Panthers Fans over here

joe horn

So I've never really seen the guy play, and a quick glance at his career stats reveals little more than two things:

1). Guy was a beast in 2004

2). Guy has never, ever played a full season.

Is his immanent return something we should be rejoicing, like this guy , or is this merely another Kenny Stabler situation? Honest thoughts are appreciated.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Not a Panthers fan but if Morgan could stay healthy you all have a helluva linebacker. From what I read though not many people are expecting him to stay healthy. But, ya never know. You all might even have a defense this season. ;)

From what I'm hearing he is in the best shape he has ever been in and he hasn't been this healthy since before his rookie season.

The rest might do him some good, who knows. I think he will be good for the Saints just because of all the talent he has, when healthy he may be our best LB. Atleast that is what Pat thinks.

If Dan Morgan had any brain cells left, then he should hang it up.

Numerous brain injuries add up over the course of a lifetime...and you really feel the effects when you get to about 50 or so.

Its sad, but its true....and he would be smart just to pack it in.

From what I'm hearing he is in the best shape he has ever been in and he hasn't been this healthy since before his rookie season.

The rest might do him some good, who knows. I think he will be good for the Saints just because of all the talent he has, when healthy he may be our best LB. Atleast that is what Pat thinks.

It really doesn't matter what kind of shape his body is in, his head is still vulnerable. Prior concussions make future incidents more likely. He's had five recorded concussions. Key word being RECORDED, meaning that they were bad enough to knock him out of games. Before he retired Bill Romanowski said: "I've had a few concussions this season..." meaning that Morgan has probably suffered at least ten. You get a guy who has had multiple head injuries playing linebacker...probably not a good move.

But when healthy, guy was absolutely a Pro-Bowler. Morgan had 25 tackles in the Super Bowl. If single-game tackles were a recorded stat, Morgan would be the single-game leader in the history of the NFL.

We've heard it all before about how Morgan is in his best shape since he was a rookie and how he's ready to play and blah blah blah. He missed something like 27 of 32 games between 2006 and 2007 as a Panther. It will be a miracle if he plays a full season, ever.

yea the way he plays man, he knocks his self out, literaly

the guy is 1 concussion away from a coma man , no BS

i wouldnt want him just because i would hate to see him be carried off for the FINAL time... FINAL as in FINAL ya know

when he came back before DRs said it was Slow Suicide

i liked the way he played, but not enough to see him walk around like Ali if he walked around at all...

I didnt even know the saints got him lol...

I'm a STH for the falcons and not only that but I got up to carolina for that game each year. So I've seen falcons-panthers 16 times in the past 8 years and I can't remember hardly EVER seeing Dan Morgan play. Not only that, but if you're a SAINTS fan then you're in the same situation and if you actually have to ask about him, that should be your first clue.

yea the way he plays man, he knocks his self out, literaly

the guy is 1 concussion away from a coma man , no BS

i wouldnt want him just because i would hate to see him be carried off for the FINAL time... FINAL as in FINAL ya know

when he came back before DRs said it was Slow Suicide

i liked the way he played, but not enough to see him walk around like Ali if he walked around at all...

fine me ONE panther fan that disagrees with that! its not talking trash or anything because he plays for a rival...its serious truth. if that man has another concussion and slips into a coma (godforbid ofcourse), I would be in no way surprised. its sad but true. Its one thing to hate on your rivals and all, but no normal human being wants truly bad things to happen to other people and his situation legitimatley worries me. I wouldnt be surprised if there's RBs or WRs who see that dan morgan is about to make contact and they actually brace themselves to avoid a serious head impact so they dont hurt him more

thats pretty ruthless dude lol

I say if he plays as good as people say he can play for a good half a season then we're already better than last year by a pretty good margin.

I like Shanle, he's a nice guy ect but he's basically a camp body that never gets cut. Morgan, Vilma, and Fujita would make a pretty formidable LB corps. Who knows, maybe we'll strike gold in the 4th for a decent backup LB.

A person that I go to school with has a relative who works with the Panthers marketing group, so he gets a job every summer at their training camp. We were talking once and he said that watching Dan Morgan try to tackle somebody in training camp was funny, and that he looked scared to put his head anywhere near the play. I don't know how reliable that is, but if a ball boy notices that Dan Morgan is scared, something is probably wrong.

Saints fans will like this: the kid at school was the son of Dave Waymer's second marriage. His mother works for the Panthers now.