Roto: "They Never Learn: Bengals Sign Tank Johnson"

sporkdevil

I couldn't help but laugh at the title. I was hoping we would look at Johnson, because he really was a great 4-3 DT, but oh well.

"They never learn: Bengals sign Tank Johnson

ESPN reports that the Bengals have signed DT Tank Johnson, formerly of the Cowboys.

Johnson is only 27 and fits Cincy's 4-3 better than he did Dallas' 3-4, but it's a disturbing addition for a team that already had a laundry list of bad apples. Johnson missed half of the '07 season for violating the NFL's conduct policy and has been arrested several times as a pro. The Bengals hope he'll avoid trouble and help in a rotation with Pat Sims and Domata Peko. Apr. 7 - 4:32 pm et"

I have no problem with this.

Tank has clean up his act alot since leaving Chicago, even helped look for those football players lost at sea.

He was cut by the Cowboys more because he sucked at 3-4 NT than because he was a "locker room cancer".

2nd that. Also, it might be one less team to worry about drafting a DT.

A veteran team can keep one "locker room cancer" in check, but Cincy; the inmates have taken over the asylum.

That's just the thing though.

He wasn't even a locker room problem in Chicago. His teammates and coaches liked him.

He just REALLY REALLY liked guns.

He decided to keep that on the low while he was in Dallas, and they thought so much of him they put his locker next to Adam Jones' because they thought he could influence him to turn his life around as well.

Of course, he didn't do so hot at the job they were paying him for, so he had to go on the market again.

We might see one of the NFL's greatest ironies when he ends up being the guy to try to keep the "inmates" in check in Cincy.

That's just the thing though.

He wasn't even a locker room problem in Chicago. His teammates and coaches liked him.

He just REALLY REALLY liked guns.

He decided to keep that on the low while he was in Dallas, and they thought so much of him they put his locker next to Adam Jones' because they thought he could influence him to turn his life around as well.

Of course, he didn't do so hot at the job they were paying him for, so he had to go on the market again.

We might see one of the NFL's greatest ironies when he ends up being the guy to try to keep the "inmates" in check in Cincy.

Maybe you're right & he has turned his life around good for him if that's true, although I wouldn't want him on our team. Keeping Chad Johnson in check, good luck... they'd need to hire Kofi Annan to keep that ego under wraps.

If New England are known to always target smart team players, the Bengals must love dumb me guys. I doubt the cure for cancer will be coming out of Paul Brown Stadium any time soon.

Lemmings on this board listen up. You do realize that not ONE player on the Bengals got in trouble with the law last year? Do you realize that BOTH OF BENSON"s DUI arrests were dismissed and the judge went as far as saying that the police officers involved should be reprimanded?

But it turns out he didn't do it, or at least there wasn't sufficient evidence to go to trial. According to reports Thursday, two Travis County grand juries found no probable cause to indict Benson on either count. This is a complete vindication for the maligned Benson, who picked the worse possible time to get arrested.

Last summer was the season of example-making in the NFL and Benson fit the profile. The fourth overall draft pick in 2005 had been injured, had run afoul of the law and seemed to carry that cocky-streak of spoiled, individuality that pro-football teams abhor.

But despite all that Cedric Benson is innocent.

I also wanted Pat Sims to be a Falcon and their DT rotation of Sims, Johnson and Peko is pretty good. The Bengals actually had the 12 ranked defense in the NFL last year

Guest WoodyPaige

It's too bad the Bengals have Palmer. They seem like the only team that would take Vick.

Why don't they change their orange stripes to white while they're at it.

Lemmings on this board listen up. You do realize that not ONE player on the Bengals got in trouble with the law last year? Do you realize that BOTH OF BENSON"s DUI arrests were dismissed and the judge went as far as saying that the police officers involved should be reprimanded?

But it turns out he didn't do it, or at least there wasn't sufficient evidence to go to trial. According to reports Thursday, two Travis County grand juries found no probable cause to indict Benson on either count. This is a complete vindication for the maligned Benson, who picked the worse possible time to get arrested.

Last summer was the season of example-making in the NFL and Benson fit the profile. The fourth overall draft pick in 2005 had been injured, had run afoul of the law and seemed to carry that cocky-streak of spoiled, individuality that pro-football teams abhor.

But despite all that Cedric Benson is innocent.

I also wanted Pat Sims to be a Falcon and their DT rotation of Sims, Johnson and Peko is pretty good. The Bengals actually had the 12 ranked defense in the NFL last year

Just because they didn't have one incident last year, it doesn't mean that they've all become saints. Are you telling me you'd have Chris Henry as a Falcon?

Or Chad "it's the me show" Ocho Cinco, please.