Opening Day Around the Major Leagues

Goodoleboy58

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

want to bring up salty, harrison, or nefti as well? lol

nope. I may be in the minority but that trade finalized me disliking JS. I know he gets alot of credit for that long run, but how many of the team and prospects were already here before he got here. He probably traded away more talent than he ever brought to us.

nope. I may be in the minority but that trade finalized me disliking JS. I know he gets alot of credit for that long run, but how many of the team and prospects were already here before he got here. He probably traded away more talent than he ever brought to us.

i wouldnt go that far he made alot of great trades for us. He seemed to always know who/when to trade... That Hudson trade is highway robbery at the time Huddy was the winningest pitcher in the league and he traded away some bats and balls for him. Sure he missed a couple of times, most notably the final time but I think his plan for that trade was to try to make one last run, at our farm systems expense of course

i wouldnt go that far he made alot of great trades for us. He seemed to always know who/when to trade... That Hudson trade is highway robbery at the time Huddy was the winningest pitcher in the league and he traded away some bats and balls for him. Sure he missed a couple of times, most notably the final time but I think his plan for that trade was to try to make one last run, at our farm systems expense of course

That is totally what happened. He wanted one more shot at glory.

you are probably right I may be caring it to far but I just remember the JD trade. I understand that he brought us Maddox, and Huddy, but we lost several too. Cox may have done a better job at GM than most give him credit for. He traded for Smoltz and drafted Glav, Justice, Gant, Chipper etc.

you are probably right I may be caring it to far but I just remember the JD trade. I understand that he brought us Maddox, and Huddy, but we lost several too. Cox may have done a better job at GM than most give him credit for. He traded for Smoltz and drafted Glav, Justice, Gant, Chipper etc.

I don't think that there is any denying that Cox would have done a good job bringing talented players in.