Obama have Queen Elizabeth an iPod. LOL

yeah really? IPOD = ghetto? or is this another example of pundits talking about stuff they know nothing about. Seems like a cool gift to me. Not many people would think of it.

Exactly! When did iPods become classless?? I guess British people are too sophisticated for digital technology. :rolleyes:

From the April 1 edition of Fox News' Special Report with Bret Baier:

BRET BAIER (host): Major, my wife tells me I'm not the best gift giver, but after President Obama gave Prime Minister Brown the set of DVDs that didn't work in Great Britain, we hear that he gave the queen an iPod?

MAJOR GARRETT (Fox News senior White House correspondent): Yes, a video iPod, which we are told by White House staff the queen requested. She has an audio iPod, but not a video iPod.

What's on it? A video of her 2007 trip to the United States -- meaning Washington, D.C., and Virginia. Plus, also, on the audio side of that iPod, composer Richard Rogers, some of his famous American hits. And it's signed. And we're told it went over pretty well with the queen. Bret.

BAIER: OK. I'll add it to my list. Major, thanks.

They are also in an uproar because Michelle touched the queen after the queen put her hand on Michelles back.

these same idiots were aghast when Bush winked at the Queen.

I think I speak for all when I say God save the queen, she aint no human being.

#### those easily offended uppercrust D bags.

I couldn't care less about the Queen. Stupid useless figure head.

MAJOR GARRETT (Fox News senior White House correspondent): Yes, a video iPod, which we are told by White House staff the queen requested. She has an audio iPod, but not a video iPod.

So Obama is bowing to the Queen's demands? :angry: What's next, he'll give her the colonies back!

Quit being such a ***** Obama! Tell that Queen to get in the kitchen and make you some breakfast!

As long as they got the proper wall charger I don't see what the problem is. Besides does anyone actually think the Queen was asked what she wanted? No, one of her thousand personal assistance probably got the call and figured she/he could use a video Ipod once it was tossed to the side by the Queen. :lol:

Theres a difference between giving a gift to your Aunt Mary and giving a gift to a member of a Royal Family, such as the Queen of England. An IPod is a fine gift but I can understand why Brits think its pretty classless coming from our President to the Queen.

EDIT: Had to fix it up so people dont misconstrue my meaning. :P

When will people realize that the gifts he is giving is symbolic of our culture. DVD's and Ipod's are pretty what this pop american culture is all about.

It may be lame but maybe you should realize that what he is giving is genuine american culture. Change it or shut up. -_-

Your understanding of American culture is about as deep as the thought you posted above. Which is to say, not very.