How long has it been

Lou Dog

ANybody know? We have a good shot at it this year. The Hawks have already clinched a winning record and a playoff birth. The Braves seem to have put a good team together and the Falcons look to be a force for years to come. It is a good time to be an Atlanta fan

ANybody know? We have a good shot at it this year. The Hawks have already clinched a winning record and a playoff birth. The Braves seem to have put a good team together and the Falcons look to be a force for years to come. It is a good time to be an Atlanta fan

So we're just going to ignore the Thrashers? :huh: (It's really too bad Calgary already has a team..)

i was thinking about this yesterday.....all of our teams look promising for the first time in a long time.I usually can count on the Braves to be in the playoffs every year,except last season.Falcons used to be hit and miss,and the Hawks literally sucked for a looooooong time.Glad to see thats over

From a thread I started last year on TATF:

I did a little research and we havent had a year like this since 1998. The only other year that's even close is 1991 when Tech split the NCAA Championship in January then the Braves went worst to first, while Deion was taking helicopters to play with the Too Legit Falcons, who went to the second round of the playoffs after smoking the Aints in the Stuperdome. Falcons were decent in 1980 and the Dawgs won a Championship but the Hawks and Braves blew.

Sports seasons like this only happen every 7-10 years in Georgia. Check out the comparison between 2008 and 1998. Very similar:

Falcons - New coach. New attitude. Ryan, Turner, White and Abraham are having fun implementing Smith's system. If we win the two division games coming up it could set up a showdown with the Bucs that could propel us to the top like the SF game did in 1998

Hawks - it took four years but they have finally learned how to play the defense Woodson brought here from DET. The bench is much better with Flip, Mo and a rejuvenated Za Za. Childress who?

Jackets - a nice first year for Paul Johnson. He will probably raise the level of that program. I expect them to close out strong and maybe even beat Georgia

Dawgs - a big disappointment, but still ranked 13th. If they run the table they should have a top 10 final ranking.

Falcons - what can I say. The best season in franchise history. We rode Jam and the best run defense in franchise history to a Bowl. We did all the things you're supposed to do to win. Run. Stop run. Play good special teams. Win the turnover battle and do the Dirty Bird.

Hawks - the end of the Lenny Wilkens, Steve Smith, Deke and Mookie era. We finished second in the division and lost to CHAR in the first round. One helluva defensive team with an inept offense.

Jackets - Joe Hamilton led us to a 10-2 record and a #9 BCS ranking. We beat Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl.

Dawgs - Jim Donnan's Dogs went 9-3 that year with Quincy Carter and beat Virginia in the Peach Bowl. We finished with a #14 BCS ranking. Champ Bailey was also on that team

Atlanta Braves - Bobby Cox's Bravos won 106 games that year but got handled by SD in the NLCS. Chipper and Galaraga had the bats but the starting line up was sick. Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, Neagle and Millwood. Ouch.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3812158