on the ravens board( falcons related)

your right about this QB era and dont forget about who began the era manning brady palmer... but i think flacco will be good like a brees or a manning jr. but ryan will be more like a montana, young, manning. i liked flacco and wanted us to draft him but im more then pleased with what we have in ryan and look forward to next yr and the next GO FALCONS!!!

Flacco was barely completing 50% of his passes as the season winded down. Matt had one of the top 3 rookie seasons by a QB of all time. he had to win games for us, the Ravens D won games for Baltimore. Flacco had a very good rookie season and will be a solid qb but you wont find any sensible person saying flacco is anywhere near ryan at this point in time

Flacco had a good year, no question. WIth me though, when I seemed to watch, it was 4 yard dump off, 4 yard dump off, run, run , 4 yard dump off, 50 yard bomb, 4 yard dump off, run, 50 yard bomb. He didn't seem capable of making a lot of different throws(not saying he isn't, I just didn't see it). He was fortunate to have a great defense, and good run game. Matt Ryan was fortunate to have a great run game himself, but honestly, if we had the Raven's defense with our offense, I think we win the division, make it to the Super Bowl at the very least.

one guy said flacco would 30-7. Another guy got on my case just because i said flacco manges games and matt ryan looks a little better in tight game situatuions. Please give me your opinion

Just because Ryan is better doesn't take away from the great season Flacco had. Ryan did do a lot more and had to carry this team at times but Flacco did really well. His numbers were even better than Big Ben in his rookie year. A lot better. Dude has a great arm and is accurate. I think they should be excited about Flacco. I wouldn't say he is just a game manager. He was for most the season but he really started doing some good things late in the season. He was carried a lot by their defense early last year but their offe3nse started really catching up late in the season. I don't find those expectations too far fetched of Flacco. He, just like Ryan will get nothing but better. They might be a little far fetched for him to reach that next year but I say he can be there in about his third or fourth year. He still yhas a lot of learning to do but he's smart and poised. I will say that we were in every game last year with a sub par defense so if we had the Ravrens defense we might have went undefeated. Think about it. Our defense lost us some games last year. Ryan never did and despite that defense Ryan had us right in every game. So with just a little more defense we could have done something crazy.

True, but im just saying that your football evaulations should be based on realisim and not fanboyishness

apparently you have not been here long. There are plenty of people here who are acting like DeCoud &/or Coleman are as good or better than Ed Reed. You're going to get some of that with every teams fan base. Realistically it's too early to tell on either Ryan or Flacco. I agree with you that Flacco is just a game manager right now, but I think Big Ben for the Steelers was the same way early on in his career. JMO, trying to remove my fandom, I think Ryan will be the better QB, but I think both are going to be good.

one guy said flacco would 30-7. Another guy got on my case just because i said flacco manges games and matt ryan looks a little better in tight game situatuions. Please give me your opinion

Im a huge Falcons fan and I never miss a game. I live in Baltimore so I see quite a bit of Flacco. Flacco manages games and rarely takes shots down field. He dinks and dunks all game, and has a vicious defense that keeps opponents of the scoreboard, therefore winning games... Ryan is sooooo much better than Flacco. I mean if Flacco is so great why did he play at a Division 1 AA school?

Im a huge Falcons fan and I never miss a game. I live in Baltimore so I see quite a bit of Flacco. Flacco manages games and rarely takes shots down field. He dinks and dunks all game, and has a vicious defense that keeps opponents of the scoreboard, therefore winning games... Ryan is sooooo much better than Flacco. I mean if Flacco is so great why did he play at a Division 1 AA school?

Actually he was at one but transferred so he could play immediately. Ryan is definitely better but Flacco is a pretty good young QB. The more experience he gets and the better he gets at reading defenses the better he will become. There is no need to bash Flacco to prove how good Ryan is. That's the same thing the Ravens fans do. There is no need for it because Flacco really is pretty good himself. His rookie stats were actually way better then Big Ben's was his rookie season. That is how good Flacco really was. He would have been a huge story any other year but Ryan took all the lime light away.

Flacco showed he has talent for sure but one thing I think helped Ryan stay so noticed was all the MANY great passes he completed on the run throughout the year which kept him on the highlight reels each week and the sports world talking about him. Hopefully we can protect him even better this year so he doesn't have to throw on the run so much but it's great to know how accurate he is when he has to.

flacco is a game manager. ryan isn't. everyone says "well the falcons had the great run game, the falcons have roddy white". the ravens were 4th in the run game last year (2 spots behind us and avg'd 4.2 yds less per game than us). they also have derrick mason. while he isn't roddy he's isn't a bum either. he's a guy that's been giving the ravens 90-100 catch, 1,000 yd seasons for a while now.

ryan has a great run game, really good wideouts, avg to below avg D. flacco has a great run game, decent wideouts, and a great defense.

Flacco showed he has talent for sure but one thing I think helped Ryan stay so noticed was all the MANY great passes he completed on the run throughout the year which kept him on the highlight reels each week and the sports world talking about him. Hopefully we can protect him even better this year so he doesn't have to throw on the run so much but it's great to know how accurate he is when he has to.

Yea, Ryan even threw great going to his left which was crazy. He might throw better going to his left than he does going to his right. Dude is unreal.

Yea, Ryan even threw great going to his left which was crazy. He might throw better going to his left than he does going to his right. Dude is unreal.

Absolutely, I thought it was a fluke the first few times I saw him do it but then he never stopped.

flacco is a game manager. ryan isn't. everyone says "well the falcons had the great run game, the falcons have roddy white". the ravens were 4th in the run game last year (2 spots behind us and avg'd 4.2 yds less per game than us). they also have derrick mason. while he isn't roddy he's isn't a bum either. he's a guy that's been giving the ravens 90-100 catch, 1,000 yd seasons for a while now.

ryan has a great run game, really good wideouts, avg to below avg D. flacco has a great run game, decent wideouts, and a great defense.

Mason was also the guy that came up a yard short for what would have been the game winning TD for the Titans. Just to add to your point. I think the bottom line is that if Ryan had that defense last year we might have gone undefeated. I know it sounds crazy because I even think it sounds very crazy. Think about it though, we were in ever game this year and the ones we lost was because our defense let us down. If we had the Ravens defense and they didn't let us down then we might have won every game that we lost. It's true. The defense won at times despite Flacco's mistakes. Our defense wasn't good enough at times when Ryan didn't make mistakes. Some might say we could have lost the Chicago game but it was our defense's fault that we had to win in the final seconds of that game. The defense would have been rested a lot more here too than they were with the Ravens. They had a lot of 3 and outs. You guys might think I'm crazy but if we had a great defense to go along with our offense and we would have been close to unbeatable. Our offense kept us in every game despite our defensive weaknesses.

Personally i wanted to take flaco in the draft and i think the jury is still out...to act like we have any idea which of them is better at this point is silly...I love what we have in Ryan and i think he is such a blessing for this team and its fans...that being said I think 19 or 20 teams would be stoked to heave either of those guys at the helm moving forward...flaco will be counted on more and that offense will open up over the next couple of years and we can look at these two guys and see who the better qb is....

What does where a player play in college determine his chances of sucess in the NFL???? See Jerry Rice, Mississippi

Valley State (div 1 AA ) as a prime example, as well others...While i view Ryan as a better QB, Don't sell Flacco short..

Living in near the PA/MD border I got to watch too many Ravens games and there is no comparison. Flacco doesn't do what Ryan does for this team. Completely different skill set in all honesty. Talent-wise at least. I know people who love the Steelers but will admit Big Ben doesn't have much talent but hey he's winning. It's all subjective. Both Flacco and Ben have GREAT defenses to lean on though.