Tom Servo's Mystery Science Mock Draft

1. Darius Butler, CB Connecticut -- in my opinion the kid is going to be a bonafide probowler by his 2nd season.

2. Evander Hood, DL Missouri -- I think he'll slip to us and we won't really have a choice but to take him.

3. Chase Coffman, TE Missouri -- 2 missouri picks but it could easily, easily go that way with valid reason. Coffman could challenge for starting role.

4. Zack Follett, OLB California -- if you watch this kids tape, he's a high motor guy who brings a lot of intensity. Like Kroy Biermann but better.

5. Cornelius Louis, OT Tennessee State -- 6'4" 336lb from a small school but a pure athletic offensive tackle.

5. Emanuel Cook, S South Carolina -- The Falcons have shown an interest in Cook, who could add strong depth to a questionable safety core.

6. George Bussey, OL Louisville -- Capable of playing both guard and tackle, he could provide more solid depth for our offensive line.

Keep in mind this is just a mock draft. No reason to get your panties in a wad while sharing your thoughts fellows.

I wouldn't mind this. but I like Butler in the 1st but I don't think Ziggy will fall to us in the 2nd and I neither don't want him as I don't think that he is a run stopper. We need a NT to play besides UT Babs. Besides that it is okay

I wouldn't mind this. but I like Butler in the 1st but I don't think Ziggy will fall to us in the 2nd and I neither don't want him as I don't think that he is a run stopper. We need a NT to play besides UT Babs. Besides that it is okay

That's an understandable viewpoint, and Ziggy may very well not fall to us. I just think he will. I also think he will be able to stop the run better than many people think. I'm really interested in seeing how Follett pans out, personally. Years from now I think he'll be considered the best OLB in the class.

Can you please explain to me your logic with Darius Butler as our 1st pick when we have Chris Houston on one side and possibly Chevis Jackson,Von Hutchins and Brent Grimes going for that 2nd starting corner spot.To me we have CB covered why would we use our 24th pick on a corner.To me if we take a CB someone is getting cut its not our biggest need so please tell me why we take a CB again.

I like the idea of the Hood pick but he's long gone by 55 if we really want him we'll have to cross our fingers at 24.

Can you please explain to me your logic with Darius Butler as our 1st pick when we have Chris Houston on one side and possibly Chevis Jackson,Von Hutchins and Brent Grimes going for that 2nd starting corner spot.To me we have CB covered why would we use our 24th pick on a corner.To me if we take a CB someone is getting cut its not our biggest need so please tell me why we take a CB again.

Von Hutchins and Brent Grimes, on any other defense in the NFL, much less NFC South, would make dime corners yet in this one they could challenge for a starting spot? Darius Butler is better than Chevis and (imo) better than Chris Houston. People forget that Houston nearly single-handedly cost us a game with 11 seconds left on the clock against Chicago.

I think Darius Butler is an amazing player and they've brought him in for workouts and interviews. He would solidify our secondary with his presence alone, and by the end of training camp would be our #1 corner with Chevis winning the 2nd starting role.

Von Hutchins and Brent Grimes, on any other defense in the NFL, much less NFC South, would make dime corners yet in this one they could challenge for a starting spot? Darius Butler is better than Chevis and (imo) better than Chris Houston. People forget that Houston nearly single-handedly cost us a game with 11 seconds left on the clock against Chicago.

I think Darius Butler is an amazing player and they've brought him in for workouts and interviews. He would solidify our secondary with his presence alone, and by the end of training camp would be our #1 corner with Chevis winning the 2nd starting role.

good player, can't argue with that, but houston is going to get better, and i think you vastly underrate chevis, and especially Von.

You can forget about Ziggy falling to us, he is generating too much hype even if he should fall to us.

Chase coffman, he spends too much time jumping over people, Ingram or Nelson have way more upside imo

good player, can't argue with that, but houston is going to get better, and i think you vastly underrate chevis, and especially Von.

You can forget about Ziggy falling to us, he is generating too much hype even if he should fall to us.

Chase coffman, he spends too much time jumping over people, Ingram or Nelson have way more upside imo

In my opinion, you can't rely on Von Hutchins to come in and be a playmaker after being injured all of last season.

I don't underrate Chevis at all, if the draft pans out the way I think/hope it will our starting corners will be Darius Butler and Chevis Jackson, with Chris Houston moving to the nickel. I rate Chevis higher than Houston, I really do.

And yeah, I really see Ziggy dropping to #55.

The reason I've selected Coffman is that the Falcons seem really, really high on his potential.

Okay then so out of those left over guys which corner are you cutting???

The only way I see us taking a CB in the 1st is if a OLB or DT are not there and a CB is the BPA.

I personally think our secondary was good last year its up-front that scares the SH*T outta of me we have no impact with the rotational guys we used inside last year and if we allow some of the teams with the QBs they have to do that no matter who we have at CB we'll get shredded hence why i really hope we go with Hood,Jerry Mathews or Cushing with our pick at 24 or even English or Barwin as outside 1st round picks.I kinda understand why you have gone the way you have but for me its solidifying the inside run stopping and more help for JA 55 with the pass rush that I'd be looking at before we go for secondary help.

Okay then so out of those left over guys which corner are you cutting???

The only way I see us taking a CB in the 1st is if a OLB or DT are not there and a CB is the BPA.

I personally think our secondary was good last year its up-front that scares the SH*T outta of me we have no impact with the rotational guys we used inside last year and if we allow some of the teams with the QBs they have to do that no matter who we have at CB we'll get shredded hence why i really hope we go with Hood,Jerry Mathews or Cushing with our pick at 24 or even English or Barwin as outside 1st round picks.I kinda understand why you have gone the way you have but for me its solidifying the inside run stopping and more help for JA 55 with the pass rush that I'd be looking at before we go for secondary help.

I'm not cutting any of them, but if I do it's Grimes.

I feel like our secondary was our biggest weakness besides d-line, and there's a lot of good NT that will go to the 2nd (if not Hood, Brace will be there and he's very capable as well). We lost several games to big pass plays.

I agree CB is not our biggest need. I do think that you are underestimating Chevis Jackson, He is a protypical Cover 2 corner, and he will be great in our scheme. If anything if we do draft a CB in the 1st he will be replacing Houston, but i seriously doubt we take a corner early. Alot of the corners we have been bringing in are late round picks.

I agree CB is not our biggest need. I do think that you are underestimating Chevis Jackson, He is a protypical Cover 2 corner, and he will be great in our scheme. If anything if we do draft a CB in the 1st he will be replacing Houston, but i seriously doubt we take a corner early. Alot of the corners we have been bringing in are late round picks.

If you read my posts in this thread, you'll realize I said the exact same thing about Chevis and Houston.

If you read my posts in this thread, you'll realize I said the exact same thing about Chevis and Houston.

Ok sir sometimes i dont feel like reading ever single post and i just comment on a few posts that i do see. I still dont think we will draft a CB early, so your Butler idea wont work anyway :D