How Many FA's Left? Tank Johnson Visits the Bengals.

sporkdevil

"Tank Johnson visits Bengals

7:34 PM Thu, Apr 02, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Todd Archer E-mail News tips

A few weeks ago the Bengals visited with safety Roy Williams. This week, they have visited with nose tackle Tank Johnson.

Johnson spent the last two seasons with the Cowboys after he was cut by Chicago following an arrest for drunk driving that was eventually thrown out. Johnson had 45 tackles last season with one sack, three tackles for loss and nine quarterback pressures. He also forced a fumble last year ... against the Bengals at Texas Stadium.

The news regarding Johnson's future employment has been a little slow since he declared, "I'm a free agent, baby," walking off the field at Philadelphia following the 44-6 loss."

He has beautiful size for a 4-3 DT. He would be cheap with loads of upside. Worst case scenario, we cut him and never look back. And our defense would be greatly improved with a proven DT.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives...ts-bengals.html

"Tank Johnson visits Bengals

7:34 PM Thu, Apr 02, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Todd Archer E-mail News tips

A few weeks ago the Bengals visited with safety Roy Williams. This week, they have visited with nose tackle Tank Johnson.

Johnson spent the last two seasons with the Cowboys after he was cut by Chicago following an arrest for drunk driving that was eventually thrown out. Johnson had 45 tackles last season with one sack, three tackles for loss and nine quarterback pressures. He also forced a fumble last year ... against the Bengals at Texas Stadium.

The news regarding Johnson's future employment has been a little slow since he declared, "I'm a free agent, baby," walking off the field at Philadelphia following the 44-6 loss."

He has beautiful size for a 4-3 DT. He would be cheap with loads of upside. Worst case scenario, we cut him and never look back. And our defense would be greatly improved with a proven DT.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives...ts-bengals.html

id like him and roy if roy put on soms lbs and played wlb

I would love him to be on the team. Cheap and effective. Give him an incentive laden contract, and he will work hard.

I think we should at least kick his tires. We really need some DT help, and boy would he help. Seriously, two years ago he was cut from Chicago for speeding. And not by much. He is a 27 year old DT who could have really grown up, and has plenty of gas in the tank. Lord knows we could use him as at least a rotational DT.

id like him and roy if roy put on soms lbs and played wlb

I'd prefer to give Roy some time to improve in coverage, but really, he is better all around than Milloy. And he will probably be the same price. He seems like what we want. The players we have put on the field have been much bigger on stopping the run than the pass.

I would like if we at least checked him out (just like Tank) and see if we can at least give them a partial role in our system. Some depth at DT and SS wouldn't hurt anyone (do we have depth at either position?)

Reading the comments, I didn't see any griping about his play so much as his attitude.

Maybe a change of scenery would help him

But I'm also wondering if there have been few takers because he's asking too much.

Unfortunately, Atlanta isnt generally the best change in scenery for people who like to drink and have a good time. The nightlife is too good here, some athletes just cant handle it. Brett Favre for instance. Among many other players.

I'd prefer to give Roy some time to improve in coverage, but really, he is better all around than Milloy. And he will probably be the same price. He seems like what we want. The players we have put on the field have been much bigger on stopping the run than the pass.

I would like if we at least checked him out (just like Tank) and see if we can at least give them a partial role in our system. Some depth at DT and SS wouldn't hurt anyone (do we have depth at either position?)

I wouldnt call it depth, we have bodies tho.

Unfortunately, Atlanta isnt generally the best change in scenery for people who like to drink and have a good time. The nightlife is too good here, some athletes just cant handle it. Brett Favre for instance. Among many other players.

:lol:

That's a good point.

I was really thinking about the coaches we have and team atmosphere.

I can't imagine any player not looking at the Falcons now as a desirable goal.

But yeah, you're right--it's still Atlanta