Falcons Fans- who are you rooting for this year?

ROOTING FOR:

On the team-

Jamaal Anderson- it's sad to see such a great opportunity to play in the NFL die

Laurent Robinson- I like the little bit I have seen from him, hope he stays healthy

Thomas Decoud- Really was impressed by his intelligence in the interview I saw

Kroy Biermann- would love to see him mature as a DE/OLB for us

Trey Lewis- Do NOT walk down the stairs alone!

(I'm not rooting for Ryan, Turner, White etc. it's a waste of time. They don't need me. :( )

In college-

UGA in general- Don't particularly love the team itself now that Moreno is gone, but boy Mark Richt is bout the greatest guy in the NCAA and is the closest thing I've seen to a person "deserving" a National Championship

Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, etc- I want all of these Quarterbacks to do really well this year, so well that they cement themselves as first rounders in the 2010 draft, which can only make it easier for us to pick up great talent in other positions in each round.

Georgia State- Do they start this year?

(I'm not rooting for Johnathan Dwyer of Georgia Tech, he REALLY doesn't need anybody's support, dude is a beast and a half)

Around the NFL

Matthew Stafford- decent kid with good skills, hope they don't mess him up in Detroit

LT- My favorite player on my second favorite team, the Chargers

Tom Brady- about as likeable an a-hole as you could want in the NFL, just hope he sucks when we play him.

Louis Delmas- good kid, just not sure I want him

Michael Johnson- nothing like a guy proving his naysayers wrong on the field

(I'm not rooting for Knowshon Moreno, he doesn't need my help at all)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I root for all 53 when they take the field. Even Busterson.

Maybe the title of this thread should be who do you hope can fill some of these huge voids on our team.

My answer would be:

Crisp Houston - hopefully Von Hutchins gets his starting RCB job back. Tired of seeing Crisp get abused

Lawyer Milloy - hopefully they move Erik Coleman to that spot. I think he would be hail on wheels at SS

Erik Coleman - if he moves to SS get a vet with experience to play the FS. This is about when we need a Eugene Robinson type acquisition

Dominique Foxworth - Foxy but TD cut him. Chevis hopefully cause if Bent Grimes beats him out we're screwed

Keith Brooking - Nicholas. He started under Quitrino at WLB. Should have started last year. Played some DE last year. Could be our SLB

Michael Boley - Michael Boley but TD cut him...Peterson if he can hold down the run and cover a TE.

Grady Jackson - hopefully Trey Lewis can play that position. If not we need to call Jumpy Geathers. This could be a big hole in the D

Jamaal Busterson - Chauncey took his job when he got more tackles and sacks in 1/3 the snaps then signed for more $$$s than him

Jason Peele - Ryan needs a pass catching TE to take heat off the edges and open up the middle. This position could probably be a rookie

No rookie starters on defense please. We only had one rook last year and were poor against the run and pass.

I root for all 53 when they take the field. Even Busterson.

Maybe the title of this thread should be who do you hope can fill some of these huge voids on our team.

That answer would be:

Crisp Houston - hopefully Von Hutchins gets his starting RCB job back. Tired of seeing Crisp get abused

Lawyer Milloy - hopefully they move Erik Coleman to that spot. I think he would be hail on wheels at SS

Erik Coleman - if he moves to SS get a vet with experience to play the FS. This is about when we need a Eugene Robinson type acquisition

Dominique Foxworth - Foxy but TD cut him. Chevis hopefully cause if Bent Grimes beats him out we're screwed

Keith Brooking - Nicholas. He started under Quitrino at WLB. Should have started last year. Played some DE last year. Could be our SLB

Michael Boley - Michael Boley but TD cut him...Peterson if he can hold down the run and cover a TE. If not maybe Busterson LOL

Grady Jackson - hopefully Trey Lewis can play that position. If not we need to find Jumpy Geathers

Jamaal Busterson - Chauncey took his job when he got more tackles and sacks in 1/3 the snaps then signed for more $ than Busterson

No rookie starters on defense please. We only had one rook last year and were poor against the run and pass.

I Agree Anyone In Falcons Gear i am for...

But if I Had to name 1 I would love to just Break out

i will go with J Anderson , mainly because if he Breaks out, mannnnn The Falcons are gonna win, Bigtime... if Anderson gets 10 Sacks and Abe Stays healthy, we could be among the league leders in Sacks with the way Babs and Davis get after the qb... If the Falcons can get a 10 sack yr outa J Anderson and top 5 in Total sacks (which is very possible if 98 gets 10) the sky is the limit for our team with our Offense already looking not good but Elite...

I Agree Anyone In Falcons Gear i am for...

But if I Had to name 1 I would love to just Break out

i will go with J Anderson , mainly because if he Breaks out, mannnnn The Falcons are gonna win, Bigtime... if Anderson gets 10 Sacks and Abe Stays healthy, we could be among the league leders in Sacks with the way Babs and Davis get after the qb... If the Falcons can get a 10 sack yr outa J Anderson and top 5 in Total sacks (which is very possible if 98 gets 10) the sky is the limit for our team with our Offense already looking not good but Elite...

I don't see it man. He was moved to DT or benched in passing situations in his last 4-5 games in favor of Chauncey, Biermann and Nicholas. They all outperformed him. All three are back this year.

Not only that, Chauncey played a fraction of the snaps he got and still nearly doubled his tackles and sacks. TD just paid Chauncey $14M in guaranteed $$$. That aint bench money bro. That's starter money. He now has a bigger contract and cap hit than Busterson.

There are rumors that Busterson has been moved to Babineaux's back up spot and may not make the team if he has a bad camp at that position. 10 sacks? It would be a miracle. Especially at DT. But I agree with you, if we can get that from him we will be hail.

On The Team: Everyone, but there are a few guys I would like to see do really well this season....

Matt Ryan - It's a given, I want him to continue to do what he did for us last season and I want him to continue it for many years to come.

Harry Douglas - Needs to keep slowly coming out of the woodwork. In a few years he could be our top receiver, if not definitely our second man on the field.

Mike Peterson - Getting old, but I just like the guy, I think he can get the job done :D

Around The NFL

Adrian Peterson (MIN) - The guy is a beast. He's the best running back in the league, and I'm not ever going back on that statement. He's better than LT, and he's going to prove it eventually, if he hasn't already, to everyone. I am a huge fan of his, even though I hate his team.

Detroit Lions - Who doesn't want to see a Cinderella story? I mean if the Falcons end up not doing so well, how cool would it be to see a team go from 0-16 to the playoffs. It won't happen though :P

On The Team: Everyone, but there are a few guys I would like to see do really well this season....

Matt Ryan - It's a given, I want him to continue to do what he did for us last season and I want him to continue it for many years to come.

Harry Douglas - Needs to keep slowly coming out of the woodwork. In a few years he could be our top receiver, if not definitely our second man on the field.

Mike Peterson - Getting old, but I just like the guy, I think he can get the job done :D

Around The NFL

Adrian Peterson (MIN) - The guy is a beast. He's the best running back in the league, and I'm not ever going back on that statement. He's better than LT, and he's going to prove it eventually, if he hasn't already, to everyone. I am a huge fan of his, even though I hate his team.

Detroit Lions - Who doesn't want to see a Cinderella story? I mean if the Falcons end up not doing so well, how cool would it be to see a team go from 0-16 to the playoffs. It won't happen though :P

Everything YOU said.

The Lions are loading up, that's for sure. And the draft hasn't even rolled around. They have hella picks.

Don't count em out. This is NFL 2009. Not 1974 when you had to be a dynasty to go to the Bowl.

Teams go from dusk to dawn in a hurry. We even did in 1998, 2002, 2004 and 2008 coming off of 7, 5, 5 and 4 win seasons. The Dolphins went from 1-15 to the playoffs last year.

DET vs NE in the Super Bowl? Don't count it out.

I'm rooting for

On the team:

Matt Ryan to avoid the sophomore slump

Lofton to emerge as an elite MLB

Roddy White to become a more reliable target

Abe and Baker to stay healthy all season long

Someone to earn the top corner job

A difference maker to emerge (besides Abe) on the defensive line

Norwood to get more caries

And for the success of the team in general

Etc.

In college:

The ACC to have an up year next year

VT to win it all (of course)

GT to play respectably

Someone besides Flordia, Oklahoma, or Ohio State in the national championship

Just the return of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday football in general :P

In the NFL:

Falcons win the super bowl! (or at least a playoff game)

Tom Brady (and all of the other players who suffered serious injuries) to come back fully healthy

CBA getting extended

Watching football on Sundays again

And I'm sure there are several other things I am forgetting...

I'm rooting for the Falcons, whoever takes the field gets my vote. I know that's a corny answer, but I feel there is far too much negativity towards certain players & as supporters we should support the team. On that note I hope JA98 tears it up this year.

I agree with you 100% I support them team period end of story.