Have the Denver Broncos Done Us a Solid?

We have heard now that the Broncos are definitely shopping Cutler, and also that many teams with holes at QB are in the mix to get him.

More than any other team, I think we are comfortable with trading out of the first round, with Dimitroff's keen eye for talent seeming to turn rounds 2-5 into a buffet of starters.

Given that we are very comfortable not having a first rounder, does this open the door for us to trade some team our first rounder who could use it to sweeten the pot with Denver?

So a team like the Browns could trade us our first for their second this year and next year, or maybe if they are desperate our first for their first next year outright.

Do you see any potential for us to wheel and deal this?

Who ever said we were comfortable trading out of the first round? With our defensive holes I would not be comfortable in the least bit. :huh:

I'm pretty sure I heard TD say in some interview that it was a possibility.

Certainly not a definite endorsement, but you have to think a guy who immerses himself in player personnel, has commented on the exceptional strength of the 2010 class, and talks about "hoarding draft picks", would certainly be open to either multiplying a low level pick or trading it in for a likely to be higher one in a much more robust draft in terms of our positions of need.

Brandon Spikes/Taylor Mays/ Eric Berry here we come ! ;)

I don't think that a multiple tiered trade will occur. There are too many factors involved for that sort of thing to happen. However, the pending Cutler trade could make our #24 a little more enticing to other teams.

If Cutler is traded to a team that picks in front of us, one of the top three QB's will drop significantly in the first round. Hence, a very good QB could drop to the #24 pick. If that happens, a team in the second round will be willing to trade up to get their man. A #24 pick QB would come at a low contract price and be even more attractive.

Stay tuned.

next year the draft class is supposed to be much better than this year.this year is not packed with talent as many #1 picks are not considred up to par. thats why tradeing for more picks next year will be better.i think there will be solid LB.s in the second and 3rd.that is all in the top 100 so trust that these guys are solid players.as i said lofton was a 2nd rounder.2nd round has so much value in a year like this. we will probably have a higher #1 next year and if we can trade with a team in a rebuilding mode we could end up with a top 5 pick next year or a couple of early seconds to go along with our first somewhere around 20

I would trade up and take a star LB, not trade down and take questionables.

After last year's draft, giving TD more draft picks can only be a good thing.

Don't remember any of the guys he selected in the first day being "questionable" after their first year. Instead they were "starters".

considering we got jamal anderson in the first round and we got curtis lofton in the second, i ma fan of tradeing down if TD can get the value and 2 better #1's next year i like it.at 24 pick we will probably be getting a 2nd rounder quality anyway

lolwut? using that very random analogy, we got Jimmy Williams in a later round, but got Matt Ryan in the 1st.