Falcons schedule private visit for

theProf

Falcons Will Welcome Top Safety

By Doug Farrar

Falcon Insider

Posted Apr 3, 2009

The Falcons have an obvious need at strong safety in the wake of Lawyer Milloy's departure. To fill that hole, they're welcoming one of the best draft-eligible safeties to Flowery Branch this weekend.

Scout.com's Chris Steuber reports that Missouri safety William Moore will visit the Falcons this upcoming weekend. Moore, who played free and strong safety in college, is currently rated as the second-best strong safety behind Oregon's Patrick Chung, who has also caught the Falcons' interest. The team needs a replacement for veteran Lawyer Milloy, who was not asked back after starting 15 games in 2008.

Moore's best season came in 2007, when he set a school record with eight interceptions and was named Second team All-Big 12. Moore was slowed by injuries in 2008, and he had a very rough Senior Bowl week, but he rebounded at his Pro Day on March 5, running a sub-4.4-40 by one stopwatch. Finally healthy, Moore is ready to prove his worth.

"It was a minor pain," Moore said at the Combine of the foot injury he suffered in the 2008 season opener against Illinois. "We tried to be cautious with it, but we didn't get to heal it all the way. It was one of those things I had to battle with throughout the season."

And what did he want to prove in Indianapolis? "I wanted to prove I'm one of the best safeties in this draft. It's not a fluke what you saw in 2007, it's just you deal with injuries sometimes and you have to bounce back from it. I'm trying to prove that I'm 100 percent and in my best shape."

Moore believes that his 2008 season, where he overcame adversity, shows as much as the more statistically impressive 2007. "The 2008 film is very important, because they know what I an do good on the field. They're curious about my production. Why did it slip? They want to look at 2008 to see if it was my ability or my position or was it my durability as far as being healthy. I feel like 2008 is very important. I also go back and watch that film and see what can I do different.

"I worked harder after the 2007 season to get better. But you face injuries sometimes. I worked harder, it just didn't pan out the way I hoped."

Now, William Moore has another chance to get back in the groove. And the Falcons could benefit from his ability to rebound.

Doug Farrar is the Publisher of Falcon Insider. He also writes for Football Outsiders, the Washington Post, ESPN.com, and the Seattle Times. Feel free to e-mail Doug

http://atl.scout.com/2/853175.html

William Moore

Height: 6-01/8 | Weight: 221 | 40-Time: 4.53

Official Bio

Strengths:

Outstanding size with long arms...Muscular with great bulk...A great athlete...Tough and physical...A big hitter who strikes fear into the hearts of the opposition...Does a terrific job against the run...Has excellent range...Explosive with a burst to close...Decent hands and ball skills...Has shown the ability to make plays in coverage...Real versatile...Productive...Strong work ethic...A team leader and captain.

Weaknesses:

Durability is a concern...Questionable instincts...Can be slow to read and react...Misses too many tackles...Too aggressive at times...Lacks fluid hips...Speed is merely average...Will struggle to match up with wideouts in man coverage...Needs to face the action...Lets emotions gets the best of him ... Might be more effective if he lost a little weight.

Notes:

Was a two year starter for the Tigers...Began his college career as a cornerback...A 2nd Team All-American in 2007...Previously wore #21...Missed three games with a hamstring injury in 2005 and later required offseason surgery to place a screw in his broken foot...Underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder following the 2007 season...Was hindered by foot and rib injuries for most of his senior season...Was kept near the line a lot in 2008 and that was a big reason for the drop in his interception totals...Hybrid who has been used in a variety of different roles and has the ability to operate like a free safety, strong safety or corner...Impressive physical specimen who looked like a future Top 10 overall pick at one point...Stock dropped a bit as a senior but he still has a lot of potential.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Statistics

Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS

2004 RS - - - -

2005 9 30 2 1 62

2006 13 51 8 1 22

2007 14 117 6 8 61

2008 12 86 6 1 17

Totals 48 284 22 11 162

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingrepo...lliam-Moore.php

i like Moore a lot and if we can get him in the 2nd I would be happy but am still more of a fan of playing DeCoud and Coleman as our S duo and then get our future S in the great S class in the 2010 draft(Maybe Berry signs up)