4th Mock Draft/Off-Season, w/ Full 3 rounds

This will be my 4th mock i have made so far this year. This goes along with a full 3 round mock that i have made. I find that it is more realistic to determine who will really be there at a certain pick, not just looking at projections. Now if you look at it and see why we took a certain player over another, keep in mind that the player that most would want might have already been drafted. This is the link to the full 3-round mock http://fantasysportsdrafts.com/ViewMockDra...amp;R=1&P=1

Below are just the Falcons pick, with measurable and explanation. This is assuming we do not sign anyone else in FA. Enjoy :D

1. Ziggy Hood - UT - Missouri - 6'3 - 300 - 4.83

Now I know there was a huge debate here about Hood and his ability to play NT. Well that doesn't really matter because i want to draft this guy to rotate with Babs at UT.

If he can play NT then that is an even bigger bonus. We need some quality DL and Hood will be a force with Babs. Hood will also slide over to NT in passing situations to

give us a bigger pass-rushing threat. I considered taking Cushing here, but i just don't think OLB is that big of a need. I am confident with Nicholas starting and i think he

will be fine. The only concern is Peterson and the age factor, but i believe we will draft a late round OLB that we could develop into our starting SLB. I also know many of you want Larry English, and i myself would be OK with that pick. I just think we need more help at DT then at DE, especially with Chauncey Davis re-signing. Also keep in mind that Hood is a great pass-rusher as well.

Prospect Video

2. Rashad Johnson - FS - Alabama - 5'11 - 203 - 4.49

I love Rashad Johnson and i think he is the perfect S we are looking for. TD has stated we are looking for a ball-hawking safety, a guy like Ed Reed, who can also provide

us with leadership that our defense needs. Johnson fits both of those qualities perfectly. He has the best cover skills of any Safety in this draft and was the leader of one

of the nations best defenses. He is also incredibly smart and has good work ethic, another quality we are looking for. Contrary to what many people believe he is actually a good tackler. He will not shy away from contact and is usually a sure tackler.

Prospect Video

3. Jason Williams - SLB - Western Illinois - 6'1 - 241 - 4.49

I was a big fan of Jason Williams before he lit up his combine. He was very impressive during the Shrine Game and he really caught scouts eyes. He not only showed he could provide run support and shed blockers, he also showed off his fluid hips dropping back in coverage. This is essential for the Cover 2. He then ran extremely well at his Pro-Day and also looked great in drills. His stock has soared and i don't think he will last to our 4th round pick. We grab him in the late 3rd and he will be our future SLB. I can imagine Peterson will not get as many plays as he normally could due to his age. Jason Williams will keep him fresh and would sub in on passing downs.

4. T.J. Lang - OT/OG - Eastern Michigan - 6'4 - 316 - 5.15

Another riser that found himself in the middle rounds. T.J. Lang's biggest asset is his versatility. He started his senior year at LT for the Eagles, but he has the strength to also play inside at G and C. He showed he could do this with ease at the Texas vs. Nation all-star game. Lang is also a durable player who ended his college career with 36 straight starts. He'll give us much needed depth on the OL at pretty much every position. TD also likes players who are versatile and Lang fits the bill.

5. Roy Miller - NT - Texas - 6'2 - 310 - 4.93

I have watched Roy Miller a lot during his senior year. I watched Texas games because i was, and still am, a big fan of Brian Orakpo. I was hoping that Orakpo would be there at our 1st round pick, but that isn't the case anymore. As much as i was impressed with Orakpo, there was another guy that was creating as much havoc as Orakpo, and that guy was Roy Miller. Not only is he an excellent run stuffer, he flashes the ability to penetrate and stop the runner in the back field, as showed by his 10.5 TFL and 5.5 sacks his senior season. This is huge for the Cover 2, to have a NT that can generate a pass-rush. He will provide a great NT rotation with Trey Lewis who is back and healthy.

Highlights Part 1

Highlights Part 2

5. Henry Melton - DE - Texas - 6'4 - 269 - 4.64

Another Texas DL. Melton is a project at DE. He was the OTHER DE on the Texas team opposite of Orakpo. He collected 8.5 TFL, 4 sacks and 11 hurries his senior year. He is a prototypical DE. Great height and weight to go along with great speed of the edge. He only started 1 year and will need some coaching up in the NFL. I am disappointed in Jamaal Anderson and i am expecting Chauncey Davis to take his starting spot by the end of the season. Melton will most likely be on the practice squad or play on Special Teams. But with our great DL coach, Ray Hamilton, i truly believe that he can develop Melton into an elite pass-rusher and we could walk away with the biggest steal in this years draft.

6. John Phillips - TE - Virginia - 6'6 - 251 - 4.78

Phillips is a TE that i think will fit in nicely in our offense. He is a hard worker and a team leader. I think this is important to our offense, especially at TE. He could develop into an Alge Crumpler type player. His size already tells you that he is a big red-zone threat, but he is also a willing blocker. In college he was primarily used as a blocker, but he showed the ability to stretch the field and make plays through the air. One thing that i liked about him is that he improved every year and in his senior year took on the role of Team Captain and a leader on the offensive side of the ball. That impressed me and i am sure it is something TD will like as well.

UDFA

Jahi Word-Daniels - CB - Georgia Tech - 6'0 - 197 - 4.59

Here is a guy that was an outstanding CB his sophomore and junior year. Then Senior year came around and he barely got on the field due to nagging injuries. He suffered from a hamstring injury and later a groin injury which forced him to miss most of the drills at the combine. He is a very experienced CB and will fall due to his poor 40 time, mainly due to him running it with a groin injury that wasn't fully healed. He will be a good body to have come training camp and he could compete for a roster spot with Glenn Sharpe.

Vaughn Martin - NT - Western Ontario - 6'3 - 331 - 4.98

That's right, I threw in a good ol' Canadian boy. Martin transferred from Michigan State to Western Ontario, a football factory in Canada. He declared for the NFL draft and he hopes of making a roster somewhere. He is a tremendous run-stuffer and helped the Mustangs to the 3rd best rush defense in the CIS. He held workouts in Windsor(Holla) and scouts from 20 different NFL teams were there and were reported to be heavily interested. He already has several visits with NFL teams planned for next week and will workout for them. He is an extremely gifted athlete, but the level of competition is an area of concern. I think he would be a great guy to have develop on our practice squad.

Dante Dunn - CB/KR - Wayne State - 5'9 - 185 - 4.41

Another local kid, well local to me, that is athletically gifted. Dunn had an impressive senior year at Wayne State. He racked up 82 tackles, 3 INT, 9 PBU, 12 PD, and an amazing 3 blocked kicks. He also was an electrifying KR, ranking 5th nationally in Kickoff Return Avg. He won the GLIAC Defensive Back of the Year award for his part in a great turnaround for the Wayne State Warriors defense that saw them go from 125th(34.8 ppg) to 7th(14.6 ppg).

Otis Wiley - FS - Michigan State - 6'1 - 213 - 4.64

I am a bit sad to say, my favorite prospect in this years draft may go undrafted. He has been hampered by a right knee injury that bothered him most of the season and forced him to miss the combine. He is a great ball-hawk that also delivers the hit in the running game. I watched him play A LOT and i am very impressed. He was having a brilliant year before injuring his knee. He was forced to play with a brace and he just wasn't the same player. He finally got some rest before Michigan State's bowl game against UGA and he had a great game. Despite all of that he still had to get surgery for his knee after the season. He ran at his pro-day but his knee was not 100% which is the reason for the pretty poor numbers. Besides the on field play, he is also a great leader and captain of the Spartans defense. He is a high quality guy who many people would love to have on their team. I really hope we get him because when he is healthy he is a great safety and he would be great depth for us.

Ashlee Palmer - WLB - Ole Miss - 6'2 - 223 - 4.59

Palmer is one of my favorite late round/UDFA prospects. I really liked Glenn Sharpe last year and we picked him up and I'm hoping we can get Palmer this year. He is an outstanding LB for the Cover 2. He is very athletic and is amazing in coverage. He plays like a safety in coverage. His athleticism allows him to make plays anywhere on the field. While he would be a long shot to get a starting spot at LB anywhere in the league, he will give any team that drafts him a heck of a ST'er.

Well that is it. I hope you guys liked it and I would appreciate any comments, good or bad :)

Thanks man. You've hated on some of the best posters on this board and i just feel honored that you include me in that group with them. Again, thanks :)

Click his name and then click "find member's posts". What comes up is actually ridiculous. The guy doesn't even contribute anything, he just tries to rip on other people. There are a million dumb comments he has made, yet not one topic. I have my doubts about whether or not this person actually has a functioning brain, since I know that he is incapable of having an original thought.

And I wasn't included in that group...I guess I'm not "dumb" enough CDlPSHlTANO? (I like how you changed other people's names so I made you for you. Do you like it?)

Click his name and then click "find member's posts". What comes up is actually ridiculous. The guy doesn't even contribute anything, he just tries to rip on other people. There are a million dumb comments he has made, yet not one topic. I have my doubts about whether or not this person actually has a functioning brain, since I know that he is incapable of having an original thought.

And I wasn't included in that group...I guess I'm not "dumb" enough CDlPSHlTANO? (I like how you changed other people's names so I made you for you. Do you like it?)

Aww come on Dirty Bird, he just probably hasn't seen your mock yet. Don't worry, he will hate soon enough :lol:

Norwood, I like it a lot. I do however think that either the first or second pick will be used for an offensive player. Either an OL or TE if i had to guess. I know you addressed the positions--i just thought they were addressed a bit late.

That being said, I have no issue with the players you selected. I'm also conflicted on the S position. In one vein you hear the Falcons talk about how excited they are about Decoud and Coleman; and then the next you see a ton of visits from Safety prospects. Some will say you overdrafted Johnson (FS); i don't agree with them. He's a smart safety who's played in a pro style defense. HE'll be in demand.

Good job

Norwood, I like it a lot. I do however think that either the first or second pick will be used for an offensive player. Either an OL or TE if i had to guess. I know you addressed the positions--i just thought they were addressed a bit late.

That being said, I have no issue with the players you selected. I'm also conflicted on the S position. In one vein you hear the Falcons talk about how excited they are about Decoud and Coleman; and then the next you see a ton of visits from Safety prospects. Some will say you overdrafted Johnson (FS); i don't agree with them. He's a smart safety who's played in a pro style defense. HE'll be in demand.

Good job

I agree with you and i think that is what we will do in the real draft. Normally i would have taken Britton at #24, but I don't think he will be available. Just the way things played out i don't think we can grab any offensive players in the first few rounds in this mock. Yea for sure on Rashad Johnson, I can't see him getting into the 3rd round. He is just too good of a player to pass up. If he does fall, i think they're will be quite a few teams wanting to trade up.

Thanks for the comments.

I agree with you and i think that is what we will do in the real draft. Normally i would have taken Britton at #24, but I don't think he will be available. Just the way things played out i don't think we can grab any offensive players in the first few rounds in this mock. Yea for sure on Rashad Johnson, I can't see him getting into the 3rd round. He is just too good of a player to pass up. If he does fall, i think they're will be quite a few teams wanting to trade up.

Thanks for the comments.

Cool. Johnson is intriguing because of his smartness and versatility. Also even if Decoud starts we have a hole in the STs and depth issues at the Safety position. Also, Smith and Van Gorder seem to favor rotating players at all defensive spots. YOu can almost see Decoud playing cb in nickel and dime situations and Johnson in at FS, with Coleman at the SS spot. That's a pretty good group of pass theives on the field at the same time.

I'd be willing to use 5a, 5b or 6 on Wiley, so if we got him for nothing I would be so happy!! I'd probably prefer Brandon Pettigrew and Macho Harris in the 1st & 2nd, but it's a really nice mock. Good work!

Thanks.

In my older mock i was working on, that i didn't post, i had us taking Mike Mickens in the 3rd round. Then i read an article that said Smith and the coaching staff will not be targeting a CB early to replace Foxworth. I think they are happy with Chevis Jackson's progress and Hutchins is healthy.

lol I would have taken Otis Wiley in the 3rd a few weeks ago.

Cool. Johnson is intriguing because of his smartness and versatility. Also even if Decoud starts we have a hole in the STs and depth issues at the Safety position. Also, Smith and Van Gorder seem to favor rotating players at all defensive spots. YOu can almost see Decoud playing cb in nickel and dime situations and Johnson in at FS, with Coleman at the SS spot. That's a pretty good group of pass theives on the field at the same time.

Good point.

lol @ pass thieves

awesome bro, i couldnt agree more about Otis Wiley, i feel exactly the same about Ingram with the injury problems.

Do you know if we were up in Canada to scout Martin?? would be very interesting to know.

Very nice draft, esp in the mid levels, deff different to how our would go but like it alot

awesome bro, i couldnt agree more about Otis Wiley, i feel exactly the same about Ingram with the injury problems.

Do you know if we were up in Canada to scout Martin?? would be very interesting to know.

Very nice draft, esp in the mid levels, deff different to how our would go but like it alot

All i know is that there were 20 NFL teams that showed up to his workout. He hasn't planned a visit yet with the Falcons, but they might contact him for a visit the following week. We should find out soon :D

Thanks for the comments man.

Not a big fan of Ziggy but besides that I like it a lot. Solid picks. Love Jason Williams in the 3rd

Not a fan of Ziggy, or is it that your a big fan of Pettigrew? :P

Well Norwood you have encured my wrath. Here is my comments and breakdown on your draft. MUAHAHAHA!

1) Ziggy Hood- Well I am not crazy about Hood. I feel he(like every other DT in this draft) is vastly overrated. I understand the “you can never have enough lineman” mentality, I just don’t feel that Hood is very good value for our first round pick. He isn’t a nose tackle which is our position of need and Babs is our “iron man”. The dude never comes out! I’d say he plays 90% of the defensive snaps so drafting a guy for the purpose of rotating with Babs is kind of off base. I’m not going to bash you too bad though, because as a fellow mocker I know how freakin hard it is to mock our first round pick. I am almost positive we are trading either up or down. My two top choices for our 1st round pick are Brandon Pettigrew and Brian Cushing. I feel like these two players can be day one starters.

2) Rashad Johnson- I am not crazy about these safeties coming out of college. Though out of the group I think Rashad is the most underrated. I like his leadership skills and I believe he can develop into a year two starter. I am way too in love with the Safeties that can be coming out next season. Just as you think Nicholas can be our starter at OLB I think Decoud or Fudge can be our starter at Safety. So I would pick safety later on or not at all.

3) Jason Williams- Shhhhhh don’t tell anybody but the Falcons have been scouting the crap out of Williams. Great pick here, and that’s all I feel I have to say here.

4) T.J. Lang- I am sold on us getting Andrew Gardner. I feel h has more value with our 5th pick rather than take Lang with our 4th. Either way we are going for a guy that represents depth. I think we could get a project DT here that can go in our NT rotation here.

5) Roy Miller- I do like Roy Miller. He hasn’t ridden a wave of stock up or down so his value is fairly represented. I would not be upset with this pick.

5) Henry Melton- Eh, back to back Texas lineman is a little homerish. Haha.I called you a homer. Anywho Im sold on the best value available. A guy who has seen his stock fallen like Brandon Williams is my pick here.

7) John Phillips- Love it. Plain and simple.

Overall decent job. The mocks this year are so difficult because of our probability to trade up or down.

im working on a 2 round mock of my own so a 3 rounder is very impressive so good job on that. ill go through and drop some comments on picks i may disagree with.

crabtree- do you really think the rams will pick him over jason smith? i think hes good but his stock has slid just a little bit wouldnt you say? i dont think hes a great bet for the top 5 anymore to be honest. i really think they will end up going with smith here.

maclin- i agree with this pick and i have it in my mock as well, i just wanted to bring that up.

raji- i dont have this pick, this is where i have crabtree going, but this is a tough pick for me. the first 6 i feel like i have a good handle on what the teams might do. the lions i think will go with stafford, the rams will go with smith, the chiefs with curry, the seahawks with monroe, the browns with orakpo (though if edwards is actually being shopped then crabtree is an option here, but that seems like a huge waste to trade a former #3 overall pick for a 2nd and a player and then spend another top 5 selection on a WR) and the chiefs with andre smith. you have something similar, just a couple differences. the raiders make it tricky because al davis is batsh*t crazy so hes hard to predict. however its rare for him to draft defensive tackles so i feel like raji is an unlikely pick even though i think hed be a great fit there. as i said i have them getting maclin, i can see davis passing on crabtree somehow. then i have the jags getting crabtree, but they could pick maclin if available, crabtree, raji, an OT like oher or smith perhaps or maybe even sanchez. the jags just seem like a total crapshoot to me which bothers me, but WR is a ginormous need so i gave them crabtree but i see what youre doing with raji.

jackson- why give the bills a stout run defender and a good 3-4 DE prospect when they are desperate for a pass rush? i think a speed rusher makes way more sense than jackson here.

wells- i dont think the texans will use a 1st round pick on a complementary back for steve slaton, but thats jmo. it just seems like bad value.

laurinaitis- why do you think the lions will draft him? im just curious. is it to play MLB? i feel like eben britton would be a much better investment here. i dont think he would be ready right away, but after a year or so he could be ready to start and i think a year more of jeff backus wouldnt be terrible. then britton could start at LT and cherilus would have 2 years at RT already and tah-dah! stafford doesnt get killed by DE's when he starts in his 2nd year. thats jmo, you know the lions way better than i do.

for what its worth britton would be great for the vikings i think. he would start at RT either as a rookie or in his 2nd season and then make mckinnie expendable at some point which i think they might like.

maybin- i dont think he will make a good 3-4 OLB. thats jmo. he looks kind of stiff when he runs or when he is in space and i feel like that would be a huge detriment in the 3-4.

those are my comments for the 1st round i think. heres what i think of the packers and vikings drafts, then the falcons one:

packers- everette brown, ron brace, mitch king and tony kropog.

brown- good realistic pick. i am not very high on brown personally and i think he may end up being a bust, but he is a good fit as a developmental OLB prospect and the packers arent going to find anyone ready to walk in and contribute at a high level at OLB at #9. also i dont think they will be playing all 3-4 next year since they wont quite have the personnel, so he would have some time as a 4-3 RE too id guess.

brace- great pick, absolutely great pick.

king- eh... i dont know about this one. i like the focus on the front 7 and the defensive line, but they could use some CB help as well. tramon williams is decent depth, but he is not future starter material imo. plus im not a huge fan of king for whatever reason.

kropog- i dont know a ton about him, but i dont know how great of a fit he is in the ZBS. one guy i really like for the packers at OT is Xavier Fulton. he might be a slight bit of a reach here but i dont think the packers are too shy about that kind of thing (see justin harell if you doubt me) so i could really see him being picked here where you have kropog. overall very nice draft.

vikings- eben britton, sen'derrick marks and mike mickens.

this draft would be freakin unbelievable for the vikings in my honest opinion. RT is a huge need and unless john sullivan doesnt fill the void left by birk at C well it is really the only need on the oline right now. so that is a great pick.

marks is one of the dts i really like in this draft. i like him and ziggy hood a lot. he would be good to play at UT behind k-will, he would learn a lot from him. not to mention theyd finally have some depth inside. they need that.

and mickens... man i love mickens and if they got him in the 3rd it would be GREAT for them. this is a good value (imo at least) plus i really like mickens as a prospect and they need some CB help. griffin had his moments last year but he just doesnt seem consistent and i dont think he has good ball skills and mccauley just doesnt seem to ever have an impact at all. mickens would be a good nickel cb and imo an eventual starter.

great draft for the vikes.

now the falcons draft:

ziggy hood- i really like ziggy hood and i see the direction youre going here but im just not sure this is what we will do on draft day. i like the player but i dont know if getting a UT to rotate with babs is a high priority for us, and i really dont think its high enough of a priority to pick him at #24. the DT class was shallow last year and despite our obvious need we didnt pick one because we didnt like the value. and while the dt class this year is certainly better except for its lack of elite talent it is not that great. for that reason i think we will wait until later in the draft to pick up a one dimensional run stuffer to help us at NT and im not sure we will pick someone up to rotate with babs at all. i might like to, but moorehead wasnt too bad rotating with him last year when he did. i like ziggy... but i dont think we will go in this direction.

johnson- i love this pick and i really like johnson.

williams- i have this same pick in my falcons mock (that im obviously currently editing) but i think its going to stay that way regardless. i really like this kid and i know youve been high on him for a while. i just love this pick.

lang- as i understand it this guy will be an OG on the next level but he would be depth at OG and OT so that would be good for us. i just dont think he would ever be a starting RT. but with blalock, clabo and dahl as OG's (assuming one of clabo and dahl became depth at OG) i dont know if a backup OG is necessary in the 4th. jmo.

miller- i love this guy. i really like him, terrence knighton and i kind of like myron pryor. i personally think the people on here who think he is some kind of unstoppable force are overrating him because if he wasnt he wouldnt be available in the 5th or 6th round, but what the heck do i know i guess. i love miller because hes good versus the run, has a great motor, plays ST's if i remember correctly and even comes in on the goal line and sometimes even as a lead blocker. i love that.

melton- this guy has the best last name ever: mine! i wonder if were related. if he is, then he is destined for unimaginable greatness. if not then he may still end up as reliable depth. either way id be totally cool with this guy on the team. we need more meltons on the squad.

i personally was shocked that you didnt have otis wiley getting picked norwood. and i just read somewhere that the lions scheduled a private workout with terrence taylor and are reportedly starting contract negotiations that would make him the #1 pick. thoughts on that?

anyways, i think wiley would be worth a shot in the 6th. jmo.

overall, great work. i had some critiques as i always seem to but it was good stuff. thanks for the read. ill have mine done... eventually. lol

-Mr. Offseason

Well Norwood you have encured my wrath. Here is my comments and breakdown on your draft. MUAHAHAHA!

1) Ziggy Hood- Well I am not crazy about Hood. I feel he(like every other DT in this draft) is vastly overrated. I understand the “you can never have enough lineman” mentality, I just don’t feel that Hood is very good value for our first round pick. He isn’t a nose tackle which is our position of need and Babs is our “iron man”. The dude never comes out! I’d say he plays 90% of the defensive snaps so drafting a guy for the purpose of rotating with Babs is kind of off base. I’m not going to bash you too bad though, because as a fellow mocker I know how freakin hard it is to mock our first round pick. I am almost positive we are trading either up or down. My two top choices for our 1st round pick are Brandon Pettigrew and Brian Cushing. I feel like these two players can be day one starters.

I really think he will be a great guy to have on the DL. That is worst case scenario though, that he cannot play NT, so he will rotate with Babs at UT. Many people do think he could be a NT which would be great. I like him because he is a good penetrater and would give us an extra boost to our pass-rush. I also don't think Babs can play 90% of the time. That is asking A LOT for a DT. This way we can keep a great rotation going and have both Hood and Babs fresh in the late stages of the game.

2) Rashad Johnson- I am not crazy about these safeties coming out of college. Though out of the group I think Rashad is the most underrated. I like his leadership skills and I believe he can develop into a year two starter. I am way too in love with the Safeties that can be coming out next season. Just as you think Nicholas can be our starter at OLB I think Decoud or Fudge can be our starter at Safety. So I would pick safety later on or not at all.

That's just difference of opinion. Fudge though...? lol

3) Jason Williams- Shhhhhh don’t tell anybody but the Falcons have been scouting the crap out of Williams. Great pick here, and that’s all I feel I have to say here.

Yes sir

4) T.J. Lang- I am sold on us getting Andrew Gardner. I feel h has more value with our 5th pick rather than take Lang with our 4th. Either way we are going for a guy that represents depth. I think we could get a project DT here that can go in our NT rotation here.

I like Gardner too but the reason i think Lang is better for us is that he can give us depth at every position on the OL. He is very versatile.

5) Roy Miller- I do like Roy Miller. He hasn’t ridden a wave of stock up or down so his value is fairly represented. I would not be upset with this pick.

Me neither.

5) Henry Melton- Eh, back to back Texas lineman is a little homerish. Haha.I called you a homer. Anywho Im sold on the best value available. A guy who has seen his stock fallen like Brandon Williams is my pick here.

lol Texas homer. I really like Brandon Williams too and i think he can be a legit pass-rusher, but i have the Lions taking him in the late 3rd in the mock.

7) John Phillips- Love it. Plain and simple.

Good stuff.

Overall decent job. The mocks this year are so difficult because of our probability to trade up or down.

Thanks and i agree 100%

crabtree- do you really think the rams will pick him over jason smith? i think hes good but his stock has slid just a little bit wouldnt you say? i dont think hes a great bet for the top 5 anymore to be honest. i really think they will end up going with smith here.

I know that many people say Crabtree's stock has fallen but IMO he is probably the best prospect in this draft and i can't see the Rams passing on him even if WR might not be as big of a need as LT. It reminds me of the situation 2 years ago when the Lions opted to take Calvin Johnson. Also to compensate for the lack of a OT selection in the 1st round, i have the Rams taking Jamon Meredith in the 2nd.

raji- i dont have this pick, this is where i have crabtree going, but this is a tough pick for me. the first 6 i feel like i have a good handle on what the teams might do. the lions i think will go with stafford, the rams will go with smith, the chiefs with curry, the seahawks with monroe, the browns with orakpo (though if edwards is actually being shopped then crabtree is an option here, but that seems like a huge waste to trade a former #3 overall pick for a 2nd and a player and then spend another top 5 selection on a WR) and the chiefs with andre smith. you have something similar, just a couple differences. the raiders make it tricky because al davis is batsh*t crazy so hes hard to predict. however its rare for him to draft defensive tackles so i feel like raji is an unlikely pick even though i think hed be a great fit there. as i said i have them getting maclin, i can see davis passing on crabtree somehow. then i have the jags getting crabtree, but they could pick maclin if available, crabtree, raji, an OT like oher or smith perhaps or maybe even sanchez. the jags just seem like a total crapshoot to me which bothers me, but WR is a ginormous need so i gave them crabtree but i see what youre doing with raji.

Your right about Al Davis, **** i wouldn't be surprised if he decided to take Heyward-Bay at #7. I also agree with you on the Jags. They have so many needs and so many different ways the could go in the draft. I think they will got with Raji only because they saw how much they missed Stroud, and a dominating DL.

jackson- why give the bills a stout run defender and a good 3-4 DE prospect when they are desperate for a pass rush? i think a speed rusher makes way more sense than jackson here.

Other then DE i think one of the Bills biggest needs is another DT. They got Stroud last year but they're run defense was still iffy. Tyson Jackson would be a great fit next to Stroud and will solidify they're DL. I also have them taking Michael Johnson in the 2nd, so they will get they're needed pass rusher.

wells- i dont think the texans will use a 1st round pick on a complementary back for steve slaton, but thats jmo. it just seems like bad value.

I know you got Clay Matthews here but i feel really good about the Texans taking Wells. He is probably the best player on the board and him and Slaton will be one of the best young duo's in the league.

laurinaitis- why do you think the lions will draft him? im just curious. is it to play MLB? i feel like eben britton would be a much better investment here. i dont think he would be ready right away, but after a year or so he could be ready to start and i think a year more of jeff backus wouldnt be terrible. then britton could start at LT and cherilus would have 2 years at RT already and tah-dah! stafford doesnt get killed by DE's when he starts in his 2nd year. thats jmo, you know the lions way better than i do.

I think Laurinaitis is a lock to go to the Lions, and yes he will play MLB. I really don't think Britton can play LT and seeing as how they already have a promising RT in Cherilus, i don't see them taking Britton.

maybin- i dont think he will make a good 3-4 OLB. thats jmo. he looks kind of stiff when he runs or when he is in space and i feel like that would be a huge detriment in the 3-4.

I really don't know but i seen a lot of mocks that have him going to 3-4 teams such as Green Bay, New England and the Dolphins.

those are my comments for the 1st round i think. heres what i think of the packers and vikings drafts, then the falcons one:

packers- everette brown, ron brace, mitch king and tony kropog.

brown- good realistic pick. i am not very high on brown personally and i think he may end up being a bust, but he is a good fit as a developmental OLB prospect and the packers arent going to find anyone ready to walk in and contribute at a high level at OLB at #9. also i dont think they will be playing all 3-4 next year since they wont quite have the personnel, so he would have some time as a 4-3 RE too id guess.

brace- great pick, absolutely great pick.

king- eh... i dont know about this one. i like the focus on the front 7 and the defensive line, but they could use some CB help as well. tramon williams is decent depth, but he is not future starter material imo. plus im not a huge fan of king for whatever reason.

kropog- i dont know a ton about him, but i dont know how great of a fit he is in the ZBS. one guy i really like for the packers at OT is Xavier Fulton. he might be a slight bit of a reach here but i dont think the packers are too shy about that kind of thing (see justin harell if you doubt me) so i could really see him being picked here where you have kropog. overall very nice draft.

Not a fan of King? He was very impressive at the senior bowl and i think he is a great mid-round 3-4 DE.

Also Kropog is ideal for a ZBS, I've seen him compared to Ryan Clady in terms of his athleticism.

now the falcons draft:

ziggy hood- i really like ziggy hood and i see the direction youre going here but im just not sure this is what we will do on draft day. i like the player but i dont know if getting a UT to rotate with babs is a high priority for us, and i really dont think its high enough of a priority to pick him at #24. the DT class was shallow last year and despite our obvious need we didnt pick one because we didnt like the value. and while the dt class this year is certainly better except for its lack of elite talent it is not that great. for that reason i think we will wait until later in the draft to pick up a one dimensional run stuffer to help us at NT and im not sure we will pick someone up to rotate with babs at all. i might like to, but moorehead wasnt too bad rotating with him last year when he did. i like ziggy... but i dont think we will go in this direction.

Maybe TD will do it again and not pick a DT early, but he has already stated that this draft we are going to work on rebuilding our defense. We had Hood in for visits and we watched him workout. The fact that he has a non-stop motor further makes me think that he is our guy in the 1st round. The only other guys i see us taking in the 1st are Connor Barwin and Brandon Pettigrew. I really think come draft day, we should and we will, trade down.

lang- as i understand it this guy will be an OG on the next level but he would be depth at OG and OT so that would be good for us. i just dont think he would ever be a starting RT. but with blalock, clabo and dahl as OG's (assuming one of clabo and dahl became depth at OG) i dont know if a backup OG is necessary in the 4th. jmo.

The reason i like him so much is that he is versatile. He won't be just depth at OG. He will give us depth at OT and C as well. I just think he is a good guy to have in case of injuries to our OL.

miller- i love this guy. i really like him, terrence knighton and i kind of like myron pryor. i personally think the people on here who think he is some kind of unstoppable force are overrating him because if he wasnt he wouldnt be available in the 5th or 6th round, but what the heck do i know i guess. i love miller because hes good versus the run, has a great motor, plays ST's if i remember correctly and even comes in on the goal line and sometimes even as a lead blocker. i love that.

lol yea all those people that wanted Grady to lead block last year, might have their wishes come true if we get Roy Miller.

And k... 1, don't joke around like that. It's not funny and i have access to a gun and several hunting knives. And 2, I know, i know, I am a little sad, but i think Wiley may go undrafted... I have stated before that i like him as a S so much, that i would be ok with taking him in the 3rd round.

Thanks man. I appreciate your feedback. I'll be waiting for your mock, it better not disappoint :P

A well thought out and logical draft. The only thing is the first pick is not exactly a sexy pick like Cushing, James L. or Matthews would be but it does address a need. When you think about it our existing LB corp may be OK at this point. I will say with your draft our DT situation would be addressed. Another point of concern is the lack of pass rush from the LDE spot. Hopefully Davis, Biermann or even, you never know, Jamaal can pick it up because your draft does not really address that ( I don't think Melton would be an upgrade over any of those guys). I just hope to heaven that Abe stays healthy because if he goes down we are in big trouble. If that happened and Jamaal does not raise his game Jamaal will be crucified and rightly so.

A well thought out and logical draft. The only thing is the first pick is not exactly a sexy pick like Cushing, James L. or Matthews would be but it does address a need. When you think about it our existing LB corp may be OK at this point. I will say with your draft our DT situation would be addressed. Another point of concern is the lack of pass rush from the LDE spot. Hopefully Davis, Biermann or even, you never know, Jamaal can pick it up because your draft does not really address that ( I don't think Melton would be an upgrade over any of those guys). I just hope to heaven that Abe stays healthy because if he goes down we are in big trouble. If that happened and Jamaal does not raise his game Jamaal will be crucified and rightly so.

I really don't think we will take an OLB in the first. I am pretty confident with Nicholas starting and i think our coaching staff is as well. We could use depth, that's why i took Jason Williams, and have a young LB to groom for the future SLB spot.

As for DE, i really see Jamaal Anderson being cut after this season. I really do. I also believe Chauncey Davis will take his starting spot at LDE this season. Biermann has improved and i think a full off-season program will do him good. I think him and Melton will be good guys to rotate in situations where we need a pass-rush. I don't think Chauncey can do that because i see him primarily as a run-stopper more then a pass-rusher and he will be counted on more to stop the run.

one of the better drafts I've seen here. A (would be A+ if you somehow got Louis Delmas :D )

Only if we trade down my friend.

Thanks for the comments guys. Keep 'em coming!

I'm dumb. I forgot to add one of my fav UDFA. I'll update it in the first post and here.

Ashlee Palmer - WLB - Ole Miss - 6'2 - 223 - 4.59

Palmer is one of my favorite late round/UDFA prospects. I really liked Glenn Sharpe last year and we picked him up and I'm hoping we can get Palmer this year. He is an outstanding LB for the Cover 2. He is very athletic and is amazing in coverage. He plays like a safety in coverage. His athleticism allows him to make plays anywhere on the field. While he would be a long shot to get a starting spot at LB anywhere in the league, he will give any team that drafts him a heck of a ST'er.