QUestion for Pantie fans

Lou Dog

Just wanting to know what Panties fans opinion of Delhome is? For years it has seemed to me that he is the only thing holding you back from being a very good team. Ya'll have a very good running game, good WRs, a good LBer crew, a good secondary and a good D line yet ya'll fall short every year. In my mind it is because of who you have at the QB position. Agree or disagree?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Just wanting to know what Panties fans opinion of Delhome is? For years it has seemed to me that he is the only thing holding you back from being a very good team. Ya'll have a very good running game, good WRs, a good LBer crew, a good secondary and a good D line yet ya'll fall short every year. In my mind it is because of who you have at the QB position. Agree or disagree?

Evidently not much seeing as they won't touch this thread. Can you blame them?

Not particularly pleased with Jake right now obviously. He had an up and down year coming off the surgery, this next year will decide his fate in my mind. The first three games of 07 he was one of the top five qb's in the league-was that just a fluke? I don't know. Overall I would say he is a purely average player with not a lot of physical tools but a pantload of leadership qualities. Scares me every time he puts the ball in the air, thank God for Steve Smith. The one thing I will say is we have gotten farther with him during his span here than any other NFC South team, for whatever it's worth.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
The one thing I will say is we have gotten farther with him during his span here than any other NFC South team, for whatever it's worth.

Great point, but that's more due to the team around him I'd say. He doesn't hold a candle to Ryan or Brees.

Talent-wise, absolutely. As far as the ability and charisma required to lead a team, I'd say Jake and Brees are on the same level. Ryan as a rookie impressed me greatly with his ability to grab the reins and be a leader, in the next few seasons he should be on that level with them. I really think Jake's on the decline physically, I expect him to lose the job in the next three or four years at most. However, I am wondering if last season was too soon after surgery, because his arm obviously wore out as the season went along. With another offseason of rest, it'll be interesting to see how he does...

We can take a little credit for stunting Jake's growth, what with coming up under Ditka and Haslett while being mentored by a variety of Billie Joes and Aaron Brookses. But really, he's been a gunslinger since college, and west-coast offenses are super enablers of the gunslinger gene. As such, I'd say he had the potential to be like FavRUH in terms of ability and tendency. But Brett was somehow smarter with the football in the biggest moments, which can't be right. Luckier, then?

Jake still managed to get his new team to the big one in hist first starting role quickly after joining, which was pretty rare until recently. That shows a willingess to learn and the ability to lead, which while not that rare, is becoming less common these days. I think he'd be a much better mentor to the next Panthers QB than he was ever blessed with, hopefully for them he'll still be around when the next guy comes along.

I think he can still compete in this division, but only as long as our defenses are mediocre and/or rebuilding.

Playing with Jake is weird. You get a great leader, a few fourth-quarter comebacks, but it seems like every season there are a few games that really make him look like a top quarterback, and a few that make him look like somebody threw a high-school player out on the field. His habit of throwing the ball up to Smith is over-exaggerated, simply because Smith comes down with so many of them it can't just be accident or Smith bailing out Jake. After this many years I think we've figured out that they do that by design whenever Smith gets single coverage deep. He's traditionally a good playoff player, and it seems like whenever his team do well, he does exceptionally well. In 05 he got no help from a running game or defense, and last year was the same, although he really short-circuited the running game himself. As long as you know that there are a few games where he's going to implode, having Jake around is really nice. He's definitely an above-average quarterback who wins a lot of games. I can't complain too much.

Jake is slightly above average.

He has won some playoff games. He has made some great comebacks. He has been a great teammate and leader. He has a winning record as a starter and in the playoffs.

He has also played horrible and lost us games because of poor play. He has been inexplicably bad at times

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Jake is slightly above average.

He has won some playoff games. He has made some great comebacks. He has been a great teammate and leader. He has a winning record as a starter and in the playoffs.

He has also played horrible and lost us games because of poor play. He has been inexplicably bad at times

I would think it would bother you that his whining at times overshadows his good play. He has had his moments but for the most part it seems like Steve Smith is the reason he has looked as good as he has. I doubt Jake would have had nearly the success he's had if not for Smith. That's just my opinion. Having the ground game you had last years didn't hurt him either.

I would think it would bother you that his whining at times overshadows his good play. He has had his moments but for the most part it seems like Steve Smith is the reason he has looked as good as he has. I doubt Jake would have had nearly the success he's had if not for Smith. That's just my opinion. Having the ground game you had last years didn't hurt him either.

every QB looks better with a stud WR, run game helps too.

Jake made the Pro Bowl without him in 04. He had his best season statistically actually

Jake is very animated. whether it is celebrating or protesting, he goes all out. He has never been flagged for it

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
every QB looks better with a stud WR, run game helps too.

Jake made the Pro Bowl without him in 04. He had his best season statistically actually

Jake is very animated. whether it is celebrating or protesting, he goes all out. He has never been flagged for it

He just has never impressed me. Perhaps because he's so up & down.

I have yet to see a player EVER flagged for whining. :lol:

He just has never impressed me. Perhaps because he's so up & down.

I have yet to see a player EVER flagged for whining. :lol:

he has consistently gotten the best of your boys. but yea i can see how thats not that impressive though

my point was he isnt out of control. it isnt a problem juts something opposing fans whine about

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
he has consistently gotten the best of your boys. but yea i can see how thats not that impressive though

my point was he isnt out of control. it isnt a problem juts something opposing fans whine about

:lol: So, you're saying we whine about his whining? :lol::lol:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
I'm just glad he's not our QB!

Now, with Ryan there I can see you saying. I just wish we HAD a QB!

• 2 weeks later...

Take Steve smith out of the equation and "Jake the Fake" is absolutely ordinary and "ordinary" is being kind.

I have watched this guy benefit from having Smith around for years. Think about all the times you have seen him throw up absolute prayers and watched Smith come down with them. I've said many times before, he's a second or third string QB on any other team in the league.

Take Steve smith out of the equation and "Jake the Fake" is absolutely ordinary and "ordinary" is being kind.

I have watched this guy benefit from having Smith around for years. Think about all the times you have seen him throw up absolute prayers and watched Smith come down with them. I've said many times before, he's a second or third string QB on any other team in the league.

So the fact that Jake made the Pro Bowl when Smith was injured for the 2004 season doesn't matter? And a second or third string quarterback has a winning record and a winning playoff record and a Super Bowl appearance? And a second or third string quarterback had QB ratings of 96.7 and 124.8 against the Falcons?

You are truly ignorant.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
So the fact that Jake made the Pro Bowl when Smith was injured for the 2004 season doesn't matter? And a second or third string quarterback has a winning record and a winning playoff record and a Super Bowl appearance? And a second or third string quarterback had QB ratings of 96.7 and 124.8 against the Falcons?

You are truly ignorant.

All we hear from you all is Jakie was in the Pro Bowl in '04! Jakie was in the Pro Bowl in '04! So What!

Who was that loser that threw 400 INTs in the playoff game this past January? So he was in the Pro Bowl back in '04..............BIG FREAKING DEAL! That's like me saying the BUCS should win the division this season because we won the Super Bowl in '02. :rolleyes:

We're ignorant? Not so much................. :lol:

All we hear from you all is Jakie was in the Pro Bowl in '04! Jakie was in the Pro Bowl in '04! So What!

Who was that loser that threw 400 INTs in the playoff game this past January? So he was in the Pro Bowl back in '04..............BIG FREAKING DEAL! That's like me saying the BUCS should win the division this season because we won the Super Bowl in '02. :rolleyes:

You are ignorant if you can't understand the point. Everybody on this board claims that Smith makes Jake. Jake had his best year when Smith wasn't around. That fact clearly disproves the claim. Do you follow what I'm trying to say? Do you need it made any simpler?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
You are ignorant if you can't understand the point. Everybody on this board claims that Smith makes Jake. Jake had his best year when Smith wasn't around. That fact clearly disproves the claim. Do you follow what I'm trying to say? Do you need it made any simpler?

So he was in the Pro Bowl w/o Smith there. If you're trying to say Smith doesn't make things 70% easier for him you're not being realistic.

According to everyone here, Steve is twice as good as Larry. He's got a geriatric in the #2 spot and a ******** monkey in a blindfold throwing ducks at him, and he's still putting up numbers. Lar has a Pro Bowl QB and two other 1000 yd recievers to take the heat.

That's a Buc fan's answer for everything else, so why not that too?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
That's a Buc fan's answer for everything else, so why not that too?

Too bad you all can't make that claim, huh? ;)