My Mock (no trades)

okay here we go.

Round 1 (24): Clay Matthews Jr. OLB, USC - There's about 6 different ways we could go with this but i think Matthews is our man. Its a tough choice because i think nicolas is ready to prove he can start but i think him and Matthews will fight for either SLB or WLB and matthews will win. if we bring in some 3-4 this year then nicolas can play middle with lofton and peterson and matthews on the outside. i know he isnt one of the hybrid 3-4 linebackers like english, but with his instincts, athleticism, and 4.5 speed he can be an effective pass rusher. proven run defender as well as cover man.

Round 2 (55): William Beaty OT, Connecticut - This guy is extremely athletic, was the anchor of the Husky O-Line for two years and at 6'6 302 he can get a little bigger too. will add some much needed depth to our line that has only 2 tackles. May even start.

Round 3 (90): Chase Coffman TE, Missouri - We pass up on Pettigrew in the first, and we are lucky enough to get one of the next best Tight Ends in the draft this late (I hope). This guy is a passing threat, has better speed than pettigrew, and is very athletic. Might not be as developed a blocker as pettigew, but this guy has too many intangibles and he can really develop into an elite player.

Round 4 (125): Asher Allen CB, UGA - This was another tough choice. Allen had a bad senior year, but he played the entire season with a broken hand. he made up for that with his off-season and his stock has shot up. A couple weeks ago he would've been a Round 5 or 6, now im hoping he slips this far. He has blazing speed and is very physical off of the line, and can come support the run. another possibility would be Coye Francies.

Round 5 (143): Chris Clemons FS, Clemson - We need a interchangable safety, and Clemons is our guy. he has had private workouts with the falcons already Coach Smith and TD seem very high on him. we missed out on Delmas and this is our second favorite pick. good speed, smooth hips, and great instincts. i think he can be a leader on our defense.

Round 5 (160): Terrance Taylor DT, Michigan - Showed promise in 07, earning second team all big-ten with 55 tackles, 8.5 for loss, 3.5 sacks, but quieted down his senior season with only 35 tackles, four tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, which is why i think he drops this far. WIll fill up the pocket and will be a good prospect who will get bigger.

Round 6 (196): Matt Shaughnessy DE, Wisconsin - A good pick up and will fight for starting spot over Busterson.

not sold on beatty, especially burning a 2nd rd for a 1 year wonder tackle. i agree he has room to grow in fact he needs another 20 lbs of bulk to literally muscle his way to the RT starting position.

i like terrance taylor pick though. maybe swap out the 2nd rd pick from beatty to a DE

Clay Matthews??? Not a big fan of him at all.

William Beatty will not last to the end of the 2nd. I am 100% sure on that.

And Terrance Taylor just plain sucks.

totally opposite of what i was thinking heh. not so sure about beatty. you must think strongly of him, is the draft so thin to see him drafted in high 2nd rd?

i really like the taylor pick though. sure hes 1 dimensional run stopper but i just dont need anyone else other than raji (who will be gone) that will join our dline rotation.

I like Clay matthews he is impossible to pass up at 24 hes a mixture of brookings power and has better hands than boley ever did

the second is not the place for a OT switch him out for a DT and not a nose tackle speed eathier the fastest DT avalible or the biggest DE and move him in i don't like a

TE period in this draft really it's because there pass catchers and it would throw off matt ryns reads he had it easy last year first look for roddy white if not him the other 2 receivers if not them throw it away unless peele/Mughelli happens to come into veiw open its childs play thats why it worked so well if you get a pass catching TE thats making matt think maybe the TE is open which wastes time and he is sacked thats what happened with Vick trade this out for a corner

asher allen a great all around player except his hands im not sure abot and i want some ints next year but if he falls to 4th he is hard to pass up

chris clemons:nothing bad to say if he is still there get him

Terrance Taylor: trade him for a OT

Matt Shaughnessy:i see more production out of jerous wynn from uga

you reached on some of your later picks. I think a couple of those guys will go 1 round earlier. But i do like the mock a lot and like what we get out of it.

yeah this would be some real luck on our part, maybe would have to switch a couple guys like allen up higher. him and coye francies have really improved their stock these past 3 weeks when before they were possible 7th round/ UD FA now they'll likely go anywhere from 2nd to early 4th

not sold on beatty, especially burning a 2nd rd for a 1 year wonder tackle. i agree he has room to grow in fact he needs another 20 lbs of bulk to literally muscle his way to the RT starting position.

i like terrance taylor pick though. maybe swap out the 2nd rd pick from beatty to a DE

yeah i hear what your saying though but the guy has quick feet and if he can put on those 20 pounds which is very realistic, maybe even if it takes him an extra year, then he will be a good if not great tackle. if nothing else he adds much needed depth, we have no backups at tackle. his quick feet and athleticism will help in the nfl so he can get off the snap and get out to block all the 3-4 hybrid de/olbs in the draft :lol:

Some nice choices, but unlikely that these players will be avaliable when we come to pick.

1) Clay Matthew - a possibility although the Texans have apparently (according to their beat writer on the Houston Chronicle) fallen in love with Matthews. I think even if he fell towards #24, the Pats would snap him up.

2) William Beatty - expected to go at the end of Round 1, between #28 (Philly) & #32 (Pitsburgh).

3) Chase Coffman - injured all too often for me, not suitable for our offence in my opinion.

4) Asher Allen - expected to go end 2nd / beginning of 3rd. I would definitely consider if he slid, but S is a higher priority in the 2nd than CB.

5a) I like the pick of Clemons

5b) I'd take Corvey Irvin instead of Taylor if avaliable

6) Matt Shaughnessy - is expected to go a round earlier (rated by NFLDraftScout.com as 144th ranked player)

Some nice choices, but unlikely that these players will be avaliable when we come to pick.

1) Clay Matthew - a possibility although the Texans have apparently (according to their beat writer on the Houston Chronicle) fallen in love with Matthews. I think even if he fell towards #24, the Pats would snap him up.

2) William Beatty - expected to go at the end of Round 1, between #28 (Philly) & #32 (Pitsburgh).

3) Chase Coffman - injured all too often for me, not suitable for our offence in my opinion.

4) Asher Allen - expected to go end 2nd / beginning of 3rd. I would definitely consider if he slid, but S is a higher priority in the 2nd than CB.

5a) I like the pick of Clemons

5b) I'd take Corvey Irvin instead of Taylor if avaliable

6) Matt Shaughnessy - is expected to go a round earlier (rated by NFLDraftScout.com as 144th ranked player)

well thats all good and i sort of agree on the irvin thing, and im actually quite sure allen wont be there lol

but then again this IS a mock draft, and the experts are basing where people will go on opinion, and im just voicing mine ^_^

I like Clay matthews he is impossible to pass up at 24 hes a mixture of brookings power and has better hands than boley ever did

the second is not the place for a OT switch him out for a DT and not a nose tackle speed eathier the fastest DT avalible or the biggest DE and move him in i don't like a

TE period in this draft really it's because there pass catchers and it would throw off matt ryns reads he had it easy last year first look for roddy white if not him the other 2 receivers if not them throw it away unless peele/Mughelli happens to come into veiw open its childs play thats why it worked so well if you get a pass catching TE thats making matt think maybe the TE is open which wastes time and he is sacked thats what happened with Vick trade this out for a corner

asher allen a great all around player except his hands im not sure abot and i want some ints next year but if he falls to 4th he is hard to pass up

chris clemons:nothing bad to say if he is still there get him

Terrance Taylor: trade him for a OT

Matt Shaughnessy:i see more production out of jerous wynn from uga

lol. 1, we cant wait til round 5 for an OT. people dont realise thats one of our top 3 needs.

2. theres no point in having a fast DT the only trait a DT needs in the NFL is size and the ability to plug gaps. its not about the stats he has, if he fills up the inside and makes running backs bounce it to the outside, it will increase the stats of our OLB's and Ends. all we need is a 1 dimensional guy who can fill gaps in the run, and take on double teams in pass situations so our pass rushers can get on the QB.

I like this draft alot...

okay here we go.

Round 1 (24): Clay Matthews Jr. OLB, USC - There's about 6 different ways we could go with this but i think Matthews is our man. Its a tough choice because i think nicolas is ready to prove he can start but i think him and Matthews will fight for either SLB or WLB and matthews will win. if we bring in some 3-4 this year then nicolas can play middle with lofton and peterson and matthews on the outside. i know he isnt one of the hybrid 3-4 linebackers like english, but with his instincts, athleticism, and 4.5 speed he can be an effective pass rusher. proven run defender as well as cover man.

If there, nice pick.

Round 2 (55): William Beaty OT, Connecticut - This guy is extremely athletic, was the anchor of the Husky O-Line for two years and at 6'6 302 he can get a little bigger too. will add some much needed depth to our line that has only 2 tackles. May even start.

Great value. I don't think he lasts here. He'll be late first rounder or early second rounder.

Round 3 (90): Chase Coffman TE, Missouri - We pass up on Pettigrew in the first, and we are lucky enough to get one of the next best Tight Ends in the draft this late (I hope). This guy is a passing threat, has better speed than pettigrew, and is very athletic. Might not be as developed a blocker as pettigew, but this guy has too many intangibles and he can really develop into an elite player.

I have him in my mock as well.

Round 4 (125): Asher Allen CB, UGA - This was another tough choice. Allen had a bad senior year, but he played the entire season with a broken hand. he made up for that with his off-season and his stock has shot up. A couple weeks ago he would've been a Round 5 or 6, now im hoping he slips this far. He has blazing speed and ais very physical off of the line, and can come support the run. another possibility would be Coye Francies.

Again may be bit too late for him

Round 5 (143): Chris Clemons FS, Clemson - We need a interchangable safety, and Clemons is our guy. he has had private workouts with the falcons already Coach Smith and TD seem very high on him. we missed out on Delmas and this is our second favorite pick. good speed, smooth hips, and great instincts. i think he can be a leader on our defense.

Round 5 (160): Terrance Taylor DT, Michigan - Showed promise in 07, earning second team all big-ten with 55 tackles, 8.5 for loss, 3.5 sacks, but quieted down his senior season with only 35 tackles, four tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, which is why i think he drops this far. WIll fill up the pocket and will be a good prospect who will get bigger.

Round 6 (196): Matt Shaughnessy DE, Wisconsin - A good pick up and will fight for starting spot over Busterson.

Nice draft if it happened. I think alot of the guys that you picked will go earlier.

I like this draft alot...

Nice draft if it happened. I think alot of the guys that you picked will go earlier.

yeah i know i think beatty will be there though. i think there will be a splurge of OT's taken in the first and i think he'll still be there after that and things will quiet down. people are worried about him only being 300 pounds. ONLY :lol: and he has the frame to get bigger.

i read your mock and i agree a lot on coffman people are complaining he isnt a blocker. he might not have been in college, but with coaching and put him on a weight training program, he can become an at least competent blocker.

im really hoping allen is there. if he isnt, i think we'll wait another pick and get coye francies or another CB we scouted.

ps i would love to get darius with 24 :D

lol maybe thats why im picking him with the second pick in the 5th round

So you draft players that suck??

Trust me i watched him play a lot. He is terrible. He has no pass-rush ability whatsoever, and he's not even good at what he's supposed to be good at. I've seen him get pushed around a lot. Not to mention he also got dominated at the Senior Bowl.

yeah i know i think beatty will be there though. i think there will be a splurge of OT's taken in the first and i think he'll still be there after that and things will quiet down. people are worried about him only being 300 pounds. ONLY :lol: and he has the frame to get bigger.

i read your mock and i agree a lot on coffman people are complaining he isnt a blocker. he might not have been in college, but with coaching and put him on a weight training program, he can become an at least competent blocker.

im really hoping allen is there. if he isnt, i think we'll wait another pick and get coye francies or another CB we scouted.

ps i would love to get darius with 24 :D

You may be right. There is going to be a huge run on OTs, though. If i were the lions i'd snag him at #20. They got Cherilus last year--great RT. Grab Stafford at #1 and Beatty and #20 they are suddenly very good.

The whole weight thing for him is nuts. He's a LT at 295 with agility and a frame to get bigger. I love the kid--wouldn't hurt my feelings to grab him.

Thanks on the mock. I think Coffman can be a steal.

Asher would be nice, if we didn't land Darius or Alphonso Smith.

Butler is my choice if i had the pick. He'll be a stud both returning and defensively.

You may be right. There is going to be a huge run on OTs, though. If i were the lions i'd snag him at #20. They got Cherilus last year--great RT. Grab Stafford at #1 and Beatty and #20 they are suddenly very good.

The whole weight thing for him is nuts. He's a LT at 295 with agility and a frame to get bigger. I love the kid--wouldn't hurt my feelings to grab him.

Thanks on the mock. I think Coffman can be a steal.

Asher would be nice, if we didn't land Darius or Alphonso Smith.

Butler is my choice if i had the pick. He'll be a stud both returning and defensively.

he really will. theres so many good corners in this draft and honestly only about 4 teams that would consider corner with their first round, and theres at least 5 first round caliber corners in the draft so honestly if TD gets any one of them ill be happy