The Robinson trade

Robinson was the 75th pick in the 2007 draft. That means that his draft value was worth 215 points.

He was traded to the Rams today. If we go back to the trade value chart, we can calculate the points that we gained for trading Robinson. According to my calculations (I encourage confirmation and corroboration), the Falcons gained a total of 18 points.

I have not seen Robinson play, so I can't judge. From the looks of things, Robinson was not seen as a valuable asset.

Robinson was the 75th pick in the 2007 draft. That means that his draft value was worth 215 points.

He was traded to the Rams today. If we go back to the trade value chart, we can calculate the points that we gained for trading Robinson. According to my calculations (I encourage confirmation and corroboration), the Falcons gained a total of 18 points.

I have not seen Robinson play, so I can't judge. From the looks of things, Robinson was not seen as a valuable asset.

Yes we "only" gained 18 points, but you can't compare where he was drafted to his perceived value now. First of all he only has 2 years remaining on his 4 year contract, he has also been injured both years. I guess he was no longer in our plans, hence the trade. Simple as that.

in a points sense we make a win, and the big picture is that he flashed potential, but was in the physio room more than in pads, so was probably a good trade. I liked his potential, and he could make a great WR in this league if he stays healthy, but if the potential doesnt come together, he is the 4th WR in our team, and Finn is a big 3rd down threat, so 5th in some situations...

To move higher in these rounds is massive, really massive, could be the difference between being able to trade up into a 4th round pick to pick up an OLB, or TE we like alot, or it just means that TD goes to work an uncovers a great DT, or DE lower down.

I hated the pick at first read, but now love it.

so your saying the falcons got the better end? well with TD drafting, we are sure to find gems in the early 5th and 6th rd.

I am not making any judgements. I am simply pointing out that Dimitroff did not value Laurent Robinson as much as some members of these boards.

I knew that there would be some negative comments about TD's trade. I just wanted to get the facts on the table. Robinson was not going to be a significant part of our offense. If he was important to the team's future, he would not have been traded for the equivalent of 18 points.

We moved up in rounds five and six. That small improvement may make a huge difference in the caliber of prospects that we will likely draft.

I like the fact that TD is dealing and positioning himself to make better choices. Second day picks are the back bone of any team. Personally, I like the move.

Love that trade ... we got rid of "dead weight" and improved our draft position.

I know some people liked the "potential" that Robinson (might) have, but he was nothing more than a #5 WR on our roster. Douglas solidified his #3 spot with a pretty good showing last season, Jenkins is safe a #2, Finn is a good #4 option for now, since we need a bigger target and there's no discussion who's #1.

Don't want to tell you ... but the calculations are wrong:

We gave: 26.4 (#160) + 14 (#196) + Robinson for 37 (#138) + 22 (#176) ... that means the value of Robinson was 18.6 points, that's about the value of a mid-5t rounder or a loss of 196.4 points (about pick #79)

I guess you forgot to include the 8 comp picks prior to round 5 (4 3rd rounders and 4 4th rounders) and 13 prior to round 6.