It's time to fire Damon Evans.....

pit&atlfan81

I mean, how do you not even have a fall-back plan incase Anderson siad no. Which he did. You put all of your eggs in one basket and now you really look bad. Evans has proven that he is incompetent as an AD. He has embarassed the University, the state, and himself. It's time for him to go.

I mean, how do you not even have a fall-back plan incase Anderson siad no. Which he did. You put all of your eggs in one basket and now you really look bad. Evans has proven that he is incompetent as an AD. He has embarassed the University, the state, and himself. It's time for him to go.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you serious or just venting?

the problem with damon is his JOB is to find a replacement basketball head coach.. but he pawns it off on a consulting firm to find the replacement.. the reason for the firm is so the mike anderson situation doesn't happen.. they are supposed to do their legwork and make sure there is a match even before the two sides talk officially. so the firm failed damon and instead fo taking responsibility himself and have a plan he doesn't have any.. the firm may and that is where they will go, but frankly the firm already failed in this situation.

Fire the guy that has been one of the best AD's in the countryl, that would make you so much better. :lol:

Fire the guy that just offered to pay a head basketball coach at the University of Georgia the same amount of money that Mark Richt makes, because it's Evans' fault that Anderson said no. :lol:

Fire the guy that has made Georgia one of the top 5 highest grossing athletic universities in the nation :lol:

Fire the guy that has made it a commitment to better not only the football team, but EVERY other athletic team at the university :lol:

Pit, you are the biggest knee-jerk reactor ever.

"UGA should maybe consider going in a different direction from Richt....oh, now that everyone is throttling me mercilessly, I was just kidding"

After Smoltz signed with Boston: "Frank Wren needs to go."

"If the Braves trade Salty they will never see another dime from me!"

You've provided us with some gems over the years friend, I'll give you that.

Fire the guy that has been one of the best AD's in the countryl, that would make you so much better. :lol:

Fire the guy that just offered to pay a head basketball coach at the University of Georgia the same amount of money that Mark Richt makes, because it's Evans' fault that Anderson said no. :lol:

Fire the guy that has made Georgia one of the top 5 highest grossing athletic universities in the nation :lol:

Fire the guy that has made it a commitment to better not only the football team, but EVERY other athletic team at the university :lol:

Pit, you are the biggest knee-jerk reactor ever.

"UGA should maybe consider going in a different direction from Richt....oh, now that everyone is throttling me mercilessly, I was just kidding"

After Smoltz signed with Boston: "Frank Wren needs to go."

"If the Braves trade Salty they will never see another dime from me!"

You've provided us with some gems over the years friend, I'll give you that.

First off damon evans is not close to being the best AD in the country. Also he wasn't going to pay the same money as mark richt makes either. However the rest is dead on.. NO reason to ask for him to be fired. He didn't go about it the right way with the consulting firm, but he is just following michael adam's direction.

That is rediculous, Damon is a fine AD, and you would have done the same thing concerning Mike Anderson. Damon has done a fine job at the university of Georgia, and just because he can't pull in Mike Anderson you want to fire him!? Give me a break..

For a guy who jumps on anyone who says anything bad about UGA, its players and employees, you sure don't practice what you preach.

Just STFU, okay? You'd be better for it.

lol, he'll probably try to play this off as an april fools' joke now...

yeah, let's fire the guy b/c someone stayed at a basketball program that's actually good instead of coming here and having to rebuild...makes perfect sense.

sometimes things don't go perfectly. I would imagine being a braves, falcons, and UGA fan, you would have learned that by now.

I hope you're not serious. I'm gonna assume you were just venting.

Since Damon has arrived, Georgia has already played more high-profile out-of-confernence opponents than we ever had under Dooley. Damon has made the UGA athletic department one of the most profitable in the nation. He's shown over and over again that's committed to making UGA the best it can be.

No, I'm not shutting up. I'm standing by what I've said.

I like when you do that!

"Florida's secondary is in shambles. Urban has spent all his time focusing on offense and ignoring the defense. The East will be between UGA and UT with Florida in 3rd."

YEAH COME ON!

I respect your opinion ATL but my mind is made up here.

Damon must go!

Back up plan? Like what? It sounds to me that he was sold on Anderson, Anderson didn't work out now his "back up plan" is to do some more interviews. Who else do you suggest we go after? We went after a big time coach and it didn't work out, now its time to move on and find someone else.

I agree with Sac though, we should fire the firm that was suppose to be helping because we did have a chance at Grant but evidently they were feeding Damons some bad information because I'm sure Damons wish he had another chance at Grant.

Stop being a idiot please. He is doing a fine job as AD.

If Evans would man up and do his job and go out and face these coaches face to face instead of hiring a 3rd party he might have already had a top notch coach in place... he has no one to blame but him self ,and It shows that he's lazy ,and hasn't a clue to what the he*l ' he's doing ,and now he will throw a quarter in the merry go round of coaches and hopes one will snatch the golden ring..... and he could care less whom that maybe at this point he'll take anyone. and the dogs BB program will again be irrelevant once more its just sicken at what has transpired under his tenure........ He needs to go !!

If Evans would man up and do his job and go out and face these coaches face to face instead of hiring a 3rd party he might have already had a top notch coach in place... he has no one to blame but him self ,and It shows that he's lazy ,and hasn't a clue to what the he*l ' he's doing ,and now he will throw a quarter in the merry go round of coaches and hopes one will snatch the golden ring..... and he could care less whom that maybe at this point he'll take anyone. and the dogs BB program will again be irrelevant once more its just sicken at what has transpired under his tenure........ He needs to go !!

Yeah because basketball is the only sport who's results matter in an athletic program.