Our 1st round pick

Alot of people want a LB or a DE. Cushing, Lauranitis, Matthews, English, M. Johnson I'd say get Larry English, because he can play the DE and LB spot, if Jamaal Anderson shows up next season and play great, start English as a LB, and if Anderson is the bust that he is, start English at DE. To me it makes sense for us to draft Larry English because he is a dual player that can play more than 1 postition. Agree?

Guest Gritz

I've read some scouting reports that say English is a liability in coverage as a OLB.....so maybe the options he presents are more limited than advertised.

I've read some scouting reports that say English is a liability in coverage as a OLB.....so maybe the options he presents are more limited than advertised.

senior bowl practise notes had him horrible in coverage - hes definately an undersized DE at this stage - huge upside still but only as a DE

senior bowl practise notes had him horrible in coverage - hes definately an undersized DE at this stage - huge upside still but only as a DE

I agree. He won't be an OLB in a 4-3 anyway. If he plays LB it would be a rushing type LB in the 3-4 scheme. More of a rusher. I too think he is a DE. I really want Matthews. I'm getting sold on him big time. I wouldn't mind Jerry or Hood either. Or Cushing for that matter. MY number one is Matthews though. I'm starting to love the guy plus being a great NFL player runs in his family.

YOu can look at Micheal johnson the same way. He can come in on passing downs, he can also play some OLB in 3-4 sets, and if JA98 turns to be better than i expect as a pass rusher then MJ can replace ABe on the Right side eventually or he can replace JA98 as a LDE if my expectations hold true. :D

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd

Alot of people want a LB or a DE. Cushing, Lauranitis, Matthews, English, M. Johnson I'd say get Larry English, because he can play the DE and LB spot, if Jamaal Anderson shows up next season and play great, start English as a LB, and if Anderson is the bust that he is, start English at DE. To me it makes sense for us to draft Larry English because he is a dual player that can play more than 1 postition. Agree?

Hybrid players are more suited to a 3-4 scheme. You could end up getting a player who's jack of all trades & master of none.