By selective memory, I have almost completely forgotten the o7 season....

I have been a Falcons fan for 11 years (I'm 18), and in that time I have watched virtually every game I possibly could. I even saw every game of the o7 season. But because that year was so bloody awful, I have erased it from my mind :wacko: . So can any of U tell me why there is so much hype on Trey and Laurent? I remember them both makin a play or 2, but not enough to warrant the "Trey is tha answer to our DL problems" and "Laurent is a future #1" talk. Are they that good, or is mind my right for not really remembering them 2 much?

Lewis: After we cut Grady Jackson, Trey stepped in. Most expected this to be the classic going from horrible to catatrophic world class suck. Actually we improved. Our entire defense seemed to play a little better with him holding down the gap. He wasn't a Probowler, but was a very solid and consistent contributer who pushed the center of the pocket on passing plays. On running plays, he always seemed to be tying up two guys while not being blown backwards off the snap, and was just a giant blob in the center of the field.

Robinson: He has the talent to be a #1 WR in the NFL in my opinion. He has serious speed, seems to be able to get open when it most counts, and he manages to snatch the ball out of the air no matter where you place it relative to him. His best games was the overtime loss to Arizona in 07 where he made 7 catches for 114 yards and a TD. IMO, one of the best moment of that miserable year was watching Chris Redman throw that beautiful skinny post to him while he toasted their secondary. He has a penchant like I said, for making circus catches. A good example was our loss to TB this last season, where he made two crazy 3rd down catches.

The problem with Robinson is that he seems to either lack heart, or his constantly too injured to play. He seemed to be in the dog house last year with these little injuries. I seem to remember some player or coach saying that you are always going to be injured in the NFL, but it's really a question of whether you can play or not.

Lewis: After we cut Grady Jackson, Trey stepped in. Most expected this to be the classic going from horrible to catatrophic world class suck. Actually we improved. Our entire defense seemed to play a little better with him holding down the gap. He wasn't a Probowler, but was a very solid and consistent contributer who pushed the center of the pocket on passing plays. On running plays, he always seemed to be tying up two guys while not being blown backwards off the snap, and was just a giant blob in the center of the field.

Robinson: He has the talent to be a #1 WR in the NFL in my opinion. He has serious speed, seems to be able to get open when it most counts, and he manages to snatch the ball out of the air no matter where you place it relative to him. His best games was the overtime loss to Arizona in 07 where he made 7 catches for 114 yards and a TD. IMO, one of the best moment of that miserable year was watching Chris Redman throw that beautiful skinny post to him while he toasted their secondary. He has a penchant like I said, for making circus catches. A good example was our loss to TB this last season, where he made two crazy 3rd down catches.

The problem with Robinson is that he seems to either lack heart, or his constantly too injured to play. He seemed to be in the dog house last year with these little injuries. I seem to remember some player or coach saying that you are always going to be injured in the NFL, but it's really a question of whether you can play or not.

I do remeber that TB game; pretty sick.

I'll leave it at this....Robinson waited 14 games into his rookie season to have a 100 yard game....Michael Jenkins is going on his 78th game and still doesnt have one.

:o

Trey actually played more and was more productive in the games before Grady was cut. Trey even started 2 games before Grady was cut and earned 7 solo tackles and 1 int in those games after Grady was cut he started 3 games and did no where near that. 2 solo and 2 assists in three games then he was injured for the season. The games we played were against the 2-6 49ers (Ranked in 32nd Offense in the NFL) - 4-5 Panthers (Ranked 29th in Offense in the NFL) - then the 6-4 Bucs (Ranked in 18th Offense in the NFL) and they handled the D racking up 31 points and 305 yards of offense. So to say the defense played better should be a given when we faced 2 teams in the bottom 4 in total offense in the entire NFL. Trey played very well early in the season in a rotation situation, but he is far from proven to be anything special thus far. I would like to see him come in and play solid but coming off of 2 torn ACL injuries on the same knee in a position where you will be putting alot of strain on the same ACL trying to either push through the line or in pursuit leaves alot to be observed in the coming year.

I'll leave it at this....Robinson waited 14 games into his rookie season to have a 100 yard game....Michael Jenkins is going on his 78th game and still doesnt have one.

And he made 90% of that 114 yards on 1 play of 74 yards where the defender fell down if I remember correctly. The remaining 6 catches he averaged only 6.6 yards a catch - not too impressive and if you go back and look again there were 5 incomplete passes thrown towards Robinson. 1 did result in a pass interference call, but some were obtainable but he either pulled up or didn't take that extra step to the ball to avoid the hit. But people sure do remember that 1 pass though. They kinda like to overlook the rest.

Trew Lewis: Ill just say in stat wise...... In 9 games (8 if u dont count the injured game) an only 5 starts out of the 9 Trey Lewis produced 19 tackles, 1 pass defected and 1 int....... Lets compare this to impact NT Last year

(14 starts) Pat Williams (probowler) : 40 tackles, 1 sack

(16 starts) Marcus Stroud (probowler) :45 tackles, 2.5 sacks

Lets look at the 2 top 10 DT from the 2008 draft

(16 starts)Glen Dorsey : 46 tackles, 1 sack

(13 starts) Sedrick Ellis : 30 tackles, 4 sacks

Trey Lewis showed the ability to penetrate and play stout against the run with his limited play..... Its a pure potential thing but he showed the ability to be a good NT in the NFL.

Laurent Robindon: In 2007 Laurent Robinson showed that he has elite WR speed (for his size) and has soft/ great hands...... Laurent Robinson like Roddy White consistently gets suppuration....To be honest during training camp in 2008 Laurent Robinson won the starting job from Jenkins but injury's happen during the preseason and Laurent lost hisstarting job.

Laurent Robinson combine

Height: 6020

Weight: 199

40 Yrd Dash: 4.38

20 Yrd Dash: 2.50

10 Yrd Dash: 1.46

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19

Vertical Jump: 39

Broad Jump: 10'07"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.28

3-Cone Drill: 6.83

Compare that to Desean Jackson

Desean Jackson proday

Height: 5096

Weight: 169

40 Yrd Dash: 4.35

20 Yrd Dash: 2.52

10 Yrd Dash: 1.53

Vertical Jump: 34 1/2

Broad Jump: 10'02"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.19

3-Cone Drill: 6.82

My point is that Laurent Robinson is a 6'2 WR but he has the speed and quickness like the smaller WR..

Trew Lewis: Ill just say in stat wise...... In 9 games (8 if u dont count the injured game) an only 5 starts out of the 9 Trey Lewis produced 19 tackles, 1 pass defected and 1 int

But if you recall Trey played his best when rotated with Jackson - When Jackson left Trey's numbers took a dive over the next three games after Grady was cut. 2 solo & 2 assists with 1 of those assists coming in the Tampa game where he was injured. So Trey as a solid starter is far from proven. His numbers came from rotating in and out with Grady.

But if you recall Trey played his best when rotated with Jackson - When Jackson left Trey's numbers took a dive over the next three games after Grady was cut. 2 solo & 2 assists with 1 of those assists coming in the Tampa game where he was injured. So Trey as a solid starter is far from proven. His numbers came from rotating in and out with Grady.

4 things

1.Of course he is not proven...... trey lewis is a potential guy right now... Trey lewqis showed potential in 07 and has been getting bigger and stronger.

2. The guy was just a rookie.... Tey Lewis would improve from his rookie year

3.. We now run a rotating D-Line anyway...... Trey Lewis will not have to play every snap

4. your stats are miss leading....... Trey best games came when he start for a injured Babs..... 5 tackles and 1int vs titans

The point is that Trey Lewis is a guy with potential...... I'm pretty sure that we will draft a mid round DT...... I feel like its a reason why TD and the Coaching Staff are so high on Trey Lewis.... They must see that the guy is 100% and ready to play....... Plus ive heard TD and Coach Smith say that they loved the 07 tape that they've seen on Trey Lewis.

We will draft another DT tho (atleast to rotate with).

Not about tackles with Trey. You didn't see as many huge runs right over Trey Lewis, nor was the QB able to step up into the pocket as much. He was able to hold two linemen down consistently, while it seemed Grady would let one guy get away or try to shed the tackle when it wasn't necessary.

I'm not saying he was a Probowler, but he did play solid and consistent.