Robert Ayers

I like Ayers and he was dominant against UGA, bu his production bothers me a lot. 9 total sacks is not very good. I know he has the TFL and other stats, but for a first round pick you expect more. He almost reminds me of a better Chauncey Davis. Good player, can dominate but not elite.

I like Ayers and he was dominant against UGA, bu his production bothers me a lot. 9 total sacks is not very good. I know he has the TFL and other stats, but for a first round pick you expect more. He almost reminds me of a better Chauncey Davis. Good player, can dominate but not elite.

I can't hang my hat on the GA game. GA O-line was devastated by injuries. Ayers was going against far younger, weaker, inexperienced players. Heck I'd have to check, but he might have been playing against a G that got moved over to LT.

No he said Defensive Player in this draft........ I cant lie... I'm really really really SHOCK

I guess he is just a hard guy for people to really like considering his measurables are not very attractive at all. I think his 40 yd time was the only good exercise that he did. I know his bench press was very poor and so was his vertical and his sacks aren't good either, but whenever i saw him on tape i was like geez this guy must have led the SEC in sacks and someone told me on here that he only had 4. I was like you have got to be kidding me.

He's not a highlight reel player, but rather a guy who improves the overall play of his team. Ayers was the front end anchor of the #3 defense in the country. Nobody noticed because the back end anchor was Eric Berry. Guys watching the film appreciate his overall impact, though.