Dear Jesus.. why did we trade Salty?

xFalconLord

Im sorry to go here, but this was my guy. Why did we get rid of him? Salty could be at 1st base right now switch hitting and batting right in the middle of the order. The guy is a monster, and we traded him away. He could have hit 3rd when Chipper retires.. He should be hitting 5th right now and Garett Anderson could be a terror at the bottom of the lineup with Kelly..

but nooooo

Now when chipper doesnt play, or when he retires.. We have no 3rd hitter.

Yeah, can't believe we traded a career .263 hitter with 15 career HRs. He's a beast alright! Guy strikes out 3x more than he walks.

I never understood the hype surrounding him and still don't.

He was a switch hitting catcher who everyone thinks is going to have tremendous up-side. I think he will be an OK player but, he cannot compete with McCann and the future at first base is set. We don't need him, thats why he was traded.

Mac is a great baseball player who can hit #3 or #4 with the best, but he is a catcher, as such he won't play 162 games.

In a perfect scenario, he would be the league's best #5 hitter behind Chipper & a clean-up hitter. When he isn't in the line-up, he will be missed, but we need a guy who can consistently hit in the clean-up spot.

FWIW, Jason Heyward is our future #3 hitter.

He is only the perfect #3 if we have someone else to hit clean-up and right now, McCann is the clean up man.

I was talking about when Chipper leaves. Right now Chipper is that man so yes, Mac is cleanup. If Chipper wasnt here he would be #3 with either Anderson or Frenchy batting 4th.

I was talking about when Chipper leaves. Right now Chipper is that man so yes, Mac is cleanup. If Chipper wasnt here he would be #3 with either Anderson or Frenchy batting 4th.

I see. Chipper said during spring training that eventually Frenchy would be hitting clean-up for the Braves this season.

:lol: Take what Salty is doing with a grain of salt. Not only was it his first game of the season, but he got his hits off a guy, aside from one great year, has sucked for his career, and a young guy who was pitching mostly due to a blowout. The guy is nowhere near as good defensively as people have claimed, he had a worse CS% than McCann for christ's sake. I really don't understand what all the love for him is. He loses any value that he has by moving to 1B.

Our future is really bright....I can't wait for Heyward to start playing LF for us full time....I think it can happen in 2010...I am thinking Garret Anderson might be Heyward's stopgap....

You'd be right.

Disagree.

I think Jason will be the cleanup hitter, w/Freeman in the 5-hole. And Mac hitting 3rd.

Heyward is better known for his remarkable patience at the plate and unreal eye for the strike zone than he is for his power. Scouts have projected him to be a .325/25 HR guy. That is the definition of a #3 hitter. Not to say that McCann couldn't, but Heyward is destined for #3.