TD

Guest .WP

Guest WoodyPaige

Before anyone mentions it...Yes, this is somewhat inspired by the Robinson trade. Personally, I don't like the trade at all but at the same time, I'm going to sit back, shut up and see what our GM makes out of it. Only if it fails will I criticize his decision - I'm not one to jump the gun. For that, however, we must wait at least 2 years.

That being said, can we stop giving him our absolute confidence? Seriously. Some of you act like he can trade Roddy White for Adam Jennings and you'd be ok with it "because it's part of his plan", or my personal favorite "he knows what he's doing". Granted, I am no NFL GM, but as fans, everyone should have the right to question a decision made by the Front Office.

Sadly, like many of the phenomena we see on this board, this is just a sour after-effect of the McKay era. We had a mediocre GM for a couple of years, we get a new guy from the Patriots and everyone goes crazy. I understand he was GM during a miraculous year, but please keep in mind that Baker and Brown were also very injury-prone this year (that's in response to some people saying he's getting rid of all the injury-prone players of the McKay era).

Let me make myself clear by saying that I think he's a great GM. I'm just not ready to treat him like the draft god many of you make him out to be AFTER ONE YEAR.. Who knows how his draft classes will turn out...

Even if he is not a "draft genius", his one draft is better than any draft in the history of the Falcons. For me, he has earned my unwavering trust until he proves me otherwise. I learned last year that he obviously knows more than ANYONE on these boards, because there is not a single person on here who could've put together a better roster than he did with what he had to work with.

Who cares about Laurant? They obviously had issues with him. For all we know he was bad mouthing the coaches, not coming to practice, not doing his rehab or any other number of reasons that we aren't privy to.

Guest WoodyPaige
Even if he is not a "draft genius", his one draft is better than any draft in the history of the Falcons. For me, he has earned my unwavering trust until he proves me otherwise. I learned last year that he obviously knows more than ANYONE on these boards, because there is not a single person on here who could've put together a better roster than he did with what he had to work with.

Who cares about Laurant? They obviously had issues with him. For all we know he was bad mouthing the coaches, not coming to practice, not doing his rehab or any other number of reasons that we aren't privy to.

I agree with this, but some people just take it to another level.

how can u have a problem with anything hes done?

he hasnt done anything wrong as of yet. i mean do u think hes going to trade a player unless there was a reason. He knows alot more than we do. We only know whats being put out in the media.

Im not saying hes perfect, but how can you complain when hes been near flawless so far. Do u remember we were suppose to win like 1 game last year. Now we have young franchise QB, RB and LB.

Whatever hes wants to do, we gotta just let him do it and not complain unless theres a reason to. I mean does anyone know why Luarent was traded? No, but obviously he does.

no need to fuss, let him run the show and enjoy the ride. I mean whats complaining about someone that doesnt deserve it going to do??? U think we should protest to Blank that TD should be fired? Or let McKay help TD out? i dont think any of us want that because I think most of us know that we're in better hands than say whoever his replacement would be.

Theirs more to the trade that went down than the fans have privy to , so until the draft shakes out every thing that's said is pure speculation on the part of the posters and we all know that emotions play a role in whats being said about the FO and the staff when it comes to players that are traded and or cut..I think we should check our emotions before we jump to conclusions about whether its good or bad and see what evolves from this or any other trade that might present it self....GO FALCONS-----------------------------

Guest WoodyPaige
"TD, Can we stop declaring him a draft genius?"

WHAT! :o

Heck NO and the whole message Board is gonna Clobber Ya !

MAW go fetch my Hick'ry Stik ! I smell Troll :rolleyes:

Could'nt Resist

Yeah. I got a lil agitated for a bit and directed this thread towards those who take it to the extreme. I'm afraid it might take a sour turn. Hopefully it doesn't and most trolls avoid it.

I've just never been the kind of person that praises a sports figure until some time has passed by.

Before anyone mentions it...Yes, this is somewhat inspired by the Robinson trade. Personally, I don't like the trade at all but at the same time, I'm going to sit back, shut up and see what our GM makes out of it. Only if it fails will I criticize his decision - I'm not one to jump the gun. For that, however, we must wait at least 2 years.

That being said, can we stop giving him our absolute confidence? Seriously. Some of you act like he can trade Roddy White for Adam Jennings and you'd be ok with it "because it's part of his plan", or my personal favorite "he knows what he's doing". Granted, I am no NFL GM, but as fans, everyone should have the right to question a decision made by the Front Office.

Sadly, like many of the phenomena we see on this board, this is just a sour after-effect of the McKay era. We had a mediocre GM for a couple of years, we get a new guy from the Patriots and everyone goes crazy. I understand he was GM during a miraculous year, but please keep in mind that Baker and Brown were also very injury-prone this year (that's in response to some people saying he's getting rid of all the injury-prone players of the McKay era).

Let me make myself clear by saying that I think he's a great GM. I'm just not ready to treat him like the draft god many of you make him out to be AFTER ONE YEAR.. Who knows how his draft classes will turn out...

What Brown are you talking about? Thomas Brown? The dude got injured off a horse-collar tackle, which happens to be illegal. How do you call that "injury-prone"? And Baker suffered through two completely different injuries. I'm just guessing and am going to say that you don't know what injury prone means in the slightest bit.

Guest WoodyPaige
so we traded an injury waiting to happen player, to move up in the draft?

and you think thats bad?

Don't try and stir the pot. I said I don't agree with the trade but I'll reserve my opinion until we see how it turns out.

What I'm trying to say is...It's not about trades being good or bad. What pisses me off is that some people think we didn't need him AT ALL, and other people think he meant the WORLD to us. Tired of extremist type of threads, that's all.

We've never had back to back winning seasons.

If we do next year, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Nah, don't think that's a measuring stick.

Any number of things could happen that would help or hinder our having a winning season.

Who we drafted might have nothing to do with it.

Suppose Ryan got hurt for the season, or some other crucial player.

I guess you could say that a good draft would provide an adequate backup, but not for all positions.

That's why i was wondering what the criteria was for "best draft ever"--how could we decide that?

Guest WoodyPaige
What Brown are you talking about? Thomas Brown? The dude got injured off a horse-collar tackle, which happens to be illegal. How do you call that "injury-prone"? And Baker suffered through two completely different injuries. I'm just guessing and am going to say that you don't know what injury prone means in the slightest bit.

Sorry, what I meant to say is that both were injured for long periods of time. Sam Baker seems injury-prone, though (only reason why he opted not to come out in 07).

TD Invented Time man.

But on another note, I had hoped last week that we could have managed a 4th rounder for him from

Chicago.

But as someone 2 doors down pointed out,

as Value numbers are concerned we get a +18 points from the deal.

So considering that Rob or Finn was to be cut this season, I am

happy with 2 things.

Finns Experience and his Special teams play, and the +18.

While this is not a sensational move, it is decent.

TD stated when he joined that this was a "3 year plan", one draft should not make or break a GM's reputation. However it's about time everyone took a deep breath & trusted the experts to do what they are paid for.

If you heard Mr Blanks' recent interview on AM 790 (The Zone), you would see that he certainly believes that he's got the pieces in place for us to be a consistently successful franchise for years to come. Let's not forget our GM, Coach & QB all won Sporting News annual awards which has never been achieved by a single franchise before.

Some fans on these boards seem to forget where we were as a franchise just over a season ago. We are at the start of a long journey, let's sit back & enjoy the ride!

You sound rational in your posts, and yet you are willing to invent defamatory reasons as to why someone was released in order to make TD sound rational? I say released because, as was said before, we really got nothing in return.

We've had one very pleasantly surprising season and people are lining up to kiss TD's *insert anatomical location here*. I don't have anything against TD, I'm grateful for what has happened so far, but it is WAY too early to declare anyone involved a wise choice, much less a genius.

The guy put together the greatest draft class I have ever seen so I am anxious to see what he can do this season.

After years of being disgusted with the Falcons drafts it was so nice to feel great about one. Makes things so much better.