Falcons Will Welcome Top Safety

atljbo

Link

Falcons Will Welcome Top Safety Premium Story

William Moore (Missouri Athletics)

By Doug Farrar

Falcon Insider

Date: Apr 3, 2009

The Falcons have an obvious need at strong safety in the wake of Lawyer Milloy's departure. To fill that hole, they're welcoming one of the best draft-eligible safeties to Flowery Branch this weekend.

William Moore is making a visit

PS. I have a feeling that TD is going to trade the 24th pick for a high 2nd round pick and more draft picks

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

TD & Co. must think pretty highly of this guy, or they wouldn't be bringing him in. I think I'd be o.k. seeing him in a Falcon's uni.

And about the Falcons trading their 24th pick, I don't think it'll happen. JMO. I think we'll go for Defense first (i.e. LB, DE, S, & CB).

at 24, and then seek the best player available after that.

I truly don't think we're through in free agency, either. There's several FAs out there that we can get, that won't break the bank,

to give us more depth on the O-line and D-line, and even some guys who could come in and be major contributors on Spec. Teams.

Can't wait 'til the draft!!!!!!! I'm sick of hearing about what Mike Vick is going to do.....and concerning the Falcons, that's all the news we hear.

GO BIRDS!

TD & Co. must think pretty highly of this guy, or they wouldn't be bringing him in. I think I'd be o.k. seeing him in a Falcon's uni.

And about the Falcons trading their 24th pick, I don't think it'll happen. JMO. I think we'll go for Defense first (i.e. LB, DE, S, & CB).

at 24, and then seek the best player available after that.

I truly don't think we're through in free agency, either. There's several FAs out there that we can get, that won't break the bank,

to give us more depth on the O-line and D-line, and even some guys who could come in and be major contributors on Spec. Teams.

Can't wait 'til the draft!!!!!!! I'm sick of hearing about what Mike Vick is going to do.....and concerning the Falcons, that's all the news we hear.

GO BIRDS!

Its not unusual to bring in prospects this time of the year.

I bet they want to see his ability to cover 1st hand... if he proves he can cover half the field in a cover 2 system, he could be a beast with some coaching. From what I saw this year, I don't really think he fits our system, hopefully TD sees something that tells him otherwise.

Dimitroff says he's looking for a "tough hombre...a 220-pound-plus guy" to replace free agent Lawyer Milloy. DeCoud is only 6'2/185. The former Cal Bear will likely resume third safety and special teams duties next season.

Feb. 21 - 7:10 p.m. ET

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Dimitroff says he's looking for a "tough hombre...a 220-pound-plus guy" to replace free agent Lawyer Milloy. DeCoud is only 6'2/185. The former Cal Bear will likely resume third safety and special teams duties next season.

Feb. 21 - 7:10 p.m. ET

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I'm pretty sure you just misquoted him:

"We just used to look for that tough hombre, that strong safety,” Dimitroff said. “The guy that is going to step up there and fill the hole, real strong. A 220-pound-plus guy. Now, ideally we’d like to get to a situation where you have interchangeable safeties.”

AJC