What is the matter with you people? The Robinson trade was FANTASTIC!

Rev_Hal

You folks on this board crack me up. The Robinson trade is a great move. Here is a guy that was definately on the outs with the coachign staff, and has shown NOTHING to say he was going to be a multi-Pro Bowler. NOTHING!!! NADA!!!!

Where are you people getting the idea that Robinson was some Superstar? He was our #5 receiver at best.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You folks on this board crack me up. The Robinson trade is a great move. Here is a guy that was definately on the outs with the coachign staff, and has shown NOTHING to say he was going to be a multi-Pro Bowler. NOTHING!!! NADA!!!!

Where are you people getting the idea that Robinson was some Superstar? He was our #5 receiver at best.

I couldn't agree with you more Rev.

Some people just don't see the bigger picture. And thats okay.

I just thank the good Lord above that TD does....

How's it going, Rev? Long time!...

I was a little disappointed that we didnt get a guy in the deal, perhaps either a LB or OL that's "iffy". Also, this puts Finn

in another light this coming season. I'd thought last year was probably Finn's last hoorah; not certain now.

I do think there's more to this story than we'll ever know. I'm thinking Laurent consistently underwhelmed, or wanted

out. Perhaps he was overly influenced by Joe Horn...

I thought the kid had very good hands, when his head was in the game. Shame to lose him, but I'm not freaking

out like some.

Hope you're doing well!

-The Dawg

the fact that he won the starting job his rookie year; wiped out in one post

He could not stay healthy. In the 6 games he played in last year, he had 5 catches. WOW!!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! :rolleyes:

Robinson was most likely not going to make the team this year. So you want him to stay because he could beat out Joe Horn for a job?

BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

How's it going, Rev? Long time!...

I was a little disappointed that we didnt get a guy in the deal, perhaps either a LB or OL that's "iffy". Also, this puts Finn

in another light this coming season. I'd thought last year was probably Finn's last hoorah; not certain now.

I do think there's more to this story than we'll ever know. I'm thinking Laurent consistently underwhelmed, or wanted

out. Perhaps he was overly influenced by Joe Horn...

I thought the kid had very good hands, when his head was in the game. Shame to lose him, but I'm not freaking

out like some.

Hope you're doing well!

-The Dawg

Bottom line -we traded our #5 receiver to significantly improve our Day 2 picks. I'll make that trade every single year!

The majority of the people on this board don't recall that Robinson was not fitting into the process.There were rumblings that he was complaining and refused to play hurt.Therefore another cancer was removed from the team.Obviously a lot of the fans aren't listening to TD and Smitty.There is no "I" in TEAM!!

Hopefully this trade will allow TD to maybe move up in the 3rd or 4th and grab a good player.

Rev I agree with you Robinson shined in one year and beat out a guy that doesn`t play football now.

Bottomline we loose a #5 receiver and move up,who`s to say we won`t use one of those picks on

a sleeper WR in this years draft..........Great Post Rev.

I thought it was a great move myself. With Roddy, Jenkins, Douglas, and Finneran I think we're fine.

He could not stay healthy. In the 6 games he played in last year, he had 5 catches. WOW!!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! :rolleyes:

Robinson was most likely not going to make the team this year. So you want him to stay because he could beat out Joe Horn for a job?

John Abraham has a hard time staying healthy too. Maybe we can trade him and move up 15 spaces in the 4th round. :lol:

I'm not a fan of this trade but I'm not getting bent out of shape over it.

So now we're going on the fact that Petrino put him in as a starter? Bobby Petrino? The guy who tried to single-handedly destroy our franchise? The guy who cut Grady mid-season for no apparent reason? The guy who left us after a very publicized Monday Night game for a college program? The guy who lied, cheated, and stole his way through his brief tenure in Atlanta? He puts LR in as a starter, and we're supposed to trust Petrino on that move and say LR EARNED it?

Fantastic logic.

Yeah that's the way I see it too. For a player who logged twice as many DNP's as catches last season and who is likely to be cut before the start of the season, TD did good to get something back for him...

The people on here who are so upset are clearly the ones who do not know much about football. We got something for a guy who has potential. Yeah he won it his rookie year. Big deal. What happened last year? He got benched in favor of Jenkins (mainly cause he was hurt). Whenever he got healthy he still never beat him out. Then we resign Jenkins.

We move up 42 spots in the draft. It may not seem much to some people, but that move up in spots could go a long way when it comes to a trade. Instead of having a late 5th almost 6th we have an early 5th almost 4th. People who get caught up in "measurables" do not see the bigger picture.

Now our offense is the exact same group as last year. That is very important to have the same group of guys with a rookie QB. I think that TD knows that and wasn't about to try to mess with that. I think this trade opens up the door for alot of different scenarios. Check my thread Laurent Robinson Draft Impact in Draft and Free Agency.

So now we're going on the fact that Petrino put him in as a starter? Bobby Petrino? The guy who tried to single-handedly destroy our franchise? The guy who cut Grady mid-season for no apparent reason? The guy who left us after a very publicized Monday Night game for a college program? The guy who lied, cheated, and stole his way through his brief tenure in Atlanta? He puts LR in as a starter, and we're supposed to trust Petrino on that move and say LR EARNED it?

Fantastic logic.

the same guy who made Roddy better.....

yea he did, read roddy's stores

you guys are ignorant if you think that petrino did absolutely nothing right

the same guy who made Roddy better.....

yea he did, read roddy's stores

you guys are ignorant if you think that petrino did absolutely nothing right

Please fill me in on how bad our receivers were last year?

Roddy got better because he stopped partying to save his NFL career. Jenkins had a great year, and Douglas looked great. I fail to see why LR would be anywhere on the field at this point.

Man, the Steelers let Plaxico Burress walk for free. And that was after he AND Hines put up 1,000 yards season. That move really killed them too. (And by the way, this is not even in the same galaxy as LR being traded by us).

Amen Rev.

What this says to me is that the FO had decided to cut LR anyway, and this way they get something for him. I was hoping he'd get one more training camp to make the team, but, I'll trust the FO on this one.