Allen Asher, Greg Blue, etc, etc, etc

Andre5000

The amount of talent UGA puts into the NFL backs up the homerism. I could see your point if you were talking about GT, but UGA churns out NFL players with the rest of the best. They are also the school with the most NFL Super Bowl MVP's. Look it up. True story. And you were saying?

The amount of talent UGA puts into the NFL backs up the homerism. I could see your point if you were talking about GT, but UGA churns out NFL players with the rest of the best. They are also the school with the most NFL Super Bowl MVP's. Look it up. True story. And you were saying?

3 right? Hines Ward, and who else?

I know UGA puts some players in the NFL, im just saying there is always some diamond in the rough that wasnt that good that UGA peeps are always trying to convince us is really really good. i personally think Vance Walker of Ga Tech is a steal if we can get him in the 4th, but thats me, and im not saying we should draft him in the 2nd round either.

I'm guessing UGA will have two players drafted in round one. They may even have the overall number one pick in Stafford. Say what you want but Georgia has sent some talent to the NFL.

I didnt say that. Tashard Choice and Calvin johnson played pretty well last year as well dont ya think?

So what is the point? Every major college has their fan base who knows their teams talent. Nothing wrong with saying so on a blog. Much better than calling people morons, racists, or idiots - any coward can do that on a blog - it takes no brain power , no knowledge of football, no supporting facts - just the willingness to be disagreeable and show ones inability to think and reason.

LIke some poster the other day - called Charley Cassery an idiot - here is a guy who picked Mario Williams over Bush and Young - the world thought he was insane - but he was right and stood by his convictions. Not idiot material.

This blog is free - not owned by the guy who has written 10,000 posts, and no one on here is an expert - unless I am wrong, I do not see NFL GM's scoutingt the blogs for anyones advice - so if someone wants to sing praise on a guy from their school, so be it - who cares one way or the other - TD aint drafting by our mock picks and everyone is entitled to their opinion, even the ones who were born with venom glands.

It is a great idea to bring in players from area colleges when they are the right fit. They are instant fan favorites. If DJ had been da future he would have sold lots of tickets. They go a little too far when they try to make stafford out to be better than ryan but there is always some moron who wants to go to extremes.

3 right? Hines Ward, and who else?

UGA is third behind USC and someone else, I forget who, at sending players to the NFL. This came up last year, and I posted the numbers. Homerism, and saying that each player that wore the red and black is gonna light the NFL on fire is one thing. Denying cold hard facts that UGA perrenially puts it's players from between the hedges to playing on Sunday just makes you look a little silly.

Consider the economics of the NFL. What percentage of the Falcons fan base is UGA related? I don't know, but I would bet that if all the UGA fans boycotted the Falcons there would be huge empty areas in the stadium seats. Do you really believe that it is good to alienate such a large portion of the fan base by purposely denigrating every UGA player that gets mentioned on here?

Obviously, the Falcons not going to carry a substandard player just to appeal to the UGA fanbase, but it just makes sense financially to consider local players that could benefit the team.

Consider the economics of the NFL. What percentage of the Falcons fan base is UGA related? I don't know, but I would bet that if all the UGA fans boycotted the Falcons there would be huge empty areas in the stadium seats. Do you really believe that it is good to alienate such a large portion of the fan base by purposely denigrating every UGA player that gets mentioned on here?

Obviously, the Falcons not going to carry a substandard player just to appeal to the UGA fanbase, but it just makes sense financially to consider local players that could benefit the team.

While I agree with you in principle I think you have over-estimated the power of this message board. Some disparaging comments here are hardly going to create a mass boycott. Like all football fans UGA fans seldom agree on who they think is great so some negativity here will hardly be shocking.

mention drafting a UGA player on these board and your automatically a homer, yet no one says anything about Tech fans (MJ post who isnt even a top 5 de this year) yet there are plenty of draft him, when tape shows time and time again that he isnt that great. For the record I wouldn't use anything above a late 3rd for Allen, however his stock has risen because of his 40 time. I also am not big on Brandon Miller or Shockley. I am a UGA fan but I im an honest one and Allen has potential to be a good cb in the NFL.

So to the Original poster. I Guess Tech fans would love to be homers about certain players had they had some to get excited about every year! Yep Choice and C Johnson are great players.. but to quote you.... and....and? who else?

as for current great Dogs in the NFL... try these ,Hines ward ,Champ Bailey,Richard Seymour,Marcus Stroud,Ben Watson,Thomas Davis just to name a few of the current ones... let alone the ones from the past...

Blind homerism might be funny at times but blind envy of a teams Homerism is pathetic.

Every year there is a bunch of UGA Homers clinging to some guy from UGA saying he is gonna be great. Remember all the Greg Blue posts? :lol:

Stafford, Moreno.......

Funny though, I remember a ton of people posting that Blue should convert to LB in the NFL, his coverage skills were not where they needed to be in order to be an NFL safety. Yes, there were some people being pure homers and not seeing the flaws (kinda like Micheal Johnson this year).

I'm an UGA homer & I'm not at all interested in Allen. In fact, I'm very happy he came out early. I don't think he's that good of a corner. Just don't lump all homers into the same bucket, and maybe I'm missing it, but is anyone even attempting to claim Allen is a 1st rounder?

UGA is third behind USC and someone else, I forget who, at sending players to the NFL. This came up last year, and I posted the numbers. Homerism, and saying that each player that wore the red and black is gonna light the NFL on fire is one thing. Denying cold hard facts that UGA perrenially puts it's players from between the hedges to playing on Sunday just makes you look a little silly.

I do believe this is TOTALLY incorrect.

UGA has 3 super bowl MVPs, from 3 different players (Jake Scott, Hines Ward, and can't believe nobody had gotten Terrell Davis)

Alabama has 3 super bowl MVPs from 2 different players (Bart Starr x2, Joe Namath)

Michigan has 3 super bowl MVPs from 2 different players (Tom Brady x2, Desmond Howard)

USC has 2 super bowl MVPs (Marcus Allen, Lynn Swann)

Florida St has 2 (Fred Biletnikoff, Dexter Jackson)

Miami has 2 (Ray Lewis, Otis Anderson)

Notre Dame has 2 (Joe Montana)

Louisiana Tech has 2 (Terry Bradshaw)

Stanford has 2 (John Elway, Jim Plunkett)

Think that's all the schools with multiple MVPs. Interesting trivia though.

mention drafting a UGA player on these board and your automatically a homer, yet no one says anything about Tech fans (MJ post who isnt even a top 5 de this year) yet there are plenty of draft him, when tape shows time and time again that he isnt that great. For the record I wouldn't use anything above a late 3rd for Allen, however his stock has risen because of his 40 time. I also am not big on Brandon Miller or Shockley. I am a UGA fan but I im an honest one and Allen has potential to be a good cb in the NFL.

So to the Original poster. I Guess Tech fans would love to be homers about certain players had they had some to get excited about every year! Yep Choice and C Johnson are great players.. but to quote you.... and....and? who else?

as for current great Dogs in the NFL... try these ,Hines ward ,Champ Bailey,Richard Seymour,Marcus Stroud,Ben Watson,Thomas Davis just to name a few of the current ones... let alone the ones from the past...

Blind homerism might be funny at times but blind envy of a teams Homerism is pathetic.

Im a Tech homer!!!! but i didnt start a tread about how great Vance Walker is gonna be and what a steal he is gonna be etc, etc.. we all know Knowshon is gonna be a great RB and Stafford may end up being a great QB, and Michael Johnson could be great or a bust, but every year there is some UGA guy that didnt even play that good that everyone is hyping. Were there a bunch of posts about James Butler and Dawajn Landry 3 years ago?

Well DUH!! Why do you think Rankin Smith chose Red and Black as the colors for the Falcons? They even had a little Gold stripe on the original hemets out of respect..

Well DUH!! Why do you think Rankin Smith chose Red and Black as the colors for the Falcons? They even had a little Gold stripe on the original hemets out of respect..

Rankin Smith also was reluctant to draft local players because he was afraid of the backlash in case they had to be cut. This didn't make him right or wrong, but I wonder if local fans (both UGA and Tech) would have embraced the Falcons even more in the early years of the franchise if this had not been the case.

While I agree with you in principle I think you have over-estimated the power of this message board. Some disparaging comments here are hardly going to create a mass boycott. Like all football fans UGA fans seldom agree on who they think is great so some negativity here will hardly be shocking.

Agreed. I did not mean to imply that they would boycott, only what the effects of a boycott would be. As you state, this message board does not mean much in the greater scheme of things.

I was mainly pointing out that the Falcons need the support of all the local fans, and the largest college related segment is UGA based. I just don't understand why there is so much animosity to UGA fans on this board. It just seems counterproductive, but maybe I expect too much.