Great move by Mark Fox adding Pearson to new UGA basketball staff!

SacFalcFan

Pearson is a good guy and I am glad he got another good job, but no way Grant keeps the guy who was the interim head coach on staff, especially a ten year Gottfried assistant like Pearson. There was practically a revolt to get Gottfried out of town and Pearson had spent his entire career under Gottfried. I like Phillip and actually used to go to church with him, but I am glad Grant is bringing in new blood. I think the only former assistant Grant will retain is Antoine Pettway, who is very young and was only an assistant for one year.

Per scout Evan Daniels of Scout.com.

He mentions DeAndre Kane a 3-star Wing out of Pittsburgh and Billy Edwards a 6'6 200lb Wing from Middletown, OH who averaged 17ppg. He has offers from UMass, Dayton and Miami of Ohio. He was All-State first team in Ohio.

Evan also mentioned Fox may be in the market for a point guard as well, although Scout.com has Kane listed as a PG on his profile.

some recruits we may bring in.

FYI the pearson hire is huge.. Our next hire will be a coach who is involved with AAU IMO.

A few notes Pearson is a GREAT recruiter. That is how he is viewed and as someone else said no way would he be retained by Anthony Grant which works out for Mark Fox. Mark Fox gets it by doing this hire. I am stunned, it was such a great move. Yes I am stunned when stuff like this is done with our basketball team.. LOLOL

A nice write up on Pearson:

Pearson

AAU article

AAU is what a lot of very good players take part in and if you have someone that coaches in it or interacts with those recruits then you have someone on your staff who may develop a connection with some really good players and that could lead to those players coming to your school

Ok, that tells me WHAT it is... what is the significance? Is this like an organization that a lot of young talent in the ATL area comes through, or something?

guys like calhoun (in fact there have been rule changes due to how calhoun recruits aau kids) and calipari are huge aau coaches. it's an integral part of how they do business. that is one reason they get the talent they get. you have the best of the best who in the aau circuits and it can be very shady (aau coaches being hired to work at a school due to a recruit they are representing) so there are good and bad parts about it.. that's one reason why kentucky wouldn't touch calipari a few years ago.. he is known to many as being a dirty guy in how he gets his players.. however kentucky wants to win now so that isn't as impt as it was in the past. aau is necessary if you are going to succeed.

what a huge pickup.. maybe you guys will have 7 wins instead of 6 next year

yeah it's pretty pathetic we actually have the last basketball tourney championship between gt and uga and we have the same number of wins last year. you really have no room to talk smack. maybe with favors you guys will get 13 wins and have a winning record for a change.. but then one year later after he bolts it's back to crapville, :lol: :lol: (just returning it) you sound like a fan who would use a 3 point win and proclaim the reign is over when the other teams own the series and the last 8 years.. oh wait that was..