Does the Trade of Robinson Open the Door to Draft or Acquire an FA WR?

I don't think they will pass if the right guy is there But

White Douglas

Jenkins Finneran

looks good

And they have hung on to Weems a while and keep bringing C Williams back

so maybe they believe these two can fulfill the role they had for Robinson

Some keep saying this means the addition of a receiving TE maybe so and good

But I've wondered why not use Finn as the receiving TE, the routes he is good at are very similar to routes ran by TEs and he is very sure handed.

I loved Laurent and the possibilities but we are still set at receiver for a long time. I think because of Finn's age we might look to draft one next year but we are more than OK for right now. I think that TD has his eye on a couple of guys early in rounds 5 and 6 or he is looking to trade up in a round to get a guy he really wants. This was not done for nothing. TD has a reason. Nothing happens without a lot of thought behind it.

Some of you guys don't understand the concept of back-up do you?

They may not but TD and Coach Smith do and if their brief history has shown us anything they know how to not only pick up depth at a position but they also know how to rotate that depth into games to keep starters fresh.

Some of you guys don't understand the concept of back-up do you?

Probably not, but what we do see is the instant Creation of

Open and aggressive competition for the 5th spot.

How ever wins it will be one hungry dog of a player.

I will take a player like that over 5 Robinsons any day.

One way or the other, he will be replaced and I don't think we'd go with Weems or Williams. I'm thinking a late round WR. B)

There are a few interesting mid/late round draft picks that he could be replaced with. I doubt it's a move to make room for a FA. You don't really make these kind of moves to upgrade your 4th receiver in FA.

Yeah...I didn't look at it like that....sooo you'd say scratch the FA scenerio?

I would. We might sign someone, but I doubt this trade was about clearing space for any WR. If we sign a WR it will be for an amount low enough to have easily fit under the cap with LR still here. And obviously I meant to say that there are interesting mid/late draft picks at WR, not FA's.