Steroids report looking shakier and shakier

WoTFan

So, they were talking about the steroids report today on Path to the Draft. Had their GM (can't remember his name) who used to be a GM for a team. Anyway, he says he doesn't know of anyway that those reports could have gotten out. First the people who do the tests are vaults, don't talk to anyone. Second the players are notified first, and can contest the test getting a second test done. Thirdly, the teams are usually notified of those who tested positive about a week before the draft.

So, that unreported team probably isn't a team at all.

I see a couple answers to this.

1. The site wanted to generate hits, made the story up. April Fools!

2. A unnamed team wanted to hurt the draft stocks so they would get the LBers.

3. A team has a inside man and the whole thing is true.

ding ding ding.

Problem with that explanation is that the article sites a "unnammed team" who supposedly cements the accusations. They can't know yet if they failed their tests at the combine since not even the players have gotten those results back.

All this info is from Path to the Draft from today BTW. They are the ones saying that the players haven't got the results back and that the teams won't know till a week before the draft.

EDIT:

The report came out on April 1st didn't it? If I recall right it did.

Problem with that explanation is that the article sites a "unnammed team" who supposedly cements the accusations. They can't know yet if they failed their tests at the combine since not even the players have gotten those results back.

All this info is from Path to the Draft from today BTW. They are the ones saying that the players haven't got the results back and that the teams won't know till a week before the draft.

EDIT:

Do you have a link to the report, I have not read it completely I don't think.

EDIT:

I have no idea if the Mathews and Cushing story is true but the story of BJ Raji testing positive has been picked up by reputable news outlets so he probably has gotten his test results back. One thing that is notable is that Matthews and Raji are both represented by Athletes First. They issued a strong statement refuting the Matthews story and just a non-denial for Raji. They said that no players tested positive for steroids to defend Matthews. They just said Raji is a nice guy to defend him.

There's always the chance that both tested positive on their A samples. Each player's original sample is split into two, an A and a B sample. If the A sample shows presence of a banned drug then the player is notified and the B sample is tested to check the result. So to technically test positive both the A and B samples must both have the drug in them. So there is the chance that Raji just admitted smoking weed after his A sample came back positive but Matthews is contesting the A sample result by requesting the B sample be tested as a check. The Athletes First lawyers could be making a statement that's technically correct saying Matthews hasn't been notified of a positive test but the NFLdraftbible people could be right that there were steroids in the A sample. Or it could be a false story and NFLdraftbible is about to get their *** sued off.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
So, they were talking about the steroids report today on Path to the Draft. Had their GM (can't remember his name) who used to be a GM for a team. Anyway, he says he doesn't know of anyway that those reports could have gotten out. First the people who do the tests are vaults, don't talk to anyone. Second the players are notified first, and can contest the test getting a second test done. Thirdly, the teams are usually notified of those who tested positive about a week before the draft.

So, that unreported team probably isn't a team at all.

I see a couple answers to this.

1. The site wanted to generate hits, made the story up. April Fools!

2. A unnamed team wanted to hurt the draft stocks so they would get the LBers.

3. A team has a inside man and the whole thing is true.

I'll go #2!

These people are vaults they don't tell anyone...

Except every year it comes out. These drug tests are supposed to be 100% confidential. They never are. So it goes...

It normally comes out closer to the draft when the rumors are actually true. Normally just a few days. Again, not even the NFL knows the results yet. They said only one person knows and it is the Dr. who does the test and it was said thatn he ism a vault. If he wasn't he would not be trusted to doing it. Normally it leaks from either teams after they know, which they don't right now, or someone the player trusted and told, which they don't know right now. The NFL, Teams, or the players know the results right now so how would some rink of dink web site know? My guess is it was made up. That crap happens all the time. They make a story up or run with a rumor as if they have some inside scoop. Trust me, they don't have more of an inside scoop than the NFL themselves or any of the teams.

Exactly! people are just really stupid. Steriods aren't even that bad for you. I've taken a cycle and a half and have been examined by doctors to be more than a healthy 27 year old. I have more mass than I would have naturally had being really skinny in my youth, but i had to work out hard to get it. I will never ever regret it.

Its the abuse of steroids that is dangerous, but you can say that for any drug!

Smoking cigarrettes is worse than taking steroids. Doctors PRESCRIBE steroids for injuries. ****, even allergists prescribe nasal steroids!!

Unfortunaely, some people are drawn to unsourced rumors that can stir incredile levels of drama.

I take unsourced rumors with skepticism, others take them as fact and demand proof the rumor is NOT true With me, te burdon of proof is on the unsourced source to verify, with others the urdon of proof is to prove it false.

Just read this on NFL.com..........................A website that focuses on the NFL draft recently reported that some draft-eligible players had tested positive for drugs. However, an NFL spokesman refuted that report Friday, saying “neither the 32 clubs nor the league office know the results of drug or steroid tests taken at the 2009 Combine.”

“The independent medical advisors who administer the tests have notified in writing those players –- and only those players -– who tested positive at the Combine,” the spokesman said in a statement. “Unfortunately, rumors about draft-eligible players, including rumors about test results, begin to circulate every year at this time. Many of these rumors are circulated for self-serving reasons, and they are terribly unfair to the players and their families.”

USC coach Pete Carroll was quick to defend Trojans LBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews, both of whom were named in the report. Carroll said he had talked to the drug-testing service and that Cushing and Matthews were cleared.

“These rumors are absolutely false,” said Carroll, according to USC’s official website. “If they were found positive, Clay and Cush would have been notified three weeks ago, which they weren’t, and all of the NFL teams would have been notified, too, which they weren’t.

“They’re both men of outstanding character and they never tested positive for anything here,” Carroll said. “This is an major example of irresponsible reporting, and the site that published this report should be ashamed of themselves.”

A lawyer at Athletes First, which represents Matthews, sent an e-mail to the website in question, saying, “Neither Clay nor our office has received notification of any positive test, whether for steroids or any banned substance.”

The lawyer also pointed out that the league hasn’t received the results of the drug tests and that teams haven’t been notified either.

Illinois CB Vontae Davis was also mentioned in the report. His representatives at France All Pro Athlete Management Inc. issued the following statement: “Neither Vontae nor our office has received any notification of any positive test, whether for marijuana or any other banned substance. In addition, we have been informed by several of our NFL contacts that they have not been notified of any drug testing results from the combine.”