Have you checked the schedule yet? Here is a quick summary:

1. We have the fourth hardest strength of schedule

2. We have home games against - CAR, NO, TB, PHI, WAS, CHI, BUF and MIA

3. We have away games against - CAR, NO, TB, DAL, NYG, SF, NE and NYJ

4. We have 5 games against 2008 playoff teams

5. We play 11 games against teams with winning records in 2008

6. We have 7 games against top 10 offenses

7. We have 7 games against top 10 defenses

8. Our defense will have to deal with the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Donovan McNabb, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Chad Pennington, Clinton Portis, Deangelo Williams, Thomas Jones, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Derrick Ward, Brian Westbrook, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber, Earnest Graham, Ricky Williams, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Santana Moss, Antonio Bryant, Chris Cooley, Wes Welker, Lee Evans, Jason Whitten, Lance Moore, Mushin Muhammad, DeSean Jackson, Jericcho Cotchery, Devery Henderson and Ted Ginn Jr

Do you think we can win 9 games?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see 10 we should win and a possible 2 or 3 more if all goes well.

Win: Carolina (home), New Orleans (home), Tampa (home), Tampa (away), Philly (payback time), Buffalo, Miami, San Fran, Washington, Jets.

Add in Dallas, Chicago, and another division win on the road for the other few.

EDIT:

D@mn joremari, we see the exact same thing!

I see 10 we should win and a possible 2 or 3 more if all goes well.

Win: Carolina (home), New Orleans (home), Tampa (home), Tampa (away), Philly (payback time), Buffalo, Miami, San Fran, Washington, Jets.

Add in Dallas, Chicago, and another division win on the road for the other few.

EDIT:

D@mn joremari, we see the exact same thing!

great minds think alike :D

Ok I'll talk about this again. You can't tell what shape or how well these teams will be playing when they come here. Teams that are good one year may not be at the time we play them this year.

I don't fear the schedule in fact I pick us to finish with the same record of 11-5 but actually be an improved team and also ready to go deeper into the playoffs this season.

I absolutly love the fact that Matt Ryan is already back and working to get better. The guy just took a bit of time off and he's back trying to improve. Love that attitude!

I think we will be just fine. Besides we want to play the best teams out there. Thats the only way we are going to get beeter and get some respect around the league. I say a possible 10-6. It can happen if this team plays with more additude then last year. I say get cocky and put that ball where the sun don't shine.

I agree we may just miss out on breaking the curse this year. Not only because of the schedule, but we will have to expect an awful lot from what is a young team including finding rookies to fill key spots on the D.

However the foundations that TD & Coach Smitty are laying will I'm sure turn us into perennial contenders. That millstone around around our neck will be removed sooner rather than later.

No one here knows how good all those teams will be. Did everyone know how good the Falcons and Dolphins were going to be at this time last year???? We were assumed Ws on everyone schedule.

no need to panic, we can figure out the true strength of schedule at the END of thisyear, you guys are looking at LAST YEARS strength of schedule.

last year is over

I agree we may just miss out on breaking the curse this year. Not only because of the schedule, but we will have to expect an awful lot from what is a young team including finding rookies to fill key spots on the D.
Man I hope we can do it. We have a lot of hurdles though:

1. Schedule. We play the NFC South, NFC East and AFC East. Arguably the three best divisions in football. Plus CHI. Murder

2. We will likely have to replace six defensive starters on a defense that was a sieve against mediocre teams against the run and the pass

3. Possible sophomore slump from Ryan who tailed off in his last four games

4. Possible injury bug. That's what usually killed us in the second year of the back to backs

5. If we re-sign Roddy he might still have the dropsies. He dropped the pass that would have broken the back to back in 2005. Bad omen

However the foundations that TD & Coach Smitty are laying will I'm sure turn us into perennial contenders. That millstone around around our neck will be removed sooner rather than later.
It is very hard to be a perrenial winner in the NFL in this era. Free agency and the salary cap changed the game. Only a few teams have pulled it off. NE, PIT, IND, PHI and maybe NYG. That about it. The capless year could help next year but it will be a challenge.

This is the 42nd time we've tried this back to back thing. I hope we can do it. Some of us are running out of time.

8. Our defense will have to deal with the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Donovan McNabb, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Chad Pennington, Clinton Portis, Deangelo Williams, Thomas Jones, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Derrick Ward, Brian Westbrook, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber, Earnest Graham, Ricky Williams, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Santana Moss, Antonio Bryant, Chris Cooley, Wes Welker, Lee Evans, Jason Whitten, Lance Moore, Mushin Muhammad, DeSean Jackson, Jericcho Cotchery, Devery Henderson and Ted Ginn Jr

thing is those teams have to play m ryan , m turner, r white, hd, norwood and co aswell...

and some of those Ds wont be top 10 this yr , esp if philly was in that group, the heart and soul of their D is in Den now... and think about this, Min was the BEST D in the NFC last yr , and we did ok vs them at their place... and remember all the other South teams have pretty much the same road we do, we hold down the Div we will be fine man, i can almost bet you those teams arent looking forward to facing Falcons high Octane Offense, esp the ones who have to come to the Dome, and looking at it, if there is no drop off by our Offense, we could easily split those road games....

See the thing is you can't really tell that these teams are going to be great next year. We won't know until the season starts. Sure it looks tough on paper and I personally hope it is tough and we do get challenged a lot, that will show the true character of our team. Lets just have some fun next year!

Thats correct but we must focus at every game and take it very serious , thats gonna help ..

See the thing is you can't really tell that these teams are going to be great next year. We won't know until the season starts. Sure it looks tough on paper and I personally hope it is tough and we do get challenged a lot, that will show the true character of our team. Lets just have some fun next year!

What a shock a ManU fan from London... Glory Glory Hunter. Could you even find Salford on a map!