Bears aqquire Cutler

pick-ups

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
There goes the buccies piece of the puzzle???

I'd say it's pretty much a given that we'll take Freeman @ #19 now. At least we don't have to worry about Chicago taking him @ #18.

I'll just be able to give my vocal chords a rest for the 2009 season. Chit, I'm old, I needed a rest anyway.

Hey, I'll be thrilled with 8-8!

I see us starting out slowly and gaining momentum as the season goes on similar to Dungy's first season in '96. We lost our first 5 games and finished 6-10 winning 5 of our last 7.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Like I said, there's no room in this division for another high caliber QB like Brees. ^_^ :P

Hey numbnut, Ryan at this stage of his career his way better than Brees was. So it stands to reason once he's been in the league as long as Brees he'll be MUCH better.

Hey numbnut, Ryan at this stage of his career his way better than Brees was. So it stands to reason once he's been in the league as long as Brees he'll be MUCH better.

Brees also had shyt for a team in the beginning, but anyway. Look man, I see it as "not much different if they had started Matt Schaub instead of Matt Ryan." Check the stats. Not anywhere near Manning or Brady, or lord forbid Brees stats. If that time comes for Ryan, then I will worry about it. Vince Young was also ROY, so you see. ;)

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Brees also had shyt for a team in the beginning, but anyway. Look man, I see it as "not much different if they had started Matt Schaub instead of Matt Ryan." CHECK THE STATS. Not anywhere near Manning or Brady, or lord forbid Brees stats. If that time comes for Ryan, then I will worry about it. Vince Young was also ROY, so you see. ;)

I gotta a better idea. You check the stats. Just keep doing it for about 48 to 60 months and get back to us afterward and tell us what you found.Until then leave RC to the adults. :lol:

we knew he was worth alot, i dont know...kinda reminds me of the h walker deal in 91, vikes gave up about the same to cowboys, Dalls won 3 super Bowls with the guys they drafted... only time will tell

Think about it, Chicago is a team that relys on running the football and defense to win. How does Cutler help them? They won't change their philosophy because of one guy.

saints fans: would you give up what the Bears did to acquire a 25 year old Brees?

falcons fans: would you give up that much for Ryan?

No.

Two first rounders, a third rounder, and a decent QB for a guy who has proven to not be a leader, makes many bad decisions, and is a hot head? I'd pass.

saints fans: would you give up what the Bears did to acquire a 25 year old Brees?

falcons fans: would you give up that much for Ryan?

Maybe,

as our Defense is right now, i would have to say no... but if M Ryan comes out and lights it up again, then no way would i trade him for even 3 first rounders .. you dont trade Francise QBs , i hear they are kinda hard to replace....

luckily we dont have to worrie about trading for M Ryan B)

MEL AGEE (DL) UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS

i remember him, he was a D Tackle right ? he was good when he was here... i remeber playing super tecmo bowl and the montana sega game with him, he got alot of sacks when i played as Tuggle and just ran storm blitz up the middle, the Guard and Takle on mels side would double Tuggle and agee was in the back field every time lol

but yea i remember him, he was good

If this is what it took to get him I can see why we passed.

i dont know man, if he takes them to the super bowl would he be worth it ?

probably yea huh...

anything less than that , yea i agree its to much....

Bears do have some pieces in place tho, Forte was lights out as a rook, we all know there D can play, they have a decent TE , I think D hester may become a decent wr.... they went to the Super Bowl with pretty much the same group they have now... we will see i guess

on the other hand, if bears go 8-8 this will be a horrid move , esp if Den is better than Ave.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
i dont know man, if he takes them to the super bowl would he be worth it ?

probably yea huh...

anything less than that , yea i agree its to much....

Bears do have some pieces in place tho, Forte was lights out as a rook, we all know there D can play, they have a decent TE , I think D hester may become a decent wr.... they went to the Super Bowl with pretty much the same group they have now... we will see i guess

on the other hand, if bears go 8-8 this will be a horrid move , esp if Den is better than Ave.

If they win a super bowl, HeII yes it's worth it. Just like Gruden was worth it, i just don't see it happening with the receivers they have.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Personally I think it was to much for the 17-20 Cutler? I understand why they did it but I think they'll find in the end Jay will not measure up to the two 1st rounders and a QB!

17-20?????????????? The guy is 13-1 when his frigging defense showed up!

I'm actually kind of surprised we didn't do it. I think had Gruden & Allen been here we would have done it in a heartbeat but Morris & Dominick want to put their own stamp on this team and do something Gruden never would or could........................groom a young quarterback. I'll be surprised if we don't take Freeman even if Sanchez were still available @ #19.

17-20?????????????? The guy is 13-1 when his frigging defense showed up!

I'm actually kind of surprised we didn't do it. I think had Gruden & Allen been here we would have done it in a heartbeat but Morris & Dominick want to put their own stamp on this team and do something Gruden never would or could........................groom a young quarterback. I'll be surprised if we don't take Freeman even if Sanchez were still available @ #19.

Bucs were in no place to give up all those picks to begin with, we have a too many needs right now. QB, DT,CB,LB, WR.

Honestly I could see us passing on a QB in round 1 and taking another piece to the puzzle on offense, they have made it clear they wanna score touchdowns. The pick will probably be Percy Harvin, seeing as Morris said he wants to build his team like the Gators. I'm tired of selecting late round Qbs and seeing if they develop, but I am willing to give Josh Johnson a chance.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Bucs were in no place to give up all those picks to begin with, we have a too many needs right now. QB, DT,CB,LB, WR.

Honestly I could see us passing on a QB in round 1 and taking another piece to the puzzle on offense, they have made it clear they wanna score touchdowns. The pick will probably be Percy Harvin, seeing as Morris said he wants to build his team like the Gators. I'm tired of selecting late round Qbs and seeing if they develop, but I am willing to give Josh Johnson a chance.

Could be. I've heard we're high on Darrius Heyward-Bey wr out of Maryland. He supposedly runs a sub-4.30 40 time. I like him more than Harvin............too many duribility questions. We'll let the Saints deal with that chit.

They may be sold on McKown & Johnson, although I know most BUC fans are not.

Could be. I've heard we're high on Darrius Heyward-Bey wr out of Maryland. He supposedly runs a sub-4.30 40 time. I like him more than Harvin............too many duribility questions. We'll let the Saints deal with that chit.

They may be sold on McKown & Johnson, although I know most BUC fans are not.

I'm not sold on them, but i'm not sold on any QB in this draft either nor the next draft, I mean its full of spread offense Qbs whom have a hard time making it in the NFL.

I've heard the same thing on DHB, but he is very raw and his route running is sub par right now. I am fan of developing the team before the QB, too many QBs come into bad situations and fail.