Alright, I did it last year with the Rays, now I'm going to do it again

The Snellvillain

Last year I called the Rays being a very good team. I didn't expect them to make the World Series, but I did say that would make the playoffs as a wildcard. This year I'm going to do it again, but this time with the Texas Rangers. One of the youngest teams in baseball and doubles and homerun hitters all through the lineup. The only thing that makes me worry about them a little more than I did the Rays is their pitching. Admittedly I don't know much about their pitching prospects, but I don't think their pitching is going to get them as far as the Rays' staff got them. Millwood is great but they don't have a whole whole lot behind him but some mediocre guys.

I will be bold though and predict them to win the AL West.

Guest WoodyPaige

Anyone see the new brick wall they installed at Arlington?

Made me go WTF for a few minutes...Thought they had gotten a new stadium.

I'm with you, I like the Rangers to win the west too. They had the best offense in baseball last year and its even better this season. They will need to get something out of Neftali Feliz and Derrick Holland though. If they can make an impact in the bigs this year they could go a long way.

Texas plays in a hitters park so they always have a good offense, they just never had the pitching to match it.

It's rarely as good as it is this season though, they have the best lineup in the league. They could be like the 96 team that just out hit everyone and took the West.

I'm not sure that lineup is the best in the league, maybe their division. But no way its is better than the Yankees, Rays or Red Soxs lineup.

I'm not sure that lineup is the best in the league, maybe their division. But no way its is better than the Yankees, Rays or Red Soxs lineup.

I'll take the Rangers lineup over any of them. Andrus is the only one who isnt a huge threat.

The Sox have 2 pieces of dead weight in Lowrie and Varitek, and Drew isn't anything special either. Their pitching is what makes them special. The Rays lack the power and the Yankees have a few guys who are in decline with Damon, Posada, and Matsui, along with a center fielder who cant hit for ****.

The Rangers lineup is better than all of them by a good amount.

Guest WoodyPaige
I'm with you, I like the Rangers to win the west too. They had the best offense in baseball last year and its even better this season. They will need to get something out of Neftali Feliz and Derrick Holland though. If they can make an impact in the bigs this year they could go a long way.

I'm with you with the Rangers being the best offense, but how did they get better? They lost Milton Bradley...

Last year I called the Rays being a very good team. I didn't expect them to make the World Series, but I did say that would make the playoffs as a wildcard. This year I'm going to do it again, but this time with the Texas Rangers. One of the youngest teams in baseball and doubles and homerun hitters all through the lineup. The only thing that makes me worry about them a little more than I did the Rays is their pitching. Admittedly I don't know much about their pitching prospects, but I don't think their pitching is going to get them as far as the Rays' staff got them. Millwood is great but they don't have a whole whole lot behind him but some mediocre guys.

I will be bold though and predict them to win the AL West.

Not really a bold prediction.

This has been said about the Rangers each of the past 5+ years.

If they get any pitching they will ballgames.

:huh: The Rays have a stellar lineup and they added Pat Burrell which really helped them out.

Dude....WHAT?

We're talking about the TAMPA BAY Rays right, not some fictional team you made up in your head?

What did they bat last year as a team, .250 or something like that? They didn't have one single player that hit over .300 last year.

I think the Rays season last year was a fluke they will come back down to earth this season

I completely agree. I think the Rays have a ton of talent and a very good starting rotation, but the Red Sox and Yankees are still better teams IMO. The Rays are built for the future, but I think last year was a bit of an aberration. They're good, but I don't think they're World Series good.