shape he's ever seen Jamaal Anderson in, and should have some tricks up his sleeve.......

God i hope he is right... I'm sure Thomas Dimitroff will still draft a DE (hopefully Michael Johnson) because we cant just blindly count on Jamaal... If we can get some QB hurrys and atleast 5 sacks out of Jamaal Anderson, Chauncey Davis continue his play, Michael Johnson give us that instant pass rush while he grow into a complete DE, Kroy Biermann give us what he can not only would Abe have help and should be fresh but we will also have a very talented and deep D-Line (Giant style)..... Chauncey Davis and Jamaal Anderson has shown us that they can kick in in to play DT in certain situations.

hopefully he turns up.

you and I have the same exact position on JA98

I never considered you a hater. Haters are extremists that ignore and downplay important facts that don;t support their predetremined, rigid position that the payer is a bust . Any evidence to the contrary will be automatically rejected by them. You clearly see the good and bad, just as I do. You also haven;t labeled him a bust and are waiting for this season, just like I am.

Here's a FACT for you:

In two nearly full regular seasons, despite starting 31 games, he has amassed a total of 2 sacks.

I hope he turns his play up, but I've got to say I'm highly pessimistic.

Michael Koenan interview

I agree i really hope that he works on his pass rusher, He is a good run-stopping DE, but that is not what we drafted him for. I hope that we still draft Micheal Johnson and also JA98 turns into the player that we hoped he would be. If he does, then we have will have two everydown DE in Micheal Johnson (of course when Abe calls it quits), and JA98. :D

Here's a FACT for you:

In two nearly full regular seasons, despite starting 31 games, he has amassed a total of 2 sacks.

I hope he turns his play up, but I've got to say I'm highly pessimistic.

Clear thinking, informed fans, I present you Exhibit "A" above.

I rest my case (until exhibit "B" presents itself here) :lol:

Players on the same team aren't going to say negative things about each other, in most cases. If they ask Babs he will keep it positive. He's not going to say "He isn't preparing well enough" or anything along those lines. I take what he says about JA with a grain of salt.

Kerney was said to be lazy and lacking explosion in his first two seasons as well. Fans were screaming obscenties a Kerney in his second year while I was at home games, calling him a bust. It was horrible listening to becuase I knew Kerney was trying but struggling to find hs game.

Man were the fans wrong about Kerney. Hopefully JA98 steps up this year. My position has always been I will wait until I see JA98 play in year 3 before rawing any conclusions on his future as a player.

what would really be amazing is if we draft a DE early, and Anderson actually turns it on this year.

A rotation of:

Abraham

Anderson

draft pick

Davis

Biermann

That is a perfect pass rush right there for a Cover 2

what would really be amazing is if we draft a DE early, and Anderson actually turns it on this year.

A rotation of:

Abraham

Anderson

draft pick

Davis

Biermann

That is a perfect pass rush right there for a Cover 2

And TD said he loves JA98s versatility (being able to play BOTH DE and DT) and that it helps the Falcons immensely as far as being able to build te defense through the draft depending on what players are available at certain picks. For instance, if they do have a DE at the top of the draft board available at a given pick, they can still move JA98 inside on passing downs and have more pass rushers on the field at the same time.

It's all good stuff! Put Beirmann in at OLB :lol: