Falcons Will Probably Take one of USCs LB with the First Pick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet the that Falcons will take one at #24...

What are you willing to bet. I dont think the Falcons will take a pure LB with the first pick. We have on starting LB on the roster right now, we will get a prospect later in the draft but not in the first round, now i am willing to bet on that. :D

Absolutley, but Houston is real high on him, and there's some talk about Houston trading their 1st and 2nd picks to Philly for their 2 1st round picks to take Matthews at 21.

Wow!!! They want him that bad???? A first and second for 2 first rounders won't add up. The points will be off.... :wacko:

Wow!!! They want him that bad???? A first and second for 2 first rounders won't add up. The points will be off.... :wacko:

Houston's 1st and 2nd comes out to 1490, Philly's 2 1st rounders comes to 1460 (as per Walterfootball.com) so 30 points won't hurt to much to get Clay Matthews at 21 and Sean Smith at 28.

Houston's 1st and 2nd comes out to 1490, Philly's 2 1st rounders comes to 1460 (as per Walterfootball.com) so 30 points won't hurt to much to get Clay Matthews at 21 and Sean Smith at 28.

I hope that Philly or Houston doesnt get Sean Smith, because i would love for him to play Safety for the Falcons.

They must be picking pretty close to each other..Houston's 2nd must be close to Philli's last first round pick...

When the term "trade down" is use, does it mean that you trade that pick and move "down" to #28 or so...or does it mean you wanna get a player prior to your normal pick...say like #20?

Trade down is to give up your spot and get a later choice in the draft but you get an extra pick as compensation.

Trade up is to get an earlier spot which you pay for with 2 spots of your own.

I'm willing to bet the that Falcons will take one at #24...

I'd say it's possible more than probable. Cushing will be gone by pick 13 (Redskins) or 15 (Texans).

Maualuga will almost most likely be gone as well although I seriously doubt we're truly considering drafting a guy who is a MLB in either a 4-3 or 3-4 when we have Lofton entrenched at that position.

Matthews therefore seems the most likely option. As much as i would love him to follow his Dad & wear the Falcons uniform (#57 is free I believe). I can see the Patriots drafting him on pick earlier, he would fit their system perfectly in a real area of need.

I would hate to see the Pats get Clay from us if he's available, cause then I would have to route against him from that moment on. Seriously, Cushing, English, Hood, Smith, there are plenty of talent to choice from for defense needs. I'd almost rather move up and nab Matthews instead of seeing him play for Belechek or SATAN as I like to call him. And I should know considering my user name.