Blair declares for NBA draft

Unknøwn

DETROIT -- Pittsburgh forward DeJuan Blair will enter the NBA Draft, an industry source told CBSSports.com on Monday.

DraftExpress.com reported that a news conference to announce a decision could come as early as Tuesday, but a source told CBSSports.com that probably won't happen until next week. Either way, the point is the same. The CBSSports.com Big East Player of the Year will be available to NBA teams after just two seasons of college, the latest of which resulted in averages of 15.7 points and 12.3 rebounds, and a trip to the Elite Eight of the NCAA tournament.

Blair will not immediately hire an agent, the source said. But a separate source said the understanding is that the Pittsburgh native will remain in the draft barring an unexpected development, meaning the Panthers should play next season without their top three scorers considering Sam Young and Levance Fields have exhausted their college eligibility.

i feel like he could be kind of like craig smith on the timberwolves, he was from maryland i believe. hes 6'7" and really powerful, but i think he might have better post moves. so blair has some work to do obviously. but smith is a really dependable role player for the wolves.

-Mr. Offseason