Are you a TRUE FALCON FAN if....

WARBUCK$

you would cheer for them to lose? For example when the Falcons go 6 - 10 this season, would it be wrong to cheer for them to lose so that we can get a better pick in the draft? Or what if a certain player was to play them?? Is it wrong to cheer for that player to beat your home team??

When the braves got rid of my favorite player ( Ron Gant ) I would purposely cheer for them to lose whenever they played the Reds. I was happy to see Ron Gant hit multiple HRS off the Braves pitchers...

Whats your thoughts on this? :mellow:

you would cheer for them to lose? For example when the Falcons go 6 - 10 this season, would it be wrong to cheer for them to lose so that we can get a better pick in the draft? Or what if a certain player was to play them?? Is it wrong to cheer for that player to beat your home team??

When the braves got rid of my favorite player ( Ron Gant ) I would purposely cheer for them to lose whenever they played the Reds. I was happy to see Ron Gant hit multiple HRS off the Braves pitchers...

Ron Gant was one of my favorites too but to wish him to beat up on the Braves kind of makes you a bad fan. Not you directly but it looks like that. For example, Deion was my idol but when he left I went against him when we played him. I did become a Cowboys fan because of him but it was always Falcons first. On the first thing you said, that's tricky. I am always split on that. I kind of want us to just lose to get the better pick if the season is already a wash but when I'm actually watching the game I still find it very hard to pull against them. I wouldn't fault you for wanting us to lose for the better pick but Im find it hard to follow through with those wishes as I watch the game. Even when we went 4-12 on '07, I still found myself pulling for us to win down the stretch even though I was torn due to wanting the #1 overall pick.

pull for them no matter what...your 6-10 prediction might be close, but I think we win 6 home games and steal a few , maybe 3 on the road. As far as another player....Like a Player from your said favorite college team? I pull for the Name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

Thats funny....I really dont remember Ron Gant hitting home runs against the Braves after he left

Dude, this is the dark thought that has been bouncing around in my head for a while now.

Don't feel bad, you aren't the only one who has considered this "evil" thought.

Somebody on another forum said, "Should we keep having a winning record, going 9-7 each year? or finally go 4-12 and improve the guys we get in each round of the draft, so we can start winning 12 + games"

And when you think of that, you do kinda wonder...

I mean, even after the Colts got Manning, they still sucked that year, but had yet another year of a good draft position, allowing them to pick and choose to build the team.

For the guys we want, especially with the elite talent next year, I would be fine if we went 7-9 or 8-8, and got the guys being dropped down by all the QBs who will be taken early.

I love my team to win, but I will trade in one season of a 3 year rebuilding project (and we are only on year 2) for a superbowl-talent filled team, instead of an annual 11-5 team with mid round playoff-talent

I'm just being completely honest, that's the way I feel.

I believe enough in this organization that we will optimize every single one of our picks, and build a truly scary team.

Imagine this, if we had been a little bit better and won even 1 more game, we would have missed out on our likely-to-be future pro-bowl QB, and possibly even Curtis Lofton.

u shouldnt root for them to lose

u should root for them to be competetive but if they lose after giving a valiant effort, then thats just a bonus

im a wizards fan, they have the 2nd worst record. im rooting for sacramento to win(they have the worst record) but not for wizards to lose. im happy when they lose tho, but i dont ROOT for them to play badly, because theyre out there trying to win.

like two seasons ago (jeez it was that long ago now), i wasnt ever rooting for the falcons to lose to get a higher draft pick, because 1 i knew we werent getting the number 1 pick, and 2 because there is rarely a fore sure player. Everyone in the draft is a gamble. And especially in the nfl, alot has to do with positional needs so sometimes being a few draft picks lower might mean u get the same player for cheaper.

6-10?

I can see 4 losses (NYG, NE, Philly, Dallas) that we will have trouble overcoming. Though each have question marks (NYG: Who's gonna catch the ball? NE: Brady 100%? Philly: Defense going to be the same? Dallas: Are we playing them in December?).

Then we go 4-2 in the division (split Carolina and Saints series). So where are the other 4 losses? The Bears? They have a QB now, but the defense needs overhauling. Buffalo? Don't get me started there. Miami? Washington? Jets? San Fran.

I say we go 2-2 against the first four. 4-2 in the division. Then 4-2 against the rest. Really, every team we play out of our division have question marks that they will have to answer.

There's something I need to show you.

winningpercentage.jpg

DISGUSTING. I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY ROOT FOR THE OTHER TEAM WHEN WE HAVE THESE SCUMBAGS AHEAD OF US IN WINNING % (do the math).

I hope that helped you with your outlook on winning and losing. Have a nice day. :)

None of that will matter if we are the first to get a superbowl ring.

Ron Gant was one of my favorites too but to wish him to beat up on the Braves kind of makes you a bad fan. Not you directly but it looks like that. For example, Deion was my idol but when he left I went against him when we played him. I did become a Cowboys fan because of him but it was always Falcons first. On the first thing you said, that's tricky. I am always split on that. I kind of want us to just lose to get the better pick if the season is already a wash but when I'm actually watching the game I still find it very hard to pull against them. I wouldn't fault you for wanting us to lose for the better pick but Im find it hard to follow through with those wishes as I watch the game. Even when we went 4-12 on '07, I still found myself pulling for us to win down the stretch even though I was torn due to wanting the #1 overall pick.

I agree with this guy. I liked Ron Gant when he was a Brave, but after he was released , he was dead to me. I guess I am more for the team than hero worship. Kinda like when war bucks was all over TJ Ducketts jock, I like most just couldn't see his greatness.

I agree with this guy. I liked Ron Gant when he was a Brave, but after he was released , he was dead to me. I guess I am more for the team than hero worship. Kinda like when war bucks was all over TJ Ducketts jock, I like most just couldn't see his greatness.

you got me mixed up with that other guy. I never rode a RB's jock.... there are only 2 players on the team who I ride with.. thats Roddy and Abe.