Expanding beyond 16 regular season games

Interceptor430

Ok...many of us, if not all, have complained about having to pay full price for our season tickets, which include 2 home preseason games.

So, this topic was discussed at the Recent Owner's Meeting....more discussions will happen in the near future.

I think adding 1 game to the regular season schedule could be done rather easily.

Many want to tag on other changes, i.e. expanding to more than a 53 player roster. Yea, ok, let's not over complicate this!

The NFL seems to like even numbers, so my guess is that the schedule gets expanded to 18 real games and two pre-season 'tune-ups".

One significant benefit is that we would only have to listen to all of the UGA homers rant for two games about how DJ Shockley should be the #2 QB or the starter because he is 'da future', before he picks up the clipboard again as the #3.... :lol:

With apologies to GAfan/GAban.

One of the reasons i dont want the season to expand is that it means that most records will be beaten by people just because they have an extra game. Aswell as this it means peoples careers would be shortened especially RB's, people talk about the 330 wall well with an extra game people will hit that lot more often and in stead of the magic age being 30 it could go down to say 28.

One of the reasons i dont want the season to expand is that it means that most records will be beaten by people just because they have an extra game. Oswell as this it means peoples careers would be shortened especially RB's, people talk about the 330 wall well with an extra game people will hit that lot more often and in stead of the magic age being 30 it could go down to say 28.

You make some valid points; however, this has been a fact of life in the NFL for decades:

Number of regular season NFL games per team:

1935-1936 12 games

1937-1942 11 games

1943-1945 10 games

1946 11 games

1947-1960 12 games

1961-1977 14 games

1978-1981 16 games

1982 9 games (strike)

1983-86 16 games

1987 15 games (strike)

1988-present 16 games

There have been numerous historical NFL greats who had 10, 11, or 12 game season records that were 'beaten' by players who had longer seasons to accomplish the goal. The first thing to remember is that NFL football is a business and more real games vs. preseason games equals more people in the stands and more television revenue.