Saints fans giving props to Matt Ryan.

iseeharvey

Not as long as he plays for the Falcons. When he's eventually traded, retired, out of the NFC South, etc., a la Joe Montana, I'll gleefully acknowledge his skill and game. Until then, Nope.

I like this one the most. It's very honest. I remember when we all were in the same division with the 49ers, I used to hate Joe Montana. Now he's my favorite all time QB. Dude was unbelievable. This post made me laugh and reminisce.

I like this post that was on there. This would be one of the more smarter saints fans.

No, I don't have a grudging respect for Ryan. I have an unabashed respect and admiration for him. He has all the tools, especially the one between the ears, and youth. I rate his as a top 10 QB right now, and expect him to be a top 5 QB in 2-3 years.

Ryan's sophmore year (jinx year) is upcoming. We'll need help from a big jinx on Ryan to beat the Falcons twice this year.

One of them posted this:

When we played them I was not impressed. He seemed like he made a lot of bad decisions and his wide recievers simply made plays for him.

Matt Ryan's stats from the 2 Saints games:

40/56, 71.4%, 563 yards, 10.0 YPA, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 0 sacks

Over the span of 16 games of only playing the Saints, that would be: 320/448, 71.4%, 4500 yards, 24 TDs, 8 INT, 0 Sacks

Those were all receiver plays, I'm sure. Its good to see rival fans give respect to Ryan though.

"I don't find he's as good as many try to make him to be. You have to remember that this team was working with a whole new coaching staff and basically a whole offensive team. Nobody knew much about how they would play and what to expect. When we played them I was not impressed. He seemed like he made a lot of bad decisions and his wide recievers simply made plays for him.

Could you plug in the recievers we had to play with this year with Matt Ryan and have him put up the same numbers? I don't think so. He benefited from an outstanding running game and two talented first round picks at wide out. We'll see this year how he fairs when the league has a while offseason to watch tape on him."

Maybe my memory is poor but I remember Matt absolutely picking apart the Saints drive after drive

thanks cali, that's what I thought. My favorite is

I'm still lost as to how this proven/unproven stuff goes. Our players put up 1 good year and they're proven, yet it takes non-Saints 3 years to prove themselves???

in response to the other saints fans saying he hasn't proved anything yet