Late as all getout....

ki46dinah

Report: FSU's Rolle going to Oxford Story Highlights

Florida State's Myron Rolle will study at Oxford instead of entering the draft

Rolle, projected to be an early pick, won a Rhodes scholarship in November

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida State safety Myron Rolle will study at Oxford instead of entering this year's NFL draft.

Rolle won a Rhodes scholarship in November and plans to seek a one-year master's degree in medical anthropology, The New York Times reported Monday in an entry on its college football blog.

"I'm very excited to go," Rolle wrote in a text message to the newspaper.

Rolle, projected to be an early round pick, said he plans to enter the 2010 NFL draft.

Rolle, from Galloway, N.J., got his undergraduate degree in pre-med after two and a half years, and has been taking graduate courses at Florida State this year.

After his NFL career, Rolle has said he plans to attend medical school and then open a clinic for the needy in the Bahamas.

------------------------------------

I'm sure someone put this up, or maybe not...I remember someone putting up stuff about when he got the scholarship, but not him formally accepting it and foregoing the NFL.

Personally, I think he made the right choice. The NFL will always be there, and its not like he will be hitting people for 2 years up in England(unless he picks up rugby...sweet). He will still only be 24 when he applies to the NFL draft.

Class act, I've always liked him, and hope he is an outstanding NFL player.

In midst of all the laziness, showboating, me first personas in pro sports....its always great to hear about people that want to impact the world in a more lasting, uplifting way.

Rolle is going to be a great doc one day....just like Jason Wright will be(the ex-Falcons RB, who went to Cleveland, and is now in AZ).

I hope he doesnt play over here - especially if cambridge have a uni team - as i will get owned when i go over the middle

I bet he gets his nose into the books hardcore....and keeps himself in shape. NFL teams dont wanna hear about him popping an ACL in England.

What a great guy. Hopefully more young football players will look up to him and see you can be a gifted athlete and still have great knowledge at the same time. I hope he has a great NFL career to match his college career. What a class act.

Unfortunately you hear more about BJ Raji and the accusations at the combine testing than you do Myron Rolle's awesome achievements. The sad thing is that people would rather hear about garbage than something like this.