Earl Clark declares for draft and hires agent

Unknøwn

Louisville forward Earl Clark will sign with an agent and enter the NBA Draft.

According to sources close to the situation, the talented 6-foot-9 junior is expected to sign with Dan Fagan and forgo his final season with the Cardinals.

The decision is far from a surprise as Louisville coach Rick Pitino had Clark go through Senior Day ceremonies in his final home game knowing that Clark would not return for his senior campaign.

Clark averaged 14.2 points and 8.7 rebounds per game.

Gamecocks' Downey enters draft without agent

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - South Carolina junior Devan Downey is making himself eligible for the NBA draft without hiring an agent, meaning he can withdraw his name by June 15 and still return to school.

The 5-foot-9 guard announced his decision Tuesday.

"I feel at this point in my career it is important for me to test the draft waters to see what the next logical step in my basketball career is," Downey said in a statement.

The all-Southeastern Conference guard doesn't even show up on a number of mock drafts, but it wouldn't be the first time Downey has been underestimated. He has excelled at every level despite often being the smallest man on the court.

Downey averaged 19.8 points and 4.5 assists a game, ranking third in the SEC in both categories. He led the league with 2.9 steals a game.

"We support Devan's decision to enter his name in the draft and evaluate himself against other potential draftees at workouts," South Carolina head coach Darrin Horn said. "We will continue to work to gather accurate information in an effort to help Devan make the best decision for himself when the time comes."

The Gamecocks went 21-10 last season, tying Tennessee at the top of the SEC East, and just missing a trip to the NCAA tournament in Horn's first season.

The Gamecocks will be hard pressed to repeat that success if Downey leaves. They already have to replace senior Zam Fredrick's 32 minutes and 15.5 points a game.