Your Top 5 Actors

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Denzel Washington

2.Robert Downey Jr

3.Brad Pitt

4.Vinnie Jones (the man is hilarious and is one of the best supporting actors I have ever seen)

5.Jason Statham (He has horrible movies like crank but also great movies like Snatch, Transporter, and Lock Stock, Chaos, and revolver)

I can't pick five just like that, if you ask me tomorrow this will probably change, but I'm going off recent form. I rank Al Pacino, Benicio Del Toro, De Niro, Harrison Ford, Dustin Hoffman, George Clooney, Matt Damon right up there.

Guest Gritz

Current actors:

1.) Tom Hanks

2.) Morgan Freeman

3.) Ed Norton

4.) Anthony Hopkins

5.) Robert DeNiro

All time:

1.) Spencer Tracy

2.) Laurence Olivier

3.) Marlon Brando

4.) Robert DeNiro

5.) Paul Newman

This is one of those things that can change at a moment's notice, or depending on which movie I've just seen...

1. Clint Eastwood--2 words...Dirty Harry. 2 more words...Josey Wales. 2 more words...Philo Beddoe. Yep, 2 more words...William Munny. I could go on and on and on and on some more...but y'all get the point...the characters that he's portrayed throughout his career have become nearly as iconic as him. An entire thread could be devoted to his great movies, and even his great movie mis-steps, though there aren't many...and considering that his career spans nearly 6 decades, that's saying something. He's also the only actor guaranteed to get my old man to give up a day on the golf course, just to go to the theater and see.

2. Ryan Reynolds--comedy, action, romance, drama, even mindbendingly strange movies and still, he's not found a genre that he can't be credible in...

3. Morgan Freeman--Classic, Classy, Charismatic, and Cool. Sam Jackson may be able to shine the spotlight all over his F-bomb tirades, but Morgan's just blend in with the scene, as they're supposed to do...and when you've watched a particular movie 10 or more times, then maybe, you'll pick up on the fact that he dropped the f-bombs, and suddenly, those scenes are brand new, and even greater than before...

4. Harrison Ford--the man has been **** near everything from a space pirate, to a doctor on the run for the law, to one of the greatest archaelogical adventurers in the fictional world, and everything else in between. He's been sooo good in his career, that I'll probably forgive him for the last Indiana Jones movie.

5. Russell Crowe--someone who's not bound by the greatness or mediocrity of the script. He's capable of giving a great performance no matter what. The movie itself might be less than great, but his performance won't be...

;)

1. Johnny Depp -- Dude could win an Oscar for playing a coffee table. He's the Marlon Brando of the current generation.

2. Christian Bale -- I have never seen him in a bad movie. He's an incredibly dedicated and intense actor.

3. Denzel Washington -- Kind of like Bale, he doesn't do bad movies.

4. Jack Nicholson -- He can rock a set of indoor shades like no one else, and he can play anything you asked him to.

5. Russel Crowe -- Liked him in everything he's been in.

1. Johnny Depp -- Dude could win an Oscar for playing a coffee table. He's the Marlon Brando of the current generation.

2. Christian Bale -- I have never seen him in a bad movie. He's an incredibly dedicated and intense actor.

3. Denzel Washington -- Kind of like Bale, he doesn't do bad movies.

4. Jack Nicholson -- He can rock a set of indoor shades like no one else, and he can play anything you asked him to.

5. Russel Crowe -- Liked him in everything he's been in.

Replace Jack with Deniro and this is my list.

Denzel Washington- Almost everyone has him listed i'm not just running with the crowd hes always great no matter what he plays in.

Will Smith- I might get flamed for this, hes been in some bad movies but I always enjoy watching him.

Tom Hanks- I dont think I need to explain this choice.

Paul Rudd- Kinda new to the scene but I love his dry humor.

Leonardo DiCaprio- GREAT in all of his movies, especially Gangs of New York, and Catch me if you can.

Tough...but I'm going

1) Denzel Washington

2) Johnny Depp

3) Ed Norton

4) Jeffrey Wright (underrated)

5) Robert Downey Jr.

5a) Leonardo DiCaprio

Honorable Mention: Brad Pitt, Ed Harris, Will Smith, Robert DeNiro, Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, Jason Robards (R.I.P.), Tom Hanks, Don Cheadle

Tough...but I'm going

1) Denzel Washington

2) Johnny Depp

3) Ed Norton

4) Jeffrey Wright (underrated)

5) Robert Downey Jr.

5a) Leonardo DiCaprio

Honorable Mention: Brad Pitt, Ed Harris, Will Smith, Robert DeNiro, Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, Jason Robards (R.I.P.), Tom Hanks

Ed Harris is great, hes forgotten alot as a great actor because he doesn't have many lead roles in movies. I loved him on the Rock he makes a perfect solider type.