Laurent Robinson trade

thempizzle

Laurent Robinson trade  

111 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Laurent Robinson trade?

• Love it - TD IS BRILLIANT!
    • Hate it - I wanted to see him play.

This trade is brilliant IMO!

I was getting tired of seeing all the Laurent Robinson threads talking about how he would be replacing HD and he was the next great thing...

He didn't do anything in all of his time here.

He was impressive in 1 game and couldnt stay on the field.

We just re-signed Jenks and HD was beastmode in his rookie season as our slot reciever.

Finn has been healthy and we have a draft in front of us to get another young guy in the mix.

In the process, we improve TWO of our draft spots! I LOVE IT!

Freed up a roster spot and moved up in the late rounds. Sounds good to me. LR was dead weight and barely played the last two years. People like Robinson are a dime a dozen and we can get a replacement via undrafted free agents after the draft.

im not a laurent nut hugger, but

if he rarely played and still got 42 catches for almost 500 yards...hes worth atleast a whole 5th/4th

The way i look at it moving up to the top of the 5th round is putting us in the key area's where some big players we like might slip. Roy Miller being a key one in my opinion. I wasn't sure if he would make it to us in the late 5th but i think we have a good chance at him now. With that said i now think we have a good chance with Otis Wiley slipping to early 6th rnd pick to or Andrew Gardner OT.

Freed up a roster spot and moved up in the late rounds. Sounds good to me. LR was dead weight and barely played the last two years. People like Robinson are a dime a dozen and we can get a replacement via undrafted free agents after the draft.

um he only missed one game his rookie year. He was injured only one season. Get your facts straight.

I feel like maybe we could have gotten more... But at the end of the day I'm no GM, so I feel this move was made for a reason. T.D didnt say hey we got this great wide receiver that stays healthy and is ALWAYS on the field making big plays for us so lets trade him for peanut.To me the man had his chance and didn't prove what he needed to. this is business, so he got dealt

Anyone who doesn't like this move must have rocks in their skulls.... First of all, you are talking about, AT BEST, our NUMBER FOUR WR..... In exchange, we move up 22 and 20 spots (nearly an entire round), putting us in MUCH better position to make great picks on Day Two, which TD is accustomed to doing....

You guys are just gonna have to chill and trust the guy, ****, if we actually NEEDED a WR in the draft, TD can find the same quality as Laurent in the 7th. We've already seen him draft a guy in the third who beat out Laurent in his rookie season!

For a bench-warming WR (who is most likely still behind Finneran and possibly even WEEMS), we move up a total of 42 spots... Think about that..... That is practically like turning a 5th into a 4th and a 6th into a 5th..... We just went from picking at the bottom of those rounds to the top...

I'd do this trade all day long.

Or in the draft

L Robinson can't stay healthy. I'd rather draft someone who can

More picks = more ammo to move